• Tweets

• As one of you mentioned above I've been in a mess for nearly 20 years now and I'm ready to sort my credit report out now - the main reason I got into second round of debt is my kids being unwell and the state considering them not unwell enough for extra help so despite my son being in hospital for 3 months in one year we got extra zero help and I eventually lost my job and got into debt to just so I can be تا my sons hospital bed at his time of need - my life basically fell apart and all these debts got me again 
    • Gosh mate I've woke up this morning with half the worry I had last night when going to sleep!.  I can't believe how much this forum has helped me over the years and I don't  have the words to explain the gratitude I feel towards you guys -  Now that I've slept on it I feel ready to reject this company and my plan is to make them an offer to accept payments to date as full and final settlement - I will I think write them a letter once my review is completed or maybe just send it now whilst they are reviewing explaining my kids are unwell for which reason I'm struggling to survive and if I can politely request for them to accept payment to date as a full and final - I'll mention I don't have any cash or anyone to borrow from to offer a full or even part amount of the remaining balance of the iva and therfore am unable to make a offer of payment.   If they agree to at least even put my offer to the creditors then I feel it's better I hang in there and that way I won't have to deal with any possibilities of more defaults and ccjs    Right now the only adverse effects on my credit report are the iva that is now 3 years old and 2 Ccj one coming of this July and one thus October.    But I am worried new action will begin and new defaults and Ccj may start to appear because I've paying into an agreement im under the impression the 6 year rules starts again so yes I have lost of mixed feelings about this but I'm not going to lie you guys have put some life back into my breath this week as for the last 3 years I've felt caged like an animal and this morning I feel freer I can't explain how much but certainly my soul feel lighter today thanks to yin because I'm now viewing this review totally different to I do yesterday thanks to you guys 
    • Court name UNKNOWN Case number ********** Amount N/A Confirmed by Insolvency Service Date issued May 2021 Type Voluntary Arrangement Notes If you have questions about voluntary arrangements you should speak to the Insolvency Service.     I started this in 2021. So it's been about 3 years I've been paying. 
    • Thanks @lookinforinfo@Nicky Boyi sent across the agreement earlier in this thread. No mention of financial reward to the MA. But, I wouldn't be surprised if it was done on the sly. As I said earlier, the owner of OPS is a convicted criminal, with a very shady reputation around these parts.
    • The average high street easy-access account pays 1.7% interest - but savers could earn 5% if they moved their money elsewhere. We look at which banks have the top rates.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Private Parking Tickets - General discussion points

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4784 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,this is the first time i`ve used one of these forums so bare with me cus i`m bound to make mistakes sending messeges all over the place!.Before i start with my story about excel can someone let me know if i`m posting onto the correct forum page plz.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi there,this is the first time i`ve used one of these forums so bare with me cus i`m bound to make mistakes sending messeges all over the place!.Before i start with my story about excel can someone let me know if i`m posting onto the correct forum page plz.

I have just responded to your post on another thread, DON'T post here it will only confuse those who will try to help. Just use the other thread you posted on or start your own.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

hi bernie

this is my first time on post it and i would appreciate some help on weds 3rd march recieved ticket from central ticketing for being 10mins late they are asking for £65 fine are the legit do i have to pay

hi bernie

this is my first time on post it and i would appreciate some help on weds 3rd march recieved ticket from central ticketing for being 10mins late they are asking for £65 fine are the legit do i have to pay

NO.

regards

Not a surprise. I don't think they can actually count to such a high number as 14 :lol:

Update: I've now recieved letter number 3, this one from CCS collection. (just as you intelligent ppl already informed me). this should go along side letter no1 and 2.

Just few observation from the letter, the address is same as parking eye address. And Never at one point do they mention whether this will be taken to court if I don't pay. when looking into closely to the letters, it don't sound that professional at all. obviously without this site I wouldn't have looked into that much detail but now more I read the letters the more ridiculous it sounds, albeit maybe a bit scary . 8)

the way I see it I have nothing to lose :D Bring on letter no4.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I've just read as many as I can of the posts on here, but am a little unsure what I should do as I can't find anyone else who has phoned Parking Eye before 'ignoring' the letters (basically I panicked assuming I had no choice but to pay)....

I recieved my first P.Eye letter on Tues 23th March (altho its dated 11th March!) giving me til Thurs 25th to pay the reduced amount of £40, So I called and spoke to someone to ask if I appealed would the £40 charge still be ok in the event I lost the appeal, as they weren't giving me much time to act. They said Yes. I explained I had parked In Aldi, crossed the road to get my money out of the Post Office, and returned to do my weekly shop. When I had finished I went into my bag and my purse was gone....I immediately panicked and dashed all over the shop to find it, with no luck, so I bolt out to the P. Office to see if anyone has handed one in, again no luck, then call my other half to tell him i'm at the shops with no money to pay, as I'm on the phone I walk to the car and there's my purse! It must have dropped out when I got the shopping bags out the boot! So I pay and leave thinking all was ok. (Paid cash and threw receipt away days later like you do!)

The guy at P. Eye tells me I have little chance of winning my appeal as I have just told him I left the car park to use another shop (the P.Office). I said I'd never seen anything on Aldi's Sign that stated you couldn't do that. (I'm pretty sure it doesn't!)...and I went 14 mins over the 1 and a half hours allowed. I was going to write and explain what happened hoping to appeal to someone's basic kindness.....only the more I read on here the more I realise what a bunch of cons they.

So what do I do? Have I messed everything up by calling? Do they record those convo's?

Today (Fri 26th) I've received my second letter with photos showing reg plate (dated the day I called - only this one only took a couple of days NOT WEEKS to reach me - I guess they do that on purpose to increase the panic factor).

As I went over the time, do I have a leg to stand on? Have I already admitted my guilt by calling?

Sorry it's a long one with loads of questions but I really am panicked here as I could barely afford the £40 let alone £70 (which is "the first of many additional charges" according to them)

Any help / advice very welcome

Kai's Mum

its a [problem] , dont belive anything they tell you

it is not a LEGAL PARKING TICKET like the Council issue, its no more than a [problem] invoice

first IGNORE anything they told you

next have a read of the many posts regarding PE and the many PPC's of how the [problem] works

you dont owe them anything

the photo means nothing nor what you said to them on the phone

yes you will get lots of stupid letter making lots of silly threats that they MAY do , but by ignoring them they do give up

I have dealt with parking eye on several occasions and by my choosing I responded to the first IN a comprehensive manner. Never heard anything since. THat was back IN the summer. Can help you if you so wish. I choose not to ignore and be harassed but to strike back and verbally kick them IN the nuts

+1 for ignoring them.

I ignored my Excel PCN and they went away eventually. I tempted fate by going back to the same carpark recently (in a different car at least :p ) and had another one slapped on my window. Shall be ignoring that one as well.

Just stay strong in the face of their threats and really believe they can't actually carry out any of them.

I have dealt with parking eye on several occasions and by my choosing I responded to the first IN a comprehensive manner. Never heard anything since. THat was back IN the summer. Can help you if you so wish. I choose not to ignore and be harassed but to strike back and verbally kick them IN the nuts

I've been ignoring PE letters, the last letter was from CCS collection, this was in February, I haven't heard anything back from them since. its going to be almost two months now, I assume they stopped, or should I be expecting more? anyway I decided to ignore and will continue to do so, (unless I get a court order ), which is highly unlikely. its down to the individual to decided to ignore, not everyone is comfortable ignoring? whichever way, if its done in right manner it seems they do eventually go away. :) Also there are loads of templates around if any1 do decide to reply to these scambags, with the experience I had, mainly thanks to this site, way bother wasting postage stamps on these scambags.

I have been following this site since I overstayed at a Mcdonalds ,I have totally ignored all threats etc and have recieved the second solicitors letter ? and still ignoring according to the site this should be the last one .I will keep you informed.

I have just used 2 of the tenplates re a parking charge from Lidl. I feel sure you are all correct in saying these cgahrges are "illegal" but I'm a bit worried. I was the driver but the charges have been sent to the keeper, my partner. What worries me is: could this refusal to pay up affect my partners credit rating - cos if it does Im dead meat!

I have just used 2 of the tenplates re a parking charge from Lidl.

General advise now is not to communicate with them in any fashion. However, if if's done, it's done.

I feel sure you are all correct in saying these cgahrges are "illegal" but I'm a bit worried.

That's why you come here :)

I was the driver but the charges have been sent to the keeper, my partner.

Good. They will "assume" she was the driver which she wasn't, and as only the driver can have entered into their "contract" then it is nothing to do with her. They will be pursuing the wrong person and she can ignore them to her hearts content.

What worries me is: could this refusal to pay up affect my partners credit rating

No. Absolutely not. They would have to take her to court (0.01% chance) win, (nil chance coz she wasn't even driving!) even then, if they win acase and the loser pays within 28 days then nothing goes on your credit file.

- cos if it does Im dead meat!

I am sure there are many other reasons why you will still be dead meat so don't get your hopes up that solving this little matter will save you :D

I was given a PCN on the 28th of March at 2030hrs. I had apparntly parked in a private bay. This was abit of a surprise as there were no indications that I couldn't park in the bay I'd parked in. On closer inspection I saw a sign on a bay two below me that said 'Travel agent customer. No Parking'. A pub landlord then informed me that during the day, people woudl park in the bays when taking kids to school which prevented people visiting the travel agent from parking, so they brought in UKCPS to ake sure they bays were used by Travel agent patrons only. I had another look around and saw, hidden under a fire escape a sign that said I could receive a fine, be clamped or towed away. I then saw on another wall behind where I'd parked another sign, which was high up and not visible in the dark either. Ihave taken photographs. My friend had parked next to me and he got a ticket as well. £75 each. I haven't paid and don't intend. The landlord told me he had been given a ticket that got to £300 before UKCPS told him to forget it. I'm angry about this. Besides not paying and not writing until them until I get an invoice (I did get a letter today saying I now owed £126), is there any else that I could do? Maybe writing to an MP, Watchdog or Trading standards perhaps. Also looking for some assurance that I'm doing the right thing!!

i am new to the site but i am happy i came accross the site. it has been very helpful and encouraging. thanx a lot for helping poor people like me out of our misery.

i packed in homebase for 6 days to go to work because my working place is nearby. i did not know know that they have installed a camera. the first was on the 25/02/10. the second day was on the 03/03/10 till 10/03/10. on the 16/03/10, G24 sent 6 parking tickets of 95 pounds each to my hubby with reduced charge of 75 pounds if he pay within 14 days or they will refer him to debt recovery team . we were at a croos road of whether to pay or not because the money is too much. then i came accross your site and i used one of the template that my hubby is the registered keeper of the vehicle but he was not the driver on those stated dates. they sent another letter with the refference number of one of the tickets that the reduced charge have lapsed and they will a reminder letter after 28days. what should we do. thanks

Ignore everything and never contact them again.

As your OH is the RK, he will continue to receive their letters, but as he wasn't driving ang therefore couldn't possibly have agreed to their "contract" then they are pursuing the wrong person. That's their problem not yours. :D

My wife went to park at Matalan today to drop my daughter off and run another errand. When she parked, she noticed a fire engine there and pointed out to my young son that the man in the yellow jacket nearby was a fireman. They went to leave for their errand but returned to pick up a forgotten item from the car still under scrutiny from the 'fireman'. About ten minutes later, when my wife returned to her car to leave, there was a parking charge notice attached to her windscreen, so she approached the 'fireman' to find out if he had seen who put it there and why.

Turns out the fireman in the high visibility jacket was an employee of town and centre parking ltd, and of course my wife asked why he hadn't brought it to her attention that the car park had been turned to a pay and display, despite the fact she was clearly unaware, him having observed her for five minutes or so.

She was met by obnoxious responses, and she even offered to pay the actual parking fee now that she was aware of it.

She was told, she couldn't and had to pay the amount on the notice.

My wife is now afraid, and wants to pay this outrageous charge to close the matter; she is afraid of the cost escalating, and her name being tarnished (it's difficult to get through to her that she hasn't broken any law). But I am furious that these people can so blatently extort money from law abiding citizens in this manner.

I found this forum and have advised her to ignore the notice and subsequent letters as suggested here. But because of the circumstances, I am almost inclined to see if there is any legal redress for the worry and stress that they are now putting her through with this [problem].

Of course I'll ask her to read through this topic to try to encourage some resolve not to pay these people.

Kip is correct it is a [problem] and should be ignored. I think you will be wasting your time trying to get compensation for stress and upset.

Do NOT contact them at all no matter how tempting to fire of a response it just encourages them to give you more stress and upset.

regards

Thanks both, she read through the posts here and elsewhere and is encouraged to be unresponsive. The unsettling thing about the [problem] is how it masquerades as being a legitimate fine. You get caught up in the notion that you are somehow refusing to pay a fine for a 'traffic offense' but of course, it is no such thing.

I have just used 2 of the tenplates re a parking charge from Lidl. I feel sure you are all correct in saying these cgahrges are "illegal" but I'm a bit worried. I was the driver but the charges have been sent to the keeper, my partner. What worries me is: could this refusal to pay up affect my partners credit rating - cos if it does Im dead meat!

Originally Posted by cross consumer viewpost.gif

I have just used 2 of the tenplates re a parking charge from Lidl.

General advise now is not to communicate with them in any fashion. However, if if's done, it's done.

I feel sure you are all correct in saying these cgahrges are "illegal" but I'm a bit worried.

That's why you come here :-)

I was the driver but the charges have been sent to the keeper, my partner.

Good. They will "assume" she was the driver which she wasn't, and as only the driver can have entered into their "contract" then it is nothing to do with her. They will be pursuing the wrong person and she can ignore them to her hearts content.

What worries me is: could this refusal to pay up affect my partners credit rating

No. Absolutely not. They would have to take her to court (0.01% chance) win, (nil chance coz she wasn't even driving!) even then, if they win acase and the loser pays within 28 days then nothing goes on your credit filelink3.gif.

- cos if it does Im dead meat!

I am sure there are many other reasons why you will still be dead meat so don't get your hopes up that solving this little matter will save you :grin:

Just received in the post a letter from Parking Eye regarding parking in a B&Q car park. My case is the same as cross consumer, I was driving the car but it's registered in the wifes name.

Read loads of posts in this thread and ma heids nippin.:grin: DO I JUST IGNORE THIS LETTER???? :confused: (sorry for being thick):smile:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4784 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks