Royal Mail lost 2 out of 3 cca letters signed and recorded

microbar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nothing short of exemplary dont make me laugh

Get Real man just read other members complaints,

In this thread alone

Havent you read the news or watched the documentaries

On bent royal mail staff

The royal mail are the pits.

Thank you for that highly informed, well thought out, eloquent post; which contained very clear justification for your point of view, and how it MUST apply to EVERYONE who uses Royal Mail. I can see now that I was totally mistaken and MUST join the "Royal Mail Are The Pits" group immediately.

• Haha 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also had letter shoved though my door which needed a signature? When I borough it up at the post office I was told that the post person had been up at 4am and wanted to get home for some sleep!!!:roll:

Thinking about it I have had signed for mail dropped through my letter box without my signiture too

Thinking about it I have had signed for mail dropped through my letter box without my signiture too

Of course that can happen as Royal Mail don't guarantee a signature on delivery, so one isn't necessary.

The question is now, why are you paying for a service that isn't being delivered, when you get just as good a service by licking a first class stamp and handing in to PO Counters to get a certificate of posting? (I think I have deja vu, as I've stated this earlier in the thread)

I also don't think you can complain about RM delivering a service that doesn't require a signature when they don't get one.

It's like everything these days, it just depends how well someone does their jobs - some will go their ends to do things right, others will cut corners.

Stop paying through the nose, I say! (the Court service seems to agree, as they don't!)

Just another way to look at this.

I used to be a postie (and yes I was honest! most are, its like any other walk of life there will always be bad apples) On an average fday setting out with between 10 and 20 letters which needed a signature I could guarantee that 2 thirds of them would not get signed for as no one would be at home. I tried to stick to the rules and took them bback to the office but often got moaned at by the householders because I had not just put it through the door without a signature. (You know I live here and you know Im at work, you could have just put it through the door!!!!!) I explained to all these people that the signature is there for the sender and my obligation was to them as they had paid for the service but you would not believe the earache I got.

I also saw it from the other side when I worked in the callers office. People came in furious because they had had a card left asking them to collect and saying that it was ludicrous that that the postie "had not had the sense to post it as he knows me"!)

Whatever the circumstance you cant please all the people all the time. You are dammed if you do and dammed if you dont.

Hi 1stlifeline,

Thanks for your comments from the Postie`s side.

But here`s another way to look at this -

We, the public, the customers of Royal Mail pay EXTRA for a Recorded Delivery Service to a Business, IE Bank or Debt Collection Agency, but they still don`t get signed for.

Now, you can`t say it`s because there was no one in to take the post or they were at work, because that is exactly where the mail is going, to the work place.

The simple fact is, Royal Mail delivery persons do not do there jobs properly. They are simply lazy and cut corners but not doing what the public are paying for. This also has the effect of giving Royal Mail a bad name.

If the delivery people weren`t so keen on rushing off home after emptying there bag, be it by delivery or over the beach banks, then the public might get what they pay.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Speaking as the (long-suffering) missus of a very long-suffering (20 years in fact) Royal Mail employee, can I just point out that recorded delivery is literally just a signature. It tells you this in the post office (well, in my local one it does) not all PO workers are crooks. I accept that it is annoying when mail goes missing which is why my partner and I ALWAYS use SD for anything important - this is so secure that the ordinary sorters dont have access to it, it is locked in a special container and transported securely, signed for just goes thru with the rest of them. the majority of RM workers are honest and hardworking - dont tar them all with the same brush!!! *climbs down off soapbox*

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

The simple fact is, Royal Mail delivery persons do not do there jobs properly. They are simply lazy and cut corners but not doing what the public are paying for. This also has the effect of giving Royal Mail a bad name.

If the delivery people weren`t so keen on rushing off home after emptying there bag, be it by delivery or over the beach banks, then the public might get what they pay.

Is Royal Mails employees the only reason you don't get a signature? Do you really think that these large companies are prepared to pay THEIR mailroom staff to sign every recorded delivery letter - I wouldn't.

Also, they make it clear that a signature only takes place on delivery, so without one Royal Mail can't track whether it was delivered or not - if you've paid for recorded delivery and don't get a signature, you claim the price back. Saying you've paid for recorded delivery where delivery has taken place without a signature simply means you get a refund - it doesn't mean the item wasn't delivered. In this case, you haven't "paid" for anything as you've had a refund. (If you bother your ar*e to apply for one) If you don't ask for a refund, Royal Mail is happy to keep your money.

CPR doesn't require the use of recorded or even special delivery, so don't use it. If you do, be aware of the risks. I can't think of anything else to add to that.

Hi there,

car0403, I think your missing the point here.

My point is Royal Mail are offering the public a service for an extra price. People are paying this extra price, so it is upto Royal Mail to deliver that service.

Most of the time the delivery person doesn`t ask for a signature because they can`t be bothered with all the letters they have. So, what are they getting paid for then? Even if the recipient doesn`t or won`t sign, the delivery person should make a note so it shows up on the website for the sender to check, something like `Delivered - Signature Refused`.

Have you ever thought that Royal Mail may know fine well that they are offering this service which the public is not receiving, but they don`t care because due to the small amounts involved customers won`t bother claiming anything back. But, at the end of the day Royal Mail are probably clicking millions of pounds and are quite happily to do so.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hi again,

Just wondering, what does the little star on the end of the thread title mean on the forum page?

Regards

N.P

Someone has rated the thread as "Terrible"!

Wasn't me, honest! ;)

Heh heh, I thought it might mean it`s a hot topic.

Regards

N.P

Most of the time the delivery person doesn`t ask for a signature because they can`t be bothered with all the letters they have. So, what are they getting paid for then?

Please dont keep making assumptions without getting your facts right. I wouldnt assume to do that about anyone elses job. You have to do the job to know what it entails.

As I said in my earlier post there will always be the bad apples but they dont account for the entire workforce of Royal Mail.

Having worked as a postie and also having worked in the office where they scan the barcodes after delivery I have seen it frrom both sides.

If the postie delivers and gets a signature but dosnt hand in his sheet on time the item will not show delivered, but, if the postie does his job correctly but the office staff dont scan correctly the letter will still not show signed for although it has been. Every person is dependant on another completeing the task properly. You cant always blame the postie.

I know a lot of them dont always bother to get signatures and this IS wrong.

But to say they dont get a signature because they cant be bothered is not true at all.

When I was a postie I always asked for a signature. However, if the customer wasnt in I had to write out a card and then carry the item for the rest of my round and then go to the nearest post office and hand over the letter/parcel and have it signed for there. Much easier just to get it signed for at the door and get rid of it.

• Haha 1

It takes up to 15 days for Royal Mail to deliver 1st class mail after posting.

Last Monday was only the 7th and the OP's letter's were posted on the 2nd. That means the 22nd and 17th of this month to wait and it is now only the 12th.

Why not just check your account to see if the £1 has been encashed, or the PO or whatever you used?

Whatever happens you have recorded proof you sent the request, assuming you kept the receipt.

Just wondering were you got this info from.

My FIL is a royal mail sorting office manager, His Brother is a postie, My fiance is a X postie and the guy that delivers our mail lives 5 doors away.

They ahve all confirmed to me this information is incorrect.

The Correct Infoormations is. 1st class mail has to be delivered within 24 hrs of recipt @the delivery office, with an exception to the rule being certain remote locations, Some times we are advise this alo may be extended to 2 days due to time of year like christmas and new year.

Second Class mail is 5 Working days from recipt @the delivery office but sometimes they say 7 days due to time of year and certain remote locations.

Third class delivery Is a 15 day service. This is mainly used buy catalogue companys and non urgent mail.

normal ppl, as in non staff and family of RM staff would not have heard of this service.

Most normal ppl would not no that there are also 21 different royal mail services including the ones ppl know of.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Just wondering were you got this info from.

I think it's just a slight misunderstanding - RM allow 15 working days before they class an item as 'lost' - this is not the same as saying the delivery could take up to 15 working days.

Allowing 15 working days gives adequate time to ensure the item has not been returned to sender for whatever reason before they class it as 'lost'.

And 21 services - that's an understatement - there's bloomin' hundreds on the RM website! :-)

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

these are the ones that the general public no about. there are actually more.

The op of the quote i used was not very clear about what he put so that is why l corrected him.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but I can't start a new one and nubies may still stumble across it. I'm handling my pensioner mo-in-laws multiple debts. After the first couple of cases of letters apparently not arriving I started sending everything by Special Delivery. You can get a bundle of the stickers from the PO counter, so you put under the date on the letter 'sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery Ref XX9999999XX' in bold if typing. That lets them know and is your reminder. Get the copy of the signature from the website a few days later and file it. Also keep the envelopes of incoming letters and record the date received. These private post companies are worse than Royal Mail; either that or these companies date letters but the post rooms don't actually put them in the post for a few days.

Even then I once had Restons tell me that HFC Bank claimed not to have received a letter - yet the beggars had cashed the cheque !! - I sent Restons the POD and the bank statement; they never claimed such a thing again.

Also, change your phone number. It's easy enough to let your familiy and friends know the new number; don't ever give it to these people again and don't phone them. If you must, use the 141 thing.

Mo-in-law's life was a misery until we asked BT to change the number; even though she was getting the calls through Saga, BT were very helpful and did it same day ! Thank you BT.

I suppose if you want to catch them out you could miss putting it on the letter; the person handling the case won't see the envelope so won't know it was sent SD. Then when they claim not to have received it you hit them with the POD.