Private Parking Tickets - General discussion points

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4800 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I recieved my second letter this morning. :D

This one has two lovely pictures of my car entering and exiting there car park. Pity there in black & white My car looks lovely in them.;)

Anybody else had pictures of there vehicle sent to them????

Yes Mine where in colour must be expenive to produce ,Great

LETSHELP,

Great ansa, that's going to make my weekend go just fine, thank you. By the way, my Mrs says that we must ansa the pcn otherwise the balliffs are going to take lots of stuff away. I've tried to show her these respop0nses but she doesn't want to know, any advice pls?

It is always a problem when you are trying to reason with people who don't know what they are talking about.

See Crems response for all she needs to know.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Crem, Letshelp and others,

Thank you very much for advice, my Mrs seems to believe that we can win this now; awaiting my first letter (oh by the way they are not registered with the British Parking people so it will be interesting to see what tale they tell to get my details from DVLA). I will let you all know what tehy say.

Hi all...

Well a big thank you for starters as I totally ignored a PCN from UKPC what ever their money grabbin name is... and nothing happened!

However I went down to the station to drop someone off and went down the wrong way ( a bus lane ) and the council have sent me 2 PCNs one for entering the wrong way and one for exiting the wrong way... Great...

Anywho I appealed to the Council to let me off one of the PCNs - which to my surprise they did, however on the other PCN they rejected the appeal but in the actuall letter they state and I quote...

HTe area around the station entrance is clearly marked as a bus lane. There are signs on all approaches to the bus lane that access is only for bus taxix and cycles. Access to the drop off point is made via either Tudor Road or Greyfriars Road, when exiting the drop off motorists must turn right. Other vehicle must follow the directional signs. It is the motorists responsibility to abide by the signs when driving. I can therefore find no justification to cancel the above PCN -(this is for a PCN ending 52 as per the letter ref). However, discretion has been used to cancel PCN (same PCN number as one in this letters ref) on this occasion only and does not set a precedent for any future PCNs that may be issued.

Now later on in the letter the following is stated...

Your representation has been considered by this office in accordance with the requirement of the bus lane contraventions (Penalty Charges, Adjudication and Enforcement)(England) Regulatoins 2005, but after full consideration of the representations made and all other circumstances relating to the issue of PCN, I have to advise you that grounds for representation agains the PCN have not been establishied.

Now I called the council and they advised I should appeal as there is obviously a typing mistake in this rejection letter... Does this mean they should let me off, should I not appeal and let the council take me to court?

Or can someone here give me an idea on how I should word my appeal so that it gives the council no other way than to let me off completely...

I do know I was in the wrong and I did advise the council I was not sure how to get to the drop off point other than via the bus lane... which is about 10-20mtrs long... so I guess they did take pitty on me and let me off on one of the PCNs - SO perhaps I should not push my luck??

let us know what you think

Hi just found this site and found some useful info, was wondering if you could help. was in my local toys r us car park and was 17 mins over the 2 hr free parking. i have today received a letter from g24 ltd stating that as i was 17 mins over the time i have to pay a £75 fine or £50 if i pay within 2 wks, bit unfair as it was a sunday afternoon and the car park was almost empty, is there any advice that you would be able to give me? many thanks

worried cherm

so i should not even use one of the template in the OP to respond,

sorry just a little worried:cry:

Ignore everything they send you. Have a read of other G24 threads here:

g24 : site:consumeractiongroup.co.uk - Google Search

and their letter-chain here:

MoneySavingExpert.com Forums - View Single Post - G24 Ltd using debt recovery agency

I've been ignoring PE letters, the last letter was from CCS collection, this was in February, I haven't heard anything back from them since. its going to be almost two months now, I assume they stopped, or should I be expecting more? anyway I decided to ignore and will continue to do so, (unless I get a court order ), which is highly unlikely. its down to the individual to decided to ignore, not everyone is comfortable ignoring? whichever way, if its done in right manner it seems they do eventually go away. :) Also there are loads of templates around if any1 do decide to reply to these scambags, with the experience I had, mainly thanks to this site, way bother wasting postage stamps on these scambags.

I thought I'll update further on my situation, I havent recieved any further letters since the letter from ccs collection. It's now been around 3 months since the last letter. I guess they gave up. Anyway just to recap on anyone who feels a bit apprehensive about ignoring these letters, as many said on this forum, best policy is to ignore.

Today I watched watchdog, which had story on Mcdonalds car park. who also have a private company issues fines for over staying. Watchdog had a solicetor explaining what people should do and he basically said the same thing as everyone been saying in this forum, just ignore. There hasnt been a single case thats been taken to courts, for them to do that, they have to first prove who the driver was first. So IGNORE PEOPLE.

I thank everyone who gave me advice. you people rock!!

• 2 weeks later...
Got my third letter today. This one is from ccs collect? I'm now due them £140. How many more letters am I going to get? :):)

That's the last one I had from them. see here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/156986-parking-charge-notice-parking-6.html#post2652589

Please help advise how do i stand. I parked on a road late at night (it was dark) when I returned the following day I had a penalty notice stuck to my car window from Vehicle Control services in Sheffield. The charge was that I had parked in a restricted area and the fuine is £80 raising to £120 if I dont pay within 7 days. In daylight I did see some signs but they are not visible from where I parked and I will explain further. from the direction I entered the road there were no signs, I parked on the right hand side of the road. There were no signs at all on the right hand side of the road where I parked. On the left hand side of the road there were some signs but about 200 yards further up the road. There is no markings on the road, no yellow lines nothing and nothing to state where the restricted parking started or ended. I only saw the signs 200 yards further up the road in day light as i walked the length of the road to see why I had a ticket, these signs would also not be visible at night. Also anotherpoint is the tiicket was put on my car at 7am on a Sunday morning and they stated the colour of my car incorrectly. I was thinking of appealing against the fine due to there been no clear indication of where the restriction began or ended and also i was parked on a side of the road with no signs what so ever and 200 yards before the first sign on the opposite side of the road. However after reading this forum I assume they are out to frighten you into paying or appealing to admit you were the driver, so i assume I sit back and do nothing? Just after a bit of confirmation I will be doing the right thing. Has anyone come across this company before.

Hi there, I had a parking issue not too different from yours, in that I got a letter demanding money. To be honest its all to easy to get involved in the reasons you shouldn't pay.... bad light, poor visibility for signs, invalid mother-in-law... all that, but as I learned here, that is mostly irrelevant.

They are trying to frighten you into paying and no doubt have a fair success rate. I took the general advice here and did not respond to any letters... and they got pretty involved. Red ink, lots more red ink, threats of legal action and a final demand for over £500.

As I said, I ignored them and they went away. I'm not saying its easy, it can play on your mind a little and the temptation was there to respond or enter into a dialogue with them as if that might some how make things better.

My mind is now easy, I have paid nothing and they went away.

This forum and the advice you get helped me. I'm not saying every circumstance is the same, but it worked for mine and I have little doubt yours.

To m1969.

Doesn't really matter who or where they are. Follow the instructions elsewhere on all of these companies.

Rule 1 ignore

Rule 2 ignore

Rule 3 Go back to rule one.

Part of Excel. Type their name into google and you will see loads of people who have refused to pay them.

If by the remotest chance you do get taken to court come back here. BUT they have lost case after case. Ignore.

Thanks to the 2 responses above. I think I just needed the reassurance. I feel sorry for the people who are frightened by this and pay straight away without doing any research.

Thats why we tell those that find out about the [problem] to inform all their family, friends, workmates... Knowledge really is power.

PPC company fine issues was feaured in watchdog recently, someone kindly posted on tube, see it here

and advice is to ignore the b**tards!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4800 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks