Civil Enforcement Ltd (again!)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4746 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well went to CAB got some advise....gona carrying on ignoring! until the next letter, crap myself, then come on here, then ignore again...lol!

Ahhh the joys...but na seriously, im going to ignore and stop playing there stupid games!

Thanks guys

As has been stated previously, you have nothing to worry to concern yourself about.

1). It's only money, I know you're on a limited budget and things like this hanging over you is a worry but it's not going to do your health any good, you have to treat their persistance as being frustration, it is you who are frustrating them.

2) If you pay, you only encourage these people.

3) They can do nothing unless they obtain a County Court Judgement, there's two ways they can obtain one, by default or a defended claim. By default means that they the case was not defended or the claimant did not comply with an order of the Court (unless order, allocation questionnaire etc) and the claimant then obtained Judgement by default; the second defended decision will mean that two parties have gone to Court and the Judge has found in favour of the Claimant thus the Judgement.

4) As stated before, debt collectors have no powers at all, you can ask them to leave at any time and for them to not comply, is trespass, if they state that that they are collecting in an authorised capacity then they commit a criminal offence and so you call the Police.

5) Ignore and file everything away, only begin to even concern yourself when you get one of these and this document tells you how you should respond. Often the PPC will send a claim form without a Court stamp in the top right hand corner in order to further cause distress. If you get a stamped claim form, DO NOT panic, come back on here and you will be helped.

6) Enjoy your life and worry not.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Debt collectors are not to be confused with bailiffs, who have real power. A debt collector has no more power or authority than my cat, there only involvement is to try and frighten people into paying with silly threatening letters.

regards

Not quite right the cat has more power it is allowed in my house.

dpick

johno1066 cliked on the link these and filled in the form.my misses nearly had kittens when she seen the 6 grand plus that c t scumbags wanted of me.

if you have had a parking begging sticker stuck to your car then this is a must to wind up your better half.click on these then fill in, print off, and try and keep a stright face.

You have broken no laws Bardan, just do as has been proved the correct action over time and even what the lawyers are saying. Have a look at this lawyer on Watchdog a couple of weeks ago:

Thank you - someone did mention this but I couldn't find it on the watchdog site - many thanks

Hi

I recently applied 4 a new tax disc online and did not receive it. I thought it may have got sent to my old address. The new tenant informed me that it hadnt but there was a letter for a registered fixed penalty ticketfor which i hadnt received a ticket.

I moved house last year and changed my address with the DVLA and received my license back but not my log book. I only noticed this when my tax disc did not arrive.

I spoke 2 the DVLA regarding my tax which has been sorted but nothing mentioned of the parking ticket and to be honest i dont want to ask. As i did send the registered keeper form back with my change of address and didnt notice it hadnt been returned, Is this my fault?

I also dont want to contact the baliffs i received a letter from as according to the letter i received i now owe a parking ticket outstanding fine : £45 and enforcement costs £65 and I quote ' we are instructed by the director of her majesty's courts service to enforce a distress warrant which has been issued in repect of the unpaid fine' does this mean they've already gone to court? If i wanted to avoid this i should have paid within 7 days (i received this letter 2 days ago and its dated from 2 months ago.) if not and an officer has to attend the sum of an extra £170 is to be added to my fine.

Can anyone help on where I stand before I reply to any of them?

Thanks

Hi

I recently applied 4 a new tax disc online and did not receive it. I thought it may have got sent to my old address. The new tenant informed me that it hadnt but there was a letter for a registered fixed penalty ticketfor which i hadnt received a ticket.

I moved house last year and changed my address with the DVLA and received my license back but not my log book. I only noticed this when my tax disc did not arrive.

I spoke 2 the DVLA regarding my tax which has been sorted but nothing mentioned of the parking ticket and to be honest i dont want to ask. As i did send the registered keeper form back with my change of address and didnt notice it hadnt been returned, Is this my fault?

I also dont want to contact the baliffs i received a letter from as according to the letter i received i now owe a parking ticket outstanding fine : £45 and enforcement costs £65 and I quote ' we are instructed by the director of her majesty's courts service to enforce a distress warrant which has been issued in repect of the unpaid fine' does this mean they've already gone to court? If i wanted to avoid this i should have paid within 7 days (i received this letter 2 days ago and its dated from 2 months ago.) if not and an officer has to attend the sum of an extra £170 is to be added to my fine.

Can anyone help on where I stand before I reply to any of them?

Thanks

You need to start your own thread as your case is nothing to do with this private parking company.

The template letters are in the stickies , first one. I think you are best extracting. id points you need and writing your own so it looks personal. Points such as. Not the driver so no contract, unfair contract terms section 5 subsection 1, 2 and 3. DO not recognise their appeal service as it is In house and biased. Court is your option so IN for it or cease and desist. Use whatever applies to you. If they continue to harass them you will know that they .ill never IN to court and the pressure is off you.

Hi Dublindel....

How do i find the termplate letter?

Still havent heard anything back from the newlyn, all they send is Letter of receipt letter....

Hi,

I'm in the same situation as you and have had the full range of letters from CEL/Newlyn/etc..

I wouldn't bother with contacting these firms - they don't listen to reason!!!

JRichards stand firm, don't do anything, file those letters away under the stairs, line your drawers with them, put them under the cat litter, anything but write back to this faceless, unaccountable and unethical company/companies. They will eventually leave you alone.:)

Yes! That advice is good if it suits you. If you are happy to ignore then do that, just expect as stated, lots of harassment. Or try and kill it off with one letter, its up to you. I have dealt with a dozen ppc charges and only harassed on the first as I cease and desisted the others. Must say. Though. That the silence is getting boring and might change tactics and start playing letter tennis with them as I enjoy getting under their skin. Either way, never pay. Never.

I'm getting upset that I haven't heard anything for over a month now. CP Plus mustn't love me anymore. I might just have to go and park on a service station for a couple of hours so that they get in touch again.

Yes! That advice is good if it suits you. If you are happy to ignore then do that, just expect as stated, lots of harassment. Or try and kill it off with one letter, its up to you. I have dealt with a dozen ppc charges and only harassed on the first as I cease and desisted the others. Must say. Though. That the silence is getting boring and might change tactics and start playing letter tennis with them as I enjoy getting under their skin. Either way, never pay. Never.

Reading between the lines, I guess that you have a different sort of personality to jrichards.

If you tend to worry about this sort of thing then we should all encourage each other to 'stonewall' (do nothing).

If you don't mind a fight, go for it at your own risk but don't drag less aggressive people into it.:cool:

the best thing to do with these morons is to compleatly ignore,all they can do is send out silly letters that make you think that you have broken a parking law.

the truth is you have done nothing wrong at all,all you have to do is ride out the time it takes to get to the end then thats it,if you think that you are going to give in the just come on here and read about all the different parking co's and how other people are handling their tickets,that will always make you feel better and stronger.

just remember they are only trying to make money out of sombody elses misery.

Hi All,

I've just had a letter through from Newlyn PLC, am I right in thinking that i should ignore them? The amount they are demanding has increased from £60 to £120 and we're currently at £208, are they having a laugh?!!

Also, bit of info which I found quite funny, in my digging I discovered that they (Newlyn) have just had a recent CCJ against them! And are a credit risk! Hypocrites!!

Hi there,

I was over from Germany and went shopping to the Rivergate centre in Irvine. We drove onto the parking and then entered the mall over a side door (Primark). From the car to the door, there was no notice saying we are only allowed to park for the maximum of three hours, nor that it may be possible to pay for extra time whilst shopping. (I found out that this is possible) So we stayed longer and spent a few hundred pounds in the mall. We went there with a hired car with Europcar written on it.

Yesterday I received a letter from the car hire company Alamo with a copy of a parking contravention, from civil enforcement ltd., addressed to Europcar, noting we parked the car from 14:11:25 to 17:52:19. so that makes 40 minutes too long. Funny is the fact, that they documented the time by seconds, so that means there are cameras, but do they register us parking or driving around the carpark looking for a space for ages?

What really is getting to me, is the fact that the car hire writes to me, saying the local authorities sent the notice of a traffic violation, and that they supplied our details, and that they may send us a fine.

Now I am sure, that this is not a traffic violation, nor a local authority. Is the car hire company then allowed to charge us an administration fee, I have never been handed a copy of their terms and conditions, where this is stated. When we picked up the car, we only got a small sliüp of paper, that was all.

I understand it will be worth ignoring the civil enforcement ltd, see if any charges are put through international enforcement.

I am quite anoyed, because this is causing work and costing time.

annie

Annie, they won't even pay for UK courts let alone get involved with International enforcement.

It's just a con and I'm sure you have them in Germany as well. Someone has thought up a way to get easy beer money with no legal standing whatsoever, so yes, just ignore it.

Except

We went there with a hired car with Europcar written on it

You must write to them and tell them not to pay it. No doubt you paid with a credit card, so the hire company will just take it from your account. The only other way around this is to cancel your credit card 'now' as lost and get another one.

Hi conniff,

one positive thing about germany is that there are no free parking zones for limited time, followed by the big ridiculous charges. You have to pay in the first place.

according to the letter from alamo, they just want 32 pounds admin fee, but why did they pass on my data? I will try to get out of this one, thinking of the data protection and threatening them with press

no, usually normal supermarkets don't charge, macd has their own parking spaces in Germany, that way, but when you go to a mall there are multystoreycarparks, there you pull a ticket, when you drive in and pay when you leave, that way you can always leave the premises.

I am just thinking, I could use a webcam, check number plates, produce an invoice send that to the car hire companies, and then wait and see what happens ... it is easy to find the cars from europcar, it is always written on the cars, that way I wouldn't even have to find out the owner from an official registration place....

the press I would think about is concerning the car hire companies. passing on private data to a private company.

If Alamo Car Hire haven't yet charged their "admin fee" onto your credit card, cancel your card immediately with your credit card company. Hjust tell them you have lost or damaged your card and need a new one. That will ensure you get a new card number and if Alamo try to charge your old card number it will be rejected.

Hi All,

I've just had a letter through from Newlyn PLC, am I right in thinking that i should ignore them? The amount they are demanding has increased from £60 to £120 and we're currently at £208, are they having a laugh?!!

Also, bit of info which I found quite funny, in my digging I discovered that they (Newlyn) have just had a recent CCJ against them! And are a credit risk! Hypocrites!!

Chris,

We also had a few letters from them , with increasing demands each time!!! Just ignore them.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4746 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks