Civil Enforcement Ltd (again!)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4748 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

quote > More money out my pocket(postage 39p) i mean...want to see the answers to my questions and take it from there!

the only answer they know and they will send you is "APPEAL REFUSED"

DONT even waste the 39p

as far as they are concerned when you reply your hooked, and they will keep writing

if you dont reply, their problem is they dont know who or what you are, and if you know your legal rights, by replying it tells them yuo dont know your actual legal rights

why the IGNORE is always the best route

HOWEVER that is ony for PPC tickets NOT COUNCIL / POLICE ones

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and comply with the relevant UK regulations and they advise any motorist who has breached the restrictions to pay within the 14 days to avoid paying the full amount of £150.00."

They obviously think the BPA code of conduct is regulations... and not just made up by the [problematic] themselves as a price fixing agreement.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

I notice on the Parking Contravention Notice that there is no Company Registration or VAT details

If the notice is in fact an invoice - these must be shown

therefore, as i understand it, they are not legal.

Would someone with a bettter legal knowledge like to confirm

its a [problem] invoice, of course they are wrong , all part of the [problem]

if they said it was an INVOICE and presented in a form of an INVOICE a lot more people would not pay it

they want you to think its a REAL PCN by making it look as close to a real one , Council real ones dont show Co reg or VAT number

thats the [problem] you think its real and pay it , then have a fight to hell and back to get your money back

as long as the do not use the words "FINE" or "PENALTY" on it, which would be unlawfull, and they would be screwed if they did , a few PPC's have included the words and came unstuck

as long as the do not use the words "FINE" or "PENALTY" on it, which would be unlawfull, and they would be screwed if they did , a few PPC's have included the words and came unstuck

Quite a few PPCs have the word "fine" on their websites. Over the last week or so I have emailed four of these companies asking them what particular statute law covers parking on private land. Up to now not one of the companies have replied to my query. There's a surprise!

Quite a few PPCs have the word "fine" on their websites. Over the last week or so I have emailed four of these companies asking them what particular statute law covers parking on private land. Up to now not one of the companies have replied to my query. There's a surprise!

Chaps :) may I suggest we stop marking the cards of these firms. By telling them what they are doing wrong we are allowing them time to correct their mistakes before victims can use them to good affect :D

if you want fun when they send these 'notices' write back a simple letter. "Dear xxxxx. Re Notice Number aa12345. Please send an invoice to enable payment to be made. Yours. R. Keeper". That should stop them in their tracks re court papers and increasing charges and may well give you a VAT free invoice. Chances of getting a proper invoice are zero for all kinds of reasons.

Hi

Just spent a couple of hours reading all of the stories about CEL and the burning question is exactly this - how many people are there out there involve with this Blog who have shaken CEL off?

This morning I too received a PC from CEL and like many others thought I was in a Council Parking Area. I was displaying a valid ticket but was stupidly in the wrong part of the car park ie in the private Starpark bit. My PC shows the period of contravention as 11 minutes, and the amount requested for this pleasure £150 (option to reduce to £75 if paid in 14 days). They have signs in place but I guess most people assume they are part and parcel of the council part of the car park. If they really wanted to stop people they would make it really clear this was Private Land and shoout it not whisper it.

I have spoken to a Lawyer who suggested sending a cheque but stating that if they cash it I would take out an action against them in the small claims court! They aslo told me categorically that ignoring could result quite easily in a black mark on my Credit Rating. So not sure given the conflictiong advice fron numerous sources. Are the people giving very clear and specific advice on this Forum qualified? Sorry to ask.

Look forward to any replies and Kiptower.

Best

Trust

ok first

1) also told me categorically that ignoring could result quite easily in a black mark on my Credit Rating.

NO THEY CANT , unless in the 1 million to 1 chance they took you to court, and they actually won the case , and then you didnt pay within 28 days ( i hope you laywer friend didnt give that advice )

2) its a [problem] and always will be , they rely on the scare factor and stupid threats they make in about 4 - 6 letters they will send, from each desk along , sounding more serious each time

3) they will play on words such as it may, it could , it may result in heaven and hell coming down on you

rules with these [problematic] are simple

1) IGNORE

2) IGNORE SOME MORE

3) GO TO 1

Thanks for your comments.

This site is about giving people the confidence and strength to take these SHARKS on. Thank You.

Is your advice built on personal experiences and or plus Legal background.

Thanks again.

It is on both

knowlege of what the actual Law is , and knowing how the [problem] works

And as many advise its giving you the real side of what they do and how the [problem] actually works

1 thing to remember they can only claim their loss not the stupid PENALTY they claim it is, they CANNOT issue a penalty or a fine

They use the play on the term PCN where a real one stands for PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE, BUT to cover themselves ( because they cannot issue one ) they refer to it as a PARKING CHARGE NOTICE, to circumvent the LAW

What they actually issue is an INVOICE claiming you broke their T&C, there lays their problem proving you entered into a contract with them and agreeing to its conditions, BUT still all they can claim their true losses, e.g, £1 an hour etc of what the payment would have been for parking, and in the case of a free car park there is no loss, even if they did prove the contract did exist

Well since my last post on 14th march, i received a letter back from these F&^&*** and they did not answer any of my questions all they said was we regreet to advise, blah blah blah, a stupid templated letter!:mad:

They put a the end that they will extend for another 7days (like they doing me a flipping favour):confused:

Sometimes its hard not to get angry:mad:...i am sticking to my guns and not going to pay, but when u send a spercific letter, and they dont answer your sperfic questions, just fob you off with a crappy templated letter its hard not to abuse them!!:mad:

Oh in the last letter they said i would get a RED letter to demand payment for £150 now, but to ignore it as the rate will stay as £75 as we are writing back and forth.

I am debating whether to do another letter demanding to know the answers to my questions...if they keep on ignoring the subject at hand, i will keep on sending the same duplicate letter until they do!!!

Lastly went back to The Hubb where i parked and took pics and like i explained in the letter, non of the street lights work where the signs were stuck to, so how are we supposed to read it in poor conditions?

I have spoken to a Lawyer who suggested sending a cheque but stating that if they cash it I would take out an action against them in the small claims court!

:eek:A lawyer told you this? Please post their details so everyone knows to avoid them for ever.

They aslo told me categorically that ignoring could result quite easily in a black mark on my Credit Rating.

:eek:The same lawyer told you this? Sounds like you were talking to the PPC lawyer.

So not sure given the conflictiong advice fron numerous sources. Are the people giving very clear and specific advice on this Forum qualified? Sorry to ask.

Have to say after the advice given by your lawyer, my cat is more qualified to give advice, and cheaper.

Look forward to any replies and Kiptower.

Best

Trust

The advice to ignore completely has been shown to work countless times, ignore your lawyer he/she is talking through their @rse.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Well since my last post on 14th march, i received a letter back from these F&^&*** and they did not answer any of my questions all they said was we regreet to advise, blah blah blah, a stupid templated letter!:mad:

They put a the end that they will extend for another 7days (like they doing me a flipping favour):confused:

Sometimes its hard not to get angry:mad:...i am sticking to my guns and not going to pay, but when u send a spercific letter, and they dont answer your sperfic questions, just fob you off with a crappy templated letter its hard not to abuse them!!:mad:

Oh in the last letter they said i would get a RED letter to demand payment for £150 now, but to ignore it as the rate will stay as £75 as we are writing back and forth.

I am debating whether to do another letter demanding to know the answers to my questions...if they keep on ignoring the subject at hand, i will keep on sending the same duplicate letter until they do!!!

Lastly went back to The Hubb where i parked and took pics and like i explained in the letter, non of the street lights work where the signs were stuck to, so how are we supposed to read it in poor conditions?

They will never answer your questions. They rely solely on fear and ignorance. You know that you have right on your side so stop wasting time and stamps on them. Their claim is based solely on civil contract law whereby they have to prove that you saw the signs, read and understood all of the terms and accepted those terms. They cannot prove this so will not enter discussion about it for fear of jeopardising thousands of other cases where the victim pays up without question - word gets around. For the same reason they will not take you to court for a defended case and publicised victory could remove their entire business model. They won't risk that over one ticket so will eventually give up once it starts costing them money - already they have paid a DVLA fee to get your details, and once their letters go unanswered they will close the file and move onto someone more likely to pay up.

• Haha 1

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Hi

Just spent a couple of hours reading all of the stories about CEL and the burning question is exactly this - how many people are there out there involve with this Blog who have shaken CEL off?

More to the point - how many have posted back to say that CEL have taken the Court action which they threaten? Almost 1300 posts and not one that I can see

This morning I too received a PC from CEL and like many others thought I was in a Council Parking Area. I was displaying a valid ticket but was stupidly in the wrong part of the car park ie in the private Starpark bit. My PC shows the period of contravention as 11 minutes, and the amount requested for this pleasure £150 (option to reduce to £75 if paid in 14 days). They have signs in place but I guess most people assume they are part and parcel of the council part of the car park. If they really wanted to stop people they would make it really clear this was Private Land and shoout it not whisper it.

Why would they want to risk their source of income?

I have spoken to a Lawyer who suggested sending a cheque but stating that if they cash it I would take out an action against them in the small claims court! They aslo told me categorically that ignoring could result quite easily in a black mark on my Credit Rating.

This is absolutely unbelievable! You send them a cheque and they will cash it, simple as. What action would you take in the SCC having accepted their demand for money? They are claiming that you parked in acceptance of their terms. Did you see the signs, read them and accept that it might cost you £150? No? Well don't pay them then. Sending them money under any circumstances would be seen as an admission of their claim. This lawyer needs to do a little more reading!

You cannot have any mark of any colour left on your credit rating unless they a) Take you to Court (they won't) b) You then fail to pay whatever the Judge awards (see point a).

So not sure given the conflictiong advice fron numerous sources. Are the people giving very clear and specific advice on this Forum qualified? Sorry to ask.

There are some very well qualified people on this forum. There are also many hundreds who have discovered here how the PPC [problem] works and who would otherwise have paid an extortionate amount of money believing that they had to, but are now happy to share what they have learned. The law is clear and you do not neccessarily have to be a lawyer to understand it!

• Haha 1

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I too have recieved a letter from them. However they say that a bailiff will come to my property for the monies. Will this happen or will they have to take me to court first? I also do not want a CCJ issued against my name.

What are the legal technicalities of all of this?

I am totally disgusted that they do this, i am a single mother that was 11 minutes over the qualified time, and now they demand £120. I do not want to pay.

Please advise.

Thank you

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4748 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks