Find out here if your local court is staying claims

ICY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BODMIN COUNTY COURT

Had a hearing date for 10th September. I applied to the court last week to refuse a stay if asked for. I have had no reply. My court bundle has to be in by 24th August, I just rang the court The girl who spoke to me said that every case in the country was being stayed, I said that in many courts the cases were still being heard. She said that they had been instructed by the senior judge of Devon and Cornwall to stay every case, so it seems that Bodmin, Truro, Plymouth Exeter Torbay and Barnstaple are not hearing cases.

She acknowledged that my application had been received by the judge but but did not know whether he had made a decision.

Problem now is do I waste time and money getting the court bundle in by 24th or not, if I dont will I be penalised for not getting in on time.

ello this is my first post so please be easy with me question......

i have claimed my charges back from the Halifax some time ago then started claiming back for my otherhalf. now the halifax took some time in returning the information (56 days) and we couldn't total the full 6 years only taking to court for 2 of the 6 years which we got as the normal "good will" we now got the information and want to claim back for the last 3 years left. now i know the bank can apply for a stay what i want to know is Leeds county court aplying the stays or not and if they do how do i appeal it?

Just to add Greenock Sheriff Court is business as usual. The lady who i spoke to today was positivley encouraging me to file. The banks have not defended in this court yet. It would be a change to court life if once in a while it wasn't a murderer, drug dealer or thief that took up their time in this wild west town...:rolleyes:

Evesham County Court - my hearing went ahead as normal on 13th Aug, bank had applied for a stay but then we settled the day before, judge said he would have considered the stay at the hearing but was glad I turned up all the same to let him know what was going on. I know there were 3 other bank cases on the same day.

Interesting development, I phoned Maidstone Combined County Court as I had not received any confirmation of the blanket stays which were apparently being put into place. The court clerk advised that this was the original plan (to make blanket stays) but "the situation is currently being reviewed as it seems that the District Judge is having second thoughts "

I also received the Halifax's response this morning (sent from Optima)

Great news

Milton Keynes have decided to Stay all cases but you can appeal if you have a spare £65 - apparently you won't win though!! or if you'd prefer to waste a futher £35 you can ask to be transfered to another court - but chances are you won't win that either! so well done HSBC thats me screwed!!!!:shock:

Stafford Court stayed all cases today. The DDJ liked the " Objection for a stay" letter but didn't feel that it was a strong enough arguement. Did make the lawyer twitch a bit though.

oh well, onwards and upwards

I have received notification today from Bow County Court that they have stayed our claim

HFC Bank - First letter claiming £196/LBA sent/£75 offered/rejected/Claim filed

HFC Bank Take 2 - Statements received

A & L - Prelim sent/LBA sent

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Abbey (for my Sister) - ***Won***

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

HSBC - (for my brother-in-law) ***Won*** 8-)

Huddersfield county Court today stayed claim for credit card charges with Barclaycard till feb 2008

< < < < If I can help I will and if I have helped please tip my scales. :|

Please keep this site alive by downloading the great new CAG toolbar - keeps all your subscribed threads in one easy to use place. http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/cag_plugin.php Use the search facility regularly and CAG generates much needed money!

List updated

For what reason, was it to allow settlement or due to the OFT announcement, if it is the latter then you need to apply to have it set aside as the OFT case is not about credit card claims

Barclaycard have got a stay on my claim, due to the OFT action.

Ive been told to write to court if i do not agree with it.

[COLOR=#2e8b57][B][SIZE=1][U]Claimed & won so far[/U]:-[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen][U]Banks[/U]:- NatWest Personal £1000, Natwest Business £2000, Lloyds TSB Personal £1500, [U]Mortgages[/U]:-Central Capital (PPI) £500, Natwest MEAF £140 [/COLOR][COLOR=#2e8b57][U]Credit cards[/U]:- HSBC Gold card £365, Capital One £599.55 Barclaycard £1070 ( i only aske for £700) , Lloyds £500 [U]Catalogues[/U]:- Littlewoods Direct Flex Account £60 :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][B][U]For Friends[/U][/B]:- Natwest £1500, £1800 & £500, Cap One £600, Barclaycard £400, Solutions £100, Aqua, £105.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][B][U][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Pending:-[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR=seagreen][SIZE=1]Barclays Bank Personal (On hold - Thanks a lot OFT) :mad:.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]

If those courts Staying claims en mass should find that everyone is applying to have it set aside :evil: then their attempts to frustrate consumers & reduce the burden on their courts will be to no avail:-D & after a while they may decide it's just as cost effective to agree to hear cases

Moral of the story - no matter what apply for a set-aside of the Stay;) thereby maintaining the pressure

A friend whom I am helping with his charges has received notice from Worcester County Court today.

The court is staying his case awaiting the outcome of the test case (no definition - poor form) [Edit: this is the court staying case with no application from either party].

We'd had notice from the bank they were going to apply for a stay. We checked with the court Friday and Monday and were assured the case wasn't being stayed, the court had received nothing from the bank and they would only be able to apply (due to the short timescale) at the hearing. The notice is dated Monday. Needless to he's miffed - he'd had a hearing due tomorrow, and we'd both booked time off for it (he's not the most eloquent and clear when putting his point across).

If anyone else has had the same notice would be good to know - it was District Judge Parry (just wondering in case he'd reviewed a bulk of cases)

We're going to appeal and will keep you posted. We'll also include the proposal for directions to see if it helps.

I presume this is the same for the rest of Worcester. Sad news but the fight's on.

Mal

My case vs HSBC was stayed in Nottingham County Court today. Before I saw the Judge, I overheard the Usher telling someone that all cases are being stayed. The Judge told me that they were seeing both parties on a case by case basis to tell them personally that the case was being stayed. He did not care that HSBC had not folllowed directions by not sending me their court bundle. He also gave me a ready prepared Q & A sheet about the OFT announcement and a copy of the agreement that the OFt and the banks had made. What surprised me was that he gave a veiled warning about websites that would advise me to get the stay lifted, and that they didn't know what they were talking about. Needless to say, HSBC solicitor went away looking very smug.

Crystaltipps. A pointless waste of everyone's time conducting hearings when cases were going to be stayed anyway. Probably for judges benefit - so he'd feel he was providing some sort of service.

Also pointless giving out info about the OFT case - did he think you didn't know about it?

May not be worth you applying to have the stay lifted unless you can be sure a different judge will deal with it. On the other hand, JonCris may have a point:

If those courts Staying claims en mass should find that everyone is applying to have it set aside then their attempts to frustrate consumers & reduce the burden on their courts will be to no avail & after a while they may decide it's just as cost effective to agree to hear cases

Moral of the story - no matter what apply for a set-aside of the Stay thereby maintaining the pressure

:rolleyes:

rmason00

Leicester county court when i phoned them 2 days ago it was buisness as usual if you have a date your case is going ahead. A&L did not comply with DJ's instructions so applied for judgement by default, when I rang to get an update I was told that it will be approx 3 weeks before I hear anything they are that far behind in their work.

Worcestershire County Court

Unfortunately, despite telling me right up to yesterday that the hearing was going ahead, I have received a letter from the court TODAY, the actual day of the hearing saying they have upheld the bank's request for the stay. Barclays only requested the stay yesterday, by FAX!! A legal rep from Barclays rang me yesterday to tell me they were doing this.

I'm GUTTED