Civil Enforcement Ltd (again!)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As above. Designed to put the frighteners on you. Newlyn may have a bailiff side to their company, but bailiffs are only instructed when a court finds someone guilty of something and that someone still refuses to pay.

A few more letters to go yet.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello everyone...im new to this site. Found it on google after reciving a disgusting letter from the EVIL CEL!!!:mad:

I rec a PARKING CONTRAVENTION sat 27th feb 2010, for parking at Milton Keynes (THE HUBB) couldnt beleive it, for parking at the hubb. They have billed me for 15mins.

I felt sick when i rec this, i dont know what to do.

I took a drive today to read the notices outside where i partked, took photographis evidence, and in VERY small print it has the T&C's regarding no ticket etc etc...i dont get it!!!

When i see all the comment, i feel to leave it, but then i dont want any baliffts knowcking at my door for payment.

Its good reading as what to do next etc...But im a bit confused!!:confused:

Should i right to them? what do i put? What do i say?

Is there a template i can edit my details from the letter and send off via recorded delivery!

I ned help guys. the worst thing is, im on maternity leave, funds are limited and dont need £75/150 to add to debt!!:(

I really dont want to leave it, and then £75/150 turns into £1000s because of court fees etc...:(

Hello everyone...im new to this site. Found it on google after reciving a disgusting letter from the EVIL CEL!!!:mad:

I rec a PARKING CONTRAVENTION sat 27th feb 2010, for parking at Milton Keynes (THE HUBB) couldnt beleive it, for parking at the hubb. They have billed me for 15mins.

I took a drive today to read the notices outside where i partked, took photographis evidence, and in VERY small print it has the T&C's regarding no ticket etc etc...i dont get it!!!

When i see all the comment, i feel to leave it, but then i dont want any baliffts knowcking at my door for payment.

Is there a template i can edit my details from the letter and send off via recorded delivery!

I ned help guys. the worst thing is, im on maternity leave, funds are limited and dont need £75/150 to add to debt!!:(

I really dont want to leave it, and then £75/150 turns into £1000s because of court fees etc...:(

Please read all the advice on this forum. Do not contact the parking company and ignore any correspondence from them. You have not broken any law and you have done nothing wrong. They will not take you to court. As for bailiffs they only come on to the scene if the case goes to court ( very unlikely), you lose (very, very unlikely) and you refuse to pay whatever the judge orders. But, as I have said above the case will not go to court.

Do not confuse bailiffs with debt collectors. The former are officers of the court (see above) but debt collectors are just private citizens with no special powers. They cannot enter your property, they cannot seize goods and they cannot blacken your credit record. If they do come knocking just tell them to leave your property or you will call the police.

Edited by DBC

Exactly as DBC has said.

When i see all the comment,...

You might have seen them, but you should try reading them. Now enjoy that baby and think nothing further of it.

If you want to give others something to smile about, post up the pictures you took of the signs.

It's very easy, ignore them.

You are not supposed to, don't get to involved with photographs and journeys back and forth to check things.

No one will be knocing at your door, you are starting to fall for the [problem].

No, ignore them.

Why waste YOUR time and money, te default advice is not to engage them, give them nothing to go on.

You do realise it is a [problem] don't you? What makes you think you will be he one that actually goes to court? Loads of posters on here have begged the ppc's to take them to court but without result. They wont take you to court and if by some miracle they did, please tell me how £7 will turn into £1,000s?

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Thank you everyone.

I did unfortunately write a letter and sent it recoreded delivery to say i wasnt going to pay etc (copied from Rob S template,thanks) i did it yesterday so i wil see what happens.

Just looking on there website, has anyone posted it up....?

Thank you everyone.

I did unfortunately write a letter and sent it recoreded delivery to say i wasnt going to pay etc (copied from Rob S template,thanks) i did it yesterday so i wil see what happens.

Just looking on there website, has anyone posted it up....?

First it has now cost you money.

Second they will probably up the threat rate of their letters as they now realise their letters are getting through to someone.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hiya...

After reading i know NOW i shouldnt off, but i didnt wanna sit on it and not do nothing..sort off, i know what im like...!

So do you reckon i shouldnt send anythign else off, should i get a reply?

The really annoying thing is, my friend parked exactly next to me,at the same place and she hasnt recived anything and i have - which is really UNFAIR.

FUNK it, im not going to pay...god help me!

So is there any evidence that all the other peopel on this forum regarding the evil company have had it wiped and nothing more about it has been done and they have agreedv to leave it?...And that it hasnt built up to a mass sum they have to pay!

So is there any evidence that all the other peopel on this forum regarding the evil company have had it wiped and nothing more about it has been done and they have agreedv to leave it?...And that it hasnt built up to a mass sum they have to pay!

The "evidence" that the ignore route works is that there are not 100's of people coming back posting on the forum saying "I was told to ignore their 50quid scamvoice and now I'm up in court for 300quid!"

The reality is that many people are told to ignore them and do just that and never hear from the PPC again after they have tried their 5 or 6 letter [problem]. The PPC never "agree" to leave it, but who gives a toss whether they agree to drop it or not, they are not getting any money either way. :D

The area near the Hub is opposite sideof the road to Sainsburys and is in front of the Vizion development. It looks like any of MK's parking areas, the signs are obscure and I think if I was the owner of this private land, I would not employ a despicable, [causing problems] company like CEL to extort money out of unsuspecting visitors. At least they won't get any money from me.:p

Just come across your site!! I have got one of these "fines??" the other day and I'm not sure what to do? I have read the other posts but I'm on the fence, I cant afford the £75 ,let alone £150 plus costs.

They say if I dont pay they will forward the account to a debt recovery agency. Is the advise the same as the rest, the first letter saying I was not driving and them ignore the rest?

HELP!!

Thanks ,but I'm still worried. What if thay do send round the bailiffs?

Do not confuse debt collectors with bailiffs. Debt collectors are just private citizens with no special powers. They cannot enter your property, they cannot seize goods and they cannot blacken your credit record. In the very unlikely event that they do come to your door just tell them to go away, or you will call the police.

Bailiffs are "officers of the court". But they would only come on the scene if the case goes to court (very unlikely), you lose the case (very, very unlikely) and you refuse to pay whatever the judge orders.

Edited by DBC

Thanks.

I've been told not to contact them at all, but of corse I have contacted them ,by phone. I said I could not read the sign as the writing was to small and they advised to pay the "fine" and them appeal in writing.

quote > What if thay do send round the bailiffs?

they cant until its been to court, and then you loose ( PPC's dont do Courts , they little or no chance of winning ) and only if you dont pay the court amount in 28 days

read the many threads and a few there about the odd PPc that did try the court route and lost , Excel is one of the biggest fools that tried it

Edited by kiptower

Well well well.....i recieve a response back from them, from my first letter!

They put... 'We considered the matter raised,and regret to inform you thye are unable to cancel the enforcement notice...blah, blah, blah!!

They put the car park has expeienced severe problems with un-authorised parking, resulting in vehicles being parked long periods of time and occupying valuable.

I have already drafted my next letter...I know u guys are saying to sit back and ignore it. But someone like me and like yourselfs also i have never been in this sort of 'trouble' before and to just sit on it and do nothing is making me a bit uneasy...

Gota be seen to be doing something, cos if this goes further, they can see i have been trying to dispute it! (for all its worth)

More money out my pocket(postage 39p) i mean...want to see the answers to my questions and take it from there!

Il update!

Edited by jrichards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks