Suing KBT For misuse/breach of my DATA Rights.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is this for breach of GDPR?

If so we've had a few people humming and haaing over the years, but in the end deciding not to go for it, so there's not much experience to point to, unfortunately.

Is this the car park where you had to input the whole registration but it was only possible to input the first few digits, so every single car got a PCN?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes it’s the same one, because the main point they lost on was no signage. This means they should not have asked for keepers details, not breach of their supposed contract.

KBT , also passed my details on to BWleagal. 3rd party. 

They have opened a pandora box because they lost on the fundamental part of the equation, the signage.  The court has ruled that there was insufficient signage to form contract.  The judge refused them the right to appeal, because they could not point to a fact in law where her judgement was wrong.

i also have the issue as to them telling me they have nothing to do with the payment machines at Seenen top car park, these are linked to the cameras, so how did they get my information from .  So many questions? 

I need to dig but dig I will.  Thanks for your reply.  

Edited by scotswestie

I am thinking that perhaps it is better to complain in the first instance to the ICO who deal with breaches of  GDPR. it ill take longer before they come to a decision but there advantages going this way.

1. it doesn't cost anything unlike going to court where it will cost plus no guarantee of winning.

2. If the decision from the ICO is positive you can then go to KBT asking for an amount of money  or you will go to Court. If they have any sense they will settle rather than go to Court. 

• Like 3

Hi thanks for that.  I already have complaint into the ICO over this issue. I aim to have them running in tandem. The court decision is more help to my original ICO complaint.  KBT, also did not reply to an additional Subject Access Request.  This was about signage. So I now have to lodge complaint over this.  

They cannot remedy their position because the Court case has already gone.  I needed this information for my case.  They had made the signage  a key point in the supposed contract with myself.

lets see how this pans out 😅

thanks. 

Edited by scotswestie

1 hour ago, scotswestie said:

KBT, also did not reply to an additional Subject Access Request.

Why not sue them on SAR non-compliance as well then?

It sounds like you really want to give them some grief...

Shame we don't know the full story, as you sorted them out (brilliantly) on your own terms.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service