The Daft Things DCAs say or write

ODC
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5719 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My debts went away. So did the DCA's, so they must have tolerated my situation. :D

So did mine when I got to breaking point when some lovely guy from sechari clark & mitchell told me the classic 'but you can't afford to go bankrupt'. I called CCCS and they put me in touch with a previous employers charity and what do you know? I went bankrupt on 1st November last year and was discharged on 16th July this year. No more debt, DCAs, smarmy solicitors etc. thanks to the stupid idiot at **** :D Cheers, luv, you did me the best favour ever :p

Edited by babybear39
spelling

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned MBNA yet, so here are a couple of my favourites from them:

"We haven't given up on you"

"We have removed your telephone numbers from our systems but if you don't contact us within 15 days we'll reinstate them".

I like this thread - it's a bit like one of those discussion about everybody's favourite sketch from Only Fools and Horses.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Or in reality a 10 year old Saxo with a turbo badge, Halfords ironing board meccano spoiler, and an exhaust you could lose a family of rabbits in.

Something a little like this.

saxo.jpg

Four Five inch exhausts for a 1.2 litre engine.

It must sound like a bumble bee farting in a baked bean tin.

Edited by fuzzybobble

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Or in reality a 10 year old Saxo with a turbo badge, Halfords ironing board meccano spoiler, and an exhaust you could lose a family of rabbits in.

Something a little like this.

saxo.jpg

Four Five inch exhausts for a 1.2 litre engine.

It must sound like a bumble bee farting in a baked bean tin.

FOR THE LOVE OF JACKET POTATOES, FB, you seriously crack me up. Oh christ I wish you could be my debt counsellor.

20 Creditors including 1 CCJ with - you guessed it - Bryan Carter! £13467.43 owing. £2000 paid off in the past 12 months!!!

Two seperate DCA harridons screamed down the phone at me that they were goign to report me to my local social services because I'm too ill and disabled to look after my daughter...She's almost 16 :rolleyes:
That just goes to show that there really are no depths that a DCA Threat Monkey wont step to in their greed. Still, you have your disability and can cope with it and you also have your pride. These ill breds have no pride, low self esteem and do'nt know what misforturne will befall them in the future. What goes around comes around. KARMA

I cope really well with my disabilities. I get help from DLA, DSA and my university.

Had to laugh at 1st crud last year when I said I was going to become a student and the stupid bint on the end of the phone said 'oh , we'll take your grant, loan and DSA as well as your DLA'. DSA is paid direct to suppliers mostly :p

The one that really walked into it was the bloke from MBNA who said

"There's no need to be rude"

I said, (in a conversational tone)

Really? Sooooooooooo, what are you going to do about it..........................................................ar*ehole?

Couldn't help it:grin::grin:

What a chuckle I have had reading this thread. I have seen them all over the past two years and its nice to see that we can keep our sense of humour. The best one I have seen recently is from Rockwell

We are here to help resolve your problem.

Funny thing is its not my problem its theirs. They have bought a debt for which there is no CCA...................the fourth time its been sold in a year!

I have told them they have been duped and once again its been sold. Another round of letters coming up.

I like the latest from Robinson Way

APPOINTMENT FOR HOME VISIT - for a debt which has a Notice of Discontinuance on it :p

Your debt is still unpaid in spite of previous letters, and calls (not to me you havent, and letters are in the hands of Trading Standards). Before Court Action is considered (its already taken place and your clients lost...)

we will arrange for a local collector to call upon you at home, to agree an affordable payment plan with you (0.00 and £5,000 compensation thanks).

YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE SENT TO OUR

LOCAL COLLECTOR IN 10 DAYS TIME

Call us if you would prefer to agree a payment plan (like 0.00 as it's already been to court and Notice of Discontinuance issued) to this office, or if you wish to arrange an appointment for our collector to visit you (they will be given a copy of the Notice of Discontinuance and told to go forth and NOT multiply).

Yeah but if they buy enough of these old debts for peanuts they only need a tiny fraction to work and still make a load of money.

Where some of these dumbos go wrong is they just do not seem to recognise the point to say ok, foget that one, bang on with the rest.

It is well known in banking circles that there are huge profits to be made out of high risk/defaulted accounts.

Trick is to get the sums right, as the mainstream banks just found out.

David

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/57846-debt-written-off-due-34.html#post1537249

Davey77 received a letter from Moorcroft advising that they had "confirmed with a major utility company of his occupancy of the address" one that he has been corresponding from for quite a while !

MBNA advised me that even if I was to choose bankruptcy as a way out of my ownership of debt to them.. I would require all my creditors to agree.. and they wouldnt ??.

LTSB... "Just because we cant find your agreement at this precise moment.. Doesnt mean to say there isnt one... somewhere "? They have had the CCA request since January 12th

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

"It is clear that there is an impasse here with regard to your account"

Moorcroft 2008

What the hell is that supposed to mean LOL

I got one of those, so I looked it up!!

impasse Show phonetics

noun

a situation in which further development is impossible:

The dispute had reached an impasse, as neither side would compromise.

Basically Moorcrofts way of saying 'You were right, there is no CCA, We're screwed!!'

Pookey

I'm in the DCA kicking business ..........and business is good!!!!

Well Moorcroft Pre Pubescent have just given up on me too. Shame, I was enjoying our little battle. Maybe I'll get another DCA to play with. Moorcroft used that other immortal phrase "we have decided on this occasion and on purely economic grounds alone to close this account and we will take no further action at this time." This is an even more long-winded way of saying "we're stuffed"

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.