• Tweets

• I've completed a draft copy to defend and will post up here for review.  Looking over the dates and payments this all stemmed from DVLA cancelling in Feb , whereby I set up a new DD in Feb hence the overlap, why they cancelled when I paid originally in Jan I have no idea. Anyway now stuck with pending court action and a suspended licence . I am also firing off a letter to DVLa recorded disputing the licence revoke
    • Thank you both for your expert knowledge and understanding. You're fighting the good fight by standing up for people like me and others with limited knowledge of this stuff. I thank you. I know all my DVLA details are good. I recently (last year) renewed my license, and my car's V5 is current with the correct details; the same is valid for my partner. I'll continue to ignore the love letters 😂 and won't let it bother either me or my partner.  I'll revisit this post if/when I get a letter of claim.  F**k ém.
    • Please check back later on today for a fuller response and some edits
    • Good morning all, No further communication with P2G so now submitting my small claims action. Would be grateful for any feedback on my description of claim before I submit later. The defendant in this case is Parcel2Go Limited The claimant sent a parcel using Parcel2Go Ltd as a broker and Evri as the shipper containing two handmade bespoke wedding trays to a customer with tracking number P2Gxxxxxxxx. The parcel was never delivered although the defendant stated that three attempts had been made to deliver the parcel.  The claimants customer waited in for four days to receive the delivery but no delivery was attempted. There was no communication with the claimants customer.  Despite many web chats and emails the parcel was not delivered and on the Parcel2Go website it stated that the customer had refused delivery. This was not true as no delivery had been attempted.  I was informed that the parcel was being returned to me but after waiting three weeks was informed by Evri that the parcel was lost. I was offered compensation of £20 + shipping fee which I refused and after sending Parcel2Go a Letter of claim this was increased to £75 which I also refused. It is clear that the defendant is responsible for the loss of the parcel as they did not act with reasonable care and skill when handling the claimants parcel, contrary to section 49 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015. The claimant therefore seeks £370 in respect to the value of goods plus court costs. I thought it might be better to use the CRA rather than the Supply of Goods and Services Act as we are sole traders - is this correct?
    • No new development, I'm afraid. The last update I received was a letter from the court, advising that the case had been transferred to Croydon County Court.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

scan0001-2.jpg

Right, I sat up last night going over all the figures and I've worked out that the interest includes the Acceptance Fee.

The total charge for credit is £680.05

Interest Charge: £605.05

Acceptance Fee: £75

Looking at the original agreement, you'd think it was legit, however, the Statement of Price says otherwise. It shows I'm paying £1.67 over 60 months, totalling £100.20. I don't know what interest rate that's based on as it's not the 14.80% I should be on. Forgetting that for the moment, that is an extra £25.20.

Now the interest on the remaining amount. £38.55 x 60 = 2313 - 1732.92 (the amount of credit) = 580.08 + 25.20 gives a final amount of £605.28, just 23p above the interest on the Credit Agreement.

How sneaky can they be??? Any advice on this would be helpful as I intend on taking this to the FOS and the FSA now.

More suspensions announced today and an admission of a huge loss see Cattles' share price drop to 2.10p now. Just constantly bad news for them

Edited by Sol

More suspensions announced today and an admission of a huge loss see Cattles' share price drop to 2.10p now. Just constantly bad news for them

Cattles suspends three more directors in probe - Times Online

Can someone explain what the 'banking convenants' are? For those of us who really want to get the stock market, but just can't?

fix (vb.):

1. to paper over, obscure, hide from public view;

2. to work around, in a way that produces unintended consequences that are worse than the original problem.

Usage: "Vista fixes many of the shortcomings of Windows XP".

Here we go!

What are banking covenants?

The conditions imposed by banks when they lend large sums of money. Just as a building society might insist you have gainful employment before it renews your mortgage, so big City institutions want to ensure firms have the financial wherewithal to service and repay their debts.

And if they are broken? Banks can ask for their money back, or demand penalty interest payments. Breaching financial covenants is serious stuff and a sign a company is in deep financial trouble.

I think in Cattles case, they did not disclose the impairment numbers correctly and released incorrect figures, so basically lying about how much they have coming in every month and how much they have to write off - the impairment. So basically they wont have enough to cover the debts, so lenders will not extend the terms of the loan and demand payment back in the form of equity in the company if they dont have the cash or cant raise it.

Stewie:roll:

Edited by 082stewie
added a bit more

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

well done soll

maths not my thing

first of all, send a letter to welcome compliance

tell them you consider the agreement crap and you want a final decision on the matter before you take it to the fos

send recorded

now i know why welcome agreements give me a head ache

Right, I sat up last night going over all the figures and I've worked out that the interest includes the Acceptance Fee.

The total charge for credit is £680.05

Interest Charge: £605.05

Acceptance Fee: £75

Looking at the original agreement, you'd think it was legit, however, the Statement of Price says otherwise. It shows I'm paying £1.67 over 60 months, totalling £100.20. I don't know what interest rate that's based on as it's not the 14.80% I should be on. Forgetting that for the moment, that is an extra £25.20.

Now the interest on the remaining amount. £38.55 x 60 = 2313 - 1732.92 (the amount of credit) = 580.08 + 25.20 gives a final amount of £605.28, just 23p above the interest on the Credit Agreement.

How sneaky can they be??? Any advice on this would be helpful as I intend on taking this to the FOS and the FSA now.

Sol - this is exactly the same as mine - I've stopped paying them and stuck a claim in for it now.

Thanks Post

I've already sent a letter, so I'm just waiting to hear back now. I'm the same as you though, as I don't know how they worked out the interest on the Acceptance Fee.

I don't think Compliance will be happy though, as I called them liars LOL.

ahh myself and a compliance officer are on first name terms now the amount of conversations we have had in the past....funny he hasn't called me in a few weeks but hey he's probably reading it all on here and therefore knows he can't B/S me anymore cos I'm learning and coming after them :D

Is your Fee £100.20 as well Andie? I wonder if they charge a separate interest rate on the Fee, which is the same for all customers. If so, they haven't advised us! I think EVERYONE should check this out and reclaim.

you have to wait for the final response

the fos will just throw it back at you otherwise

give them enough rope to hang them selves

I've already spoke to FOS and they say at the moment not a day goes by they are not hearing about Welcome (huh funny that) and they are sick to death of Welcome not responding to people - they've already given me a case number cos they anticipate no response and that as soon as that clock hits 8 weeks I just ring them up and get the wheels in motion.

Thanks Post I'll wait for a reply and see what crap they come back with, if they even reply!

One of the suspensions was the Compliance Manager, I wonder if it's to do with a mass of unenforceable agreements?

Hi all. Sol, you asked a perfectly legit question and they lied to you in writing....they are dirty to the core and it is all coming out now. On my statement of price they charged 3% per month and paying back about £130 on the acceptance fee.

Wait till the taxman has a look at some of the figures ;)

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Is your Fee £100.20 as well Andie? I wonder if they charge a separate interest rate on the Fee, which is the same for all customers. If so, they haven't advised us! I think EVERYONE should check this out and reclaim.

No mine was £75 agreement but 36 months x £3.80 = £136.80

Hi all. Sol, you asked a perfectly legit question and they lied to you in writing....they are dirty to the core and it is all coming out now. On my statement of price they charged 3% per month and paying back about £130 on the acceptance fee.

Wait till the taxman has a look at some of the figures ;)

Dipply got an acknowledgement from IPT and said they would contact me further shortly :)

Well it's rumoured on iii that Cattles have lost in the region of 200 mil :o. Bad management right from the very top and all the way down to the branches. They're meant to be releasing their results officially on Fri 13th LOL

No mine was £75 agreement but 36 months x £3.80 = £136.80

So it's definitely based on the interest rate then. My original agreement was a lot higher, but guess what, I didn't receive that in my SAR! I mentioned that they didn't send a complete SAR as well

Ha ha at least you got one - been 6 months and still waiting on mine LMAO - I don't need mine now though already got enough to do them over 6 or 7 times - Welcome beware do not p**s off a woman - they do not let stuff go!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks