Civil Enforcement Ltd (again!)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sounds like demanding money with menaces or black mail. Take the letter to you local police station.

Who unfortunately will say that it is a civil matter then send you on your way.

Rstainthorpe - do they say 'will' or more likely 'may'? Fact is that you have received an invoice, not a legal fine or penalty. To get anywhere near a bailiff's visit they will have to:-

1. Issue a County Court claim (they won't)

2. Win the case (they won't)

3. Not receive payment of the Court Judgement (go back to Point 1)

You could write to them and argue, but this will mark you out as a player, so your best offer is to tough it out. You will get reminder letters, probably increasing the amount 'due', and containing more threats of Court action. The next stage will be letters from debt collectors making the same threats (just remember they can't blacklist you, or do any more than threaten), then they will probably offer you a discounted rate to settle before they are 'forced to take legal action'. Finally when they realise that it is actually costing them more than anything they could hop eto recover, they will disappear.

If at any time you need reassurance or help with something you are worried about, simply post back here.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I too have recieved a letter from them. However they say that a bailiff will come to my property for the monies.

:lol::lol::lol:

Will this happen or will they have to take me to court first?

No and yes.

I also do not want a CCJ issued against my name.

What are the legal technicalities of all of this?

You wont get a ccj against your name, it is all part of the bluff to frighten you into paying, don't fall for it.

I am totally disgusted that they do this, i am a single mother that was 11 minutes over the qualified time, and now they demand £120. I do not want to pay.

Simple, then don't.

Please advise.

OK, ignore all the free toilet paper the ppc will send you.

Thank you

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Having now read a great deal on this subject (thanks to sites like this) I feel so much more informed.

I am very aware of the tactic to ignore and not be seen as a 'player' ie someone who is prepared to engage and communicate, someone who is maybe worried, someone who is concerned - more importantly someone who is a potentially vulnerable and therefore a victim. I understand this, however there is a also a large school of thought out there which says do this but - and here is the point for discussion, send a first and only letter to them first setting out your store and position. This being an insurance policy which in the highly unlikely event of court proceedings will be looked on favourably by a magistrate.

Back to the floor - would appreciate the Experts Views. Thanks

time and time again it has been proved that simply ignoring them works, why on earth would you even concider entering into dialogue with them. Would you reply to the many [problem] emails you get asking for your bank details so that they could send you £50,000 ??

The IGNORE route works the best , this is what the PPCs hate the most , this is why you get the PPC trolls on these forums telling you to appeal or pay up and appeal!

This is what the PPC would do to you if you sent in an appeal, all they are after is your money!

Edited by SURFBOY

hello all:-)

??????????

This being an insurance policy which in the highly unlikely event of court proceedings will be looked on favourably by a magistrate.

first what insurance and why would a Magistrate be looking @ it

if and when it actually went to court its a COUNTY COURT NOT A CRIMINAL ONE

. This being an insurance policy which in the highly unlikely event of court proceedings will be looked on favourably by a magistrate.

You are not required to respond to [problem] mail, and it would make no difference to a DJ if you did or not.

regards

Yes - sorry County Court.

So advice is not even one opening (back-off letter) simply silence?

A 'back-off' letter to you and me means exactly that, to a [EDIT] it's the biggest come on ever. You have confirmed your name and address and shown you might be pushed into paying if the threats get hard enough.

The amount of attempted extortion is well out of hand. Should we all boycott all retailers where these cowboys operate the car parks and all spread the word to, say, 10 others? That would be a big loss of trade and might apply minds when renewal of contracts is considered.

Yes I agree, highlighting to businesses Sharks that operate car parks that they rely on for their income is a good lobbying tactic and one which could yield a new type of pressure. Let's do it.

Still waiting to hear from someone who has been through the letters and threats and come out of the other side with a smile.

The amount of attempted extortion is well out of hand. Should we all boycott all retailers where these cowboys operate the car parks and all spread the word to, say, 10 others? That would be a big loss of trade and might apply minds when renewal of contracts is considered.

Yes I agree, highlighting to businesses Sharks that operate car parks that they rely on for their income is a good lobbying tactic and one which could yield a new type of pressure. Let's do it.

Still waiting to hear from someone who has been through the letters and threats and come out of the other side with a smile.

Unfortunately that is something that will never work in the UK. We seem to be a nation of whingers and do nothing. It was tried with petrol but motorists couldn't even be bothered to drive a few extra yards to boycott a certain filling station.

Boycotting and more publicity seem to be the only way we can help prevent others getting conned; I expect the majority of people just pay up but we are talking (even at the reduced early payment rate) of half a pensioners weekly pension, which is appalling for an, often inadvertent, infringement of possibly only a few minutes!

I am happy to ignore the notice that we received today. My only worry is, the notice was issued against the company vehicle. So the notice was passed on by the finance department who have asked us to deal with it. Which is fine, but if i ignore it then they will just keep writing to head office. Who may decide to pay it and take it out of my husbands wages.

So, as much as i dont want to it sounds like i might have to write to them once, so that they write to us here rather than head office. Then i can ignore them. What do you think?

Boycotting and more publicity seem to be the only way we can help prevent others getting conned; I expect the majority of people just pay up but we are talking (even at the reduced early payment rate) of half a pensioners weekly pension, which is appalling for an, often inadvertent, infringement of possibly only a few minutes!

There is an advert running at the moment for one of these comparison sites and it sums up the UK to a tee.

There is a girl on the phone agreeing to her car insurance quote and saying "I suppose I will have to pay it", but the phone is taking from her by some guy who says down the phone, "It's a hatchback not a limosine, you've got to be having a laugh".

The Uk people never puts up a fight, we just tend to lay back and accept it, and that is true in all walks of life.

We need a 'union' of the people to stop us being continually walked over.

Well i got a response back from these F****** jokers!

They sent me a 'Cessation of Correspondance' basically meaning they are not going to be writing to me, rergarding this matter anymore...pay or else!!!

They put at the end of the letter..they will pass this over to a debt collector!!!

Whats now guys?

They put at the end of the letter..they will pass this over to a debt collector!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

Ahhhhhhhhh, not debt collectors? You mean people with absolutely no powers to do anything but send out silly letters some even in scary red ink?

Better pay up quick:grin:

regards

Hi. I have read through a lot of the posts but not all due to time constraints and the slowness of my computer, so hope I will be forgiven if the answer to my question is here somewhere. I have been sent the usual outrageous demand by CEL (parking in Budgens free car park for half and hour to take my elderly father in law shopping - they say I was in the access road - they cannot possibly have the evidence of this that they say they do as I was wholly within the carpark.) My question is simply has anyone ever, whether they wrote back to dispute or simply ignored all correspondence, been summonsed to court or had a debt collector turn up on the doorstep? I live with a learning disabled brother who is very suggestible and I am worried that if I just let things take their course that he will let someone in. (He has form for this as I once came home to find an enormous hole in the front garden dug up by BT with his "permission.) Many thanks for any help.

Regards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks