Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok....better get this thread on topic again....

I sent Moorcroft a bill today.

£6 for each letter I have had to write £66

£3 for each pointless call I had to answer from them £36

£6 per hour I spent on CAG ""researching consumer law" £1800 (CAG Addict me)

£122 because they added the same in charges while the account was in dispute.

£1000 for the distress and worry their threats and calls have caused me. (I wet myself laughing at their attempts to scare me and I have a dry cleaning bill to pay.)

I doubt I'll get it, but I'll scan their reply on here just for the entertainment value. :p

Priceless, I was desperately hoping UCS would phone tonight but they didn't, despite the fact they've rang me every night this week bar today at about 6pm, oh well.

Be good to yourself, when nobody else will

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wish someone could give me the legal view on charging DCAs to reply to their begging letters. After all they seem quite content to charge 'Administration Fees'. So as they have no legal standing then they are no better than us and if its good enough for them to charge us..................

Just had Cabot on the phone, its been real quiet and I was missing them

Cabot: Can I speak to Mr xxx xxx xxx x

Me: Yes, whats it's about

Cabot: Are YOU Mr x x x x x (they must have learnt after the last time)

Me: Yes, want some security details to make sure

Cabot: Err Err yes ok

ME: Gave postcode, DOB etc

Cabot: You owe us xxxxxx

Me: One minute I'll let my cards

Cabot: oh great

puts phone down, bashes about abit, waits about 10 mins, shouts upstairs to non existance Mrs (she was still at work, I do have one) DO you know where my cards are, can't find them, bash about some more while reading CAG, wait another 10 or so mins, Shout, It's ok I found them

Me: OK

Cabot: What type of card is it?

Me: I have two

Cabot:Which ones do you have

Me: Birthday and Happy fathers day

Cabot: Hung up

How cruel!!!!

The DCA threat monkey probably had a multiple orgasm at the thought of some punter going to pay them. :eek::eek::eek:

Try this one that i have just kicked off donna on 2 pints.

I dont care how many erections you have had i am not comming round.

Can be chnged to paying you.

• Haha 1

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Welcome to the club, and to what will soon become the longest, most read, and best thread on here. :D

Ok, now I've had tons of pm's and messages from people who've read threads on here and said thanks. Among all the depression, stress, and worry that debts have on people. This thread really makes a difference and gives a real positive feeling and that you can turn things around and start living again. I do my bit and the regulars on here have done theirs too.

A big, huge thanks to everyone on here who has given time and effort to make this thread, website, and the world a better place to live in.

When peeps take 3 hours to read this thread (which quite a few have) and come out feeling more positive and learnt something from it. It has to be a good thing.

If anyone deseves praise & thanks its me :D

Ok....better get this thread on topic again....

I sent Moorcroft a bill today.

£6 for each letter I have had to write £66

£3 for each pointless call I had to answer from them £36

£6 per hour I spent on CAG ""researching consumer law" £1800 (CAG Addict me)

£122 because they added the same in charges while the account was in dispute.

£1000 for the distress and worry their threats and calls have caused me. (I wet myself laughing at their attempts to scare me and I have a dry cleaning bill to pay.)

I doubt I'll get it, but I'll scan their reply on here just for the entertainment value. :p

If they dont pay fuzzy, i could recommend a good DCA to use:-D:-D:-D

All comments are well meant but i am not legally qualified only CAG educated:D

In the slight chance i have been helpful please click the scales:)

Oh sorry i cant because there arent any.

Actually you have reminded me of an invoice i sent Bryan Carter, never did chase it up..........

Something to amuse me next week then:p

lol i wonder if i should bill companys for ignoring me

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

YES. you give up your valuable time and they chose to ignore you (charge double)

BT add 25% for recovery costs for some dimwit to write you a letter.

So send a reminder and add 25% each time, hold on a minute im starting to sound like a DCA.....................

I'd be interested to know if anyone has ever shown any "cheekiness" towards a DCA on the phone/or in writing & if so, to what degree?

For example - when i spoke to Credit Solutions on the phone yesterday (quite willingly) i informed the guy that "due to extreme financial difficulties, no offer of payment can be made at this time, however should circumstances improve in the future, i will be happy to review this" :p

I will be sticking to that official line for as long as need be ;)

So have other members said/done anything similar towards a DCA?

I'd love to hear your stories on this :grin:

Here is how it all started some thousand & odd posts ago :-D

Funnily enough - Credit Solutions have totally gone out my life now - ever since they realized what a nightmare i was to speak to on the phone....oh & since their local police force had a word with them ;)

Me: OK

Cabot: What type of card is it?

Me: I have two

Cabot:Which ones do you have

Me: Birthday and Happy fathers day

lol,,,priceless.

I'm looking forward to the day i tell a DCA i'm recording the conversation, then when they ask if i have a license (did i read that on this thread somewhere?) and what the number is; i shall say i've got 3,,,,,fishin, drivin' and T.V,,,what one do you want? :-D

lol,,,priceless.

I'm looking forward to the day i tell a DCA i'm recording the conversation, then when they ask if i have a license (did i read that on this thread somewhere?) and what the number is; i shall say i've got 3,,,,,fishin, drivin' and T.V,,,what one do you want? :-D

lol were getting worse.

I was looking for a bumble bee Mp3 to download, my keyboard still plays up after spitting beer all over it whilst reading this thread! :-D

When coke accidently got spilt over ours we had to take it apart and clean in took ages but it helps if you do this.

1 remember where the keys go.

2 take it apart and using hot soappy water soak it then wash the bits or run it threw the dishwasher on a quick cold cycle.

3 towel dry the parts or wrap in a teatowel and on your coldest setting put your hair dryer on them.

4 have fun putting the pieces back togther.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks