parking eye, and evidence to prove i wasnt there for the claimed time! up yours!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a penalty notice from parking eye who have stated i sent over four hours at lymm services on the m6 , i usually fill up there as it is near a location for my work, not any more.that will cost them at least £150 pounds a week. on the day in question i was in a courtesy car from the garage whilst my car was in for some work, to save putting too much petrol in the courtesy car i made two visits to the services (as i am out on the road all day), i believe the camera saw me enter the services but did not see me leave, i could very easily have been in a queue of traffic which obscured my reg plate,and it also didnt see me enter for the second time again traffic is quite often heavy with lots of hgv's using this services(it would be quite easy to be missed if you are in a queue behind one of these) therefore it looked like i had been there all this time, i got a letter the other day telling me i had to pay £50 , good job then i had signed the contractors book at one of my site visits with the hire car reg in between the times they had said i was there, what if i didnt have proof of where id been though, spoke to the call centre , obviously got a snotty reply "the cameras couldnt miss you" has anyone else had dealings with this company, imho its a load of b***s and i will be writing to the md of the services to inform him i will not use the services any more nor will my colleagues, also the press will be informed, local and national.......yes i'm fuming, so if you are driving into services anywhere beware..........big brother is watching you and he wants your cash.

• 4 months later...

I too have been wrongly accused and fallen victim to the Parking Eye at Lymm Services! I originally arrived at the Services at 1946 hrs to pick up a friend, staying no more than 30 mins out of the allocated 2 hrs free parking. I then returned at around 2315 hrs to drop off my friend and to use the toilet facilities before finally leaving at 2352 hrs, a time of 35-40 minutes and again well within the 2 hour free period.

So you can imagine my surprise when I received a letter 4 days later stating that I had stayed for over 3 hrs and had to pay a £50 fine! Clearly they have failed to record me leaving and then returning. I have tried 6 times to resolve this issue on the telephone but have gotten no where and am now at the point where they're demanding £110 or they will send bailiffs to my address to take my possessions to that value!

I will take this issue to court if I have to because I feel this 'humanless' system is making to many mistakes and needs to be highlighted. How many other innocent victims are there out there!?

Billy72

Don’t ring them, it cost you money, don’t admit you were driving, they have to prove it. Always write keeping copies and ask for the evidence, it’s their responsibility to provide it- they are making the accusation, when they don’t because they can’t, tell them that until they provide the information to stop corresponding, they will then get a collecting agency to send a threatener, you reply to that saying the claim is in dispute, they should leave it at that but won’t, you’ll get another letter threatening bailiffs etc., etc., but they cannot make a demand for money without a county court judgement. There is loads of legal stuff on this forum explaining your rights ,look at the stickys at the top of the parking/traffic offences forum. Don’t forget ,it’s only the driver they can pursue not the registered keeper.

Keep your letters short, to the point and civil but ask them the questions, that way you will not incriminate anyone.Don't phone or e-mail the Bailiffs, write everything, keep your proof of communication,keep the the bailiff letters envelopes also to prove the date they posted the threat.It's been known they date the letter 14days before you receive it, they can then claim extra costs as you are 'out' of the '14 days or else' period.

There won't be any bailiffs. A debt collection agency may write but will not be able to do anything.

If you were on the land entirely with permission I see no reason to deny being the driver, as they have no possible claim against anybody.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

• 2 weeks later...

Never pay ParkingEye a penny! I know the people who run this company. They cannot make you pay and they have never taken anyone to court. It is my understanding that their customers are pulling out of the system left right and centre because of the uproar it has caused, so hopefully they won't be around for much longer. I understand that some people clog up car parks which is unfair to genuine customers, but to scaremonger people who have stayed a couple of minutes over the allocated time is just plain bullying, fed by greed. I have been told The system is offered to clients free of charge and Parkingeye take all the fine money - covering their costs and making them a tidy profit. That's why they are so hell bent on making you pay. Don't be frightened by them and don't pay! - you are literally putting money into the back pocket of the people who run this company. An inside source has told me ironically, that everyone who works at the company apparently gets a permit allowing them to be exempt from the system. Kinda goes against everything they stand for.

• 2 months later...

Having just got a notice from parkingeye I have done a little digging there is a VERY GOOD guide on this link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119802-private-parking-tickets-template.html

Companies check shows

Name & Registered Office:

PARKINGEYE LIMITED

88 FISHERGATE HILL

PRESTON

LANCASHIRE

PR1 8JD

Company No. 05134454

Date of Incorporation: 21/05/2004

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

7032 - Manage real estate, fee or contract

Accounting Reference Date: 31/08

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/08/2006 (SMALL)

Next Accounts Due: 30/06/2008

Last Return Made Up To: 21/05/2007

Next Return Due: 18/06/2008

Last Members List: 21/05/2007

Previous Names: Date of change Previous Name 27/07/2004 MARPLACE (NUMBER 630) LIMITED

DONT PAY THEM A PENNY USE THE TEMPLATE LETTERS DO NOT COMMUNICATE WITH THEM ANY OTHER WAY.

There is no such thing as impossible; only the degree of difficulty required to achieve the desired outcome.

Read through the

FAQ Section.... Use these links :grin:

Like what I say show - add to my reputation (click the scales!)

My advice & opinions are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

Halicrap - Full settlement 12/06 £408.34

Crapitol 1 - Settled in Full 27/04/07 £15808-)

All & Pester - Claim served £5695 4/09, Stayed

Woolsnitch mortgage accounts - Claim served £2995 4/09, application to strike out 06/09

Lloybles - No CCA, CPR disclosure notices served.

• 5 months later...

I received a charge from Parking Eye for parking overnight at Aldi in Wollaston, needless to say I did not park there. What appears to have happend is. I visited the store on 26/08/08 but could not get the product so I left and returned the next day at around 09:00. Either by error or design only the entry on 26 and exit 27 was detected by the system. I live alone but I believe I have found a way to prove not only my case but many others. More to follow as soon as I have the desired information.

I AM STEELING MYSELF FOR THE HOOTS OF DERISION FOR BEING OUT OF DATE WITH MY INFO, BUT HERE GOES.

I refer to the OP. I was given to believe by a HGV driver friend that though the buildings on a motorway service station are privately owned the car park is owned by the government / highways agency and is there specifically for tired drivers to rest.

He claims that he parked for some time on one park and was told to "move or pay up". (This is some years ago). He refused either option and when the police arrived he politely informed them that "I am tired and consider myself not safe to drive. Are you ordering me to drive off officer?" The police officer simply walked away.

Is this still the case?

that will always be a valid and good reason to stop and rest. For sure there is an invitation to treat - massive ones on those big signs. its a PPC invoice - who cares what they say ? they ALWAYS trip themselves up, its the way their 'business' works. By deceiving people and in pursuit of that aim they cross so many boundaries they are stuffed. ALL they should do is ask the RK for the name of driver - but they never do as if they did this their hit rate would fall through the flaw. Shame about those new Consumer Regs isn't it :) :)

If all I was trying to do was not pay the charge I would agree but it seems to me that parking eye may have commited a criminal offense vis obtaining money by deception and since Aldi Know about the Problem ,15 people per day here, they also may be guilty of conspiring in such. To go any further I need to prove parking eye could reasonably have been expected to know there was an error. At this point whether the error was deliberate or by negligence is immaterial any impartial court must find against them. Obviously this is my opinion and until it is tested in court will remain just that.

• 2 years later...

i have been getting letters from parking eye for parking at the sandbanks hotel bournemouth whilst spending the evening there. The hotel have cctv evidence of me being there but parking eye said that that wasnt good enough and that i have to pay £90 + £30 admin for my 1hr 20 min stay. The hotel who own the car park told them to cancel it but they refused asking me again for the money. I have now written to them again telling that there is no way im paying as i have enough evidence that i was using the hotel at the time and that they now owe me £60.00 admin cost for both my letters and that if if they wish to discuss this with myself they could call me on (number provided) as im not scared to talk to them unlike themselves who hide behind email addresses. I have yet to hear back lol

I have now written to them again telling that there is no way im paying as i have enough evidence that i was using the hotel at the time and that they now owe me £60.00 admin cost for both my letters and that if if they wish to discuss this with myself they could call me

Fair enough if you're doing this as a wind-up, but in seriousness, you don't need to contact them or deal with them in any way. They will never ever pay you anything, and similarly, you should never pay them. The rest - letters, evidence etc - is by the by. Just ignore them.

The most interesting part is the fact that the landowner - who is the only person legally entitled to charge for TORT (which is what these cases revolve around) - has instructed their agent NOT to collect this charge. Yet they have said that they will do so anyway? I would so love this one as a case in court.

The sooner these type of parasitic **** are outlawed the better.

From experience these people have no teeth and they know it. Don't give it a second thought - throw every letter in the bin and they will stop after a couple of months max. It is one of the oldest scams in the book - I remember receiving fake invoices from fake suppliers for one of my businesses 30 years ago. I had the same threats last year from parking in the B&Q car park at Stockport, completely ignored 'em and they stopped sending after the third letter.

Write to the land owner/operator, be it hotel, shop or store, telling them of this nonsence and tell them that until they ensure the system is operated with sence and fairness, you will be taking your business elsewhere.If enough people did it the signs will start coming down.

• 2 months later...
Having just got a notice from parkingeye I have done a little digging there is a VERY GOOD guide on this

Companies check shows

PARKINGEYE LIMITED

88 FISHERGATE HILL

PRESTON

LANCASHIRE

PR1 8JD

Company No. 05134454

Date of Incorporation: 21/05/2004

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

7032 - Manage real estate, fee or contract

Accounting Reference Date: 31/08

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/08/2006 (SMALL)

Next Accounts Due: 30/06/2008

Last Return Made Up To: 21/05/2007

Next Return Due: 18/06/2008

Last Members List: 21/05/2007

Previous Names: Date of change Previous Name 27/07/2004 MARPLACE (NUMBER 630) LIMITED

DONT PAY THEM A PENNY USE THE TEMPLATE LETTERS DO NOT COMMUNICATE WITH THEM ANY OTHER WAY.

It now says

PARKINGEYE LIMITED

40 EATON AVENUE

BUCKSHAW VILLAGE

CHORLEY

LANCASHIRE

UNITED KINGDOM

PR7 7NA

Company No. 05134454

• 3 months later...
if any one is interested i have found the landline number for parking eye and it is 01772 885800 and they will answer so know everyone has a chance to ring them and talk to them direct.

Hello there. I'm not sure why you'd want to speak to them? but thank you for the information.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum