GXS ANPR PCN NTK - Coole and Bevis, Bognor Regis

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1 Date of the infringement 30/04/23

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]  03/05

[scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] please LEAVE IN LOCATION AND ALL DATES/TIMES/£'s

3 Date received 11/05

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Not yet

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A

7 Who is the parking company? GXS Services

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Coole and Bevis, Bognor Regis

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

IAS

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

None.

Hi all, 

the driver used this carpark next to a local shop when popping in on a Sunday, didn`t notice the signs, though they are quite clearly there though. Is there anything that can be done here? They were there for all of 3 minutes. The company for this car park is closed over the weekends, so they've not inconvenienced anyone with their parking. 

Will get the PDF scanned up, this afternoon. 

Cheers all

Chipz

Edited by FTMDave
Removing references to the driver

Thank Homer - They do have a pretty clear picture of the driver's face driving in. 

Just had a dig around the forum. Looks like do nothing till Letter of Claim comes in. 

Edited by FTMDave
Removed references to the driver

Picture of you is not relevant, only the fact they used POFA to identify you as the keeper of the vehicle, if the NTK does not refer to POFA then it is not compliant and they cannot transfer liability from the driver to the registered keeper.

As you said the best action is do nothing (keep all their threatening and begging letters though) unless you get a letter before action, then it's snotty letter time.

Edited by Homer67
typo
  • Like 2

• dx100uk changed the title to GXS ANPR PCN NTK - Coole and Bevis, Bognor Regis

NTK? wheres the PCN that must come first? as this was an ANPR capture or was it CCTV?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

WWW.SUSSEXEXPRESS.CO.UK

Solicitor Rita Sen, of Coole Bevis LLP, has responded to residents complaining about ‘unneighbourly' fines for using the private car park in...

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you were only there three minutes, then that is well within the "consideration period".  Please post up their invoice when you get a moment.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Invoice :D - What`s the max for a consideration period? 

DX, thank you for posting up that news link - certainly echo`s my feelings, feels like we have a cancer in the community now. I`m unsure on ANPR and CCTV as my tech knowledge says you use ANPR on CCTV.

Attached the NTK, with personal bits blocked out. 

NTK (1).pdf

The comment about an invoice wasn't a joke.  That's what you've received - an invoice.

At first glance GXS have messed up massively.

What is written in the "Time of Contravention" box that you've crossed out?

And can you make out the times that are stamped on the photos?

It's likely you have a get-out-of-jail-free card here due to their incompetence.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

That sounds promising Dave! It`s still amusing to have you call it buy its actual name :)

17:32 in the Time of contravention box and I can read on the photos 17:32:52 and 17:26:25 so twice as long as I originally stated. 

Sorry to keep bombarding you with questions - but there is a reason.

We can't see the photos very well.  The vast majority of cases here are ANPR - i.e. you see the car while moving, in and out of the car park entrance/exit.  Are the photos like that?

Or are the photos of the car when parked? -

why have you hidden everything!!

only need to hide your name & address, reg no, pcn/ref number. and and qr or barcodes

leave everything else!

if that 3rd picture is one of your car parked up.

its a cctv system not anpr.

so they should be issuing windscreen tickets and not sending the NTK till after 29days , but this lot are crap amateurs in the parking world anyway.

so these solicitors have hired a bunch of useless idiots, none of their speculative invoices are ever gonna be enforceable, shows how crap the sols must be and they themselves call the tickets FINES!!! 

• Like 1

and they

Thanks Dave and DX, I appreciate the questions and support as it`s really helping me here! 

I`ve reuploaded the NTK as seem like I was a bit over cautious in not incriminating myself. dx, you are right, the 4th picture is of me parked. Pic order - reg, exit, entry, parked

NTK.pdf

def cctv so      so.......many things wrong. never be enforceable in court.

would be fun to tell the solicitors that too....:pound:

you'd think someone that works in our laws would know better....

• Like 2

and they

Thank you dx! Agree with your comments, going to take the time to continue the trend from the local community of leaving a google review to let them know how I feel. 

Will park this for now (oh yes, that was a pun) ;). Will touch base if there is any follow up. 

Thank you Dave, DX, and Homer for your advice and willingness to help others in these matters! It is very much appreciated! 

KR

Chipz

Edited by Chipz
  • Like 1

So you were there for 6:37. 

The government Code of Practice allows a 5-minute consideration period, the BPA CoP allows 5 minutes, and the IPC (the fleecers' trade association) CoP allows a "reasonable" time.  Logically you need time to read these new signs that have just cropped up and decide to leave the car park and reject the "contract" they offer. 

Then you need time to exit the car park - and all three CoPs allow 10 minutes as a grace period.

Ergo, you left within the allowed periods.  The jokers wouldn't have a hope in hell of doing court.

I've had a search of our site, GXS seem a small village outfit who haven't a clue.  Only once over many years have these clowns dared take a Cagger to court - and in that case they wet themselves before the hearing and gave in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks Dave, saw you had reached out on a few other threads for updates. Appreciate that! 

Such an evil thing they are doing at a time when most are struggling with the cost of living! I feel for the people in the local community, especially the elderly, who don`t know about such wonderful resources like this site and will pay up out of fear.

Will be popping a donation over, thank you again all. 

The sign is complete rubbish too.

No mention of the £100 charge until half way down the sign and then after two reductions in font size.

"All vehicles must be authorised by GXS Services Ltd" with no mention of how to do that.  I wonder what happens to clients of the solicitors who park there?

• Haha 1

*The sign is complete rubbish too*  Had a feeling that might be the case :)

Couple of reviews on google saying they had popped in when office was closed, to post thing through the door or check opening times, and have received invoices. Hopefully they`ve not paid them! 

Cheers again, will keep updating with any additional correspondence I get. 

• 2 weeks later...

yes and any DCA letters that come.

only worry about a letter of claim from GXS or a solicitor stating them as their client.

next time please NAME your scan file properly...see its name now.

dx

• I agree 1

and they

I see someone has posted this as a Google Maps review.

Couldn't have put it better myself 😉

Two things.  Firstly, these are not fines, they are invoices, a private company doesn't have the power to issue fines.  Fancy solicitors not knowing the difference!  Secondly, there is indeed an industry-wide grace period so everyone getting these invoices for stopping for a few minutes should simply refuse to pay.  GXS are highly unlikely to try small claims court, and if they did they would lose.  Free legal advice is available on several consumer advice sites on the web.

• Like 2

That`s quality - thought about posting a link to this thread on there, but decided against it. Hope people take note and seek advice before engaging with these jokers. 

• 2 weeks later...