PPI Successes [NO QUESTIONS or EXPLANATIONS PLEASE] - just Bank/How Much with a link to your thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thats good news

quite sweeping as well.

makes a change!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear All,

Just like to say a big thank you to all who have given me advice regarding my PPI claims. It has taken some time, and all I would like to say to those out there who are still waiting just hang in there. I've waited over a year since my original complaints and so far I have claimed over £7,000. Still got a couple more complaints in the pipeline and will keep you posted.

Dave:)

I have just won against citi financial. Full amount plus interest. Very happy.

Sent the forms in three weeks ago and they have already agreed!!! I am amazed at how quick they agreed to the claim - I thought I'd be fighting for a year or so!

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!

well well

cant say too much as i've not got it yet..but

the FOS have just ruled on one my HFC accounts going back to 1993 and have told HFC to cough up!!! yes after waiting since jan 09 several £1000's [ now i might not see this due to off-setting of a current loan - i think they can do that?]

more on my thread over the w/end

there are two more to go but its looking good...

HFC NAILED YA!!! muppets

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well well

the FOS have just ruled on one my HFC accounts going back to 1993 and have told HFC to cough up!!! yes after waiting since jan 09 several £1000's [ now i might not see this due to off-setting of a current loan - i think they can do that?]

HFC NAILED YA!!! muppets

dx

That's sounding promising dx - well done :D

well well

HFC NAILED YA!!! muppets

dx

thread is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/268270-dx100-hfc-ppi-account.html

and they

yes, they can offset,

I remember (zummit I don't do very often) reading that you can request (and hope to receive) a separate cheque in settlement; was this referring to entirely different circumstances?

you can state that you signed and agreed to the contract for the loan at no point did you agree to ppi so as such that money would have been in your pocket so you expect the ppi refund to be returned to your pocket i also did not agree to current loan being paid early and as such it is considered unfair to offset

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

you can state that you signed and agreed to the contract for the loan at no point did you agree to ppi so as such that money would have been in your pocket so you expect the ppi refund to be returned to your pocket i also did not agree to current loan being paid early and as such it is considered unfair to offset

even for arrears?

dx

and they

oh right sorry did not know account was in arrears in that case all they can offset is the arrears amount anything over should be returned to you

• Haha 1

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

yea i know

i'm still going to q the fos on this though.

if the a/c the refund comes from has been closed since 1998 that a bit underhand.

dx

and they

Hi all,

I'm totally baffled by all this PPI stuff, although I reckon I have a case. Briefly here's my position. I took out a loan with Nat-West in 2007 for £25000 over 10 years and believe I was miss sold PPI which is costing me £80 per month. I also have 2 credit cards, 1 with MBNA which was as high as £14000 at one stage,its down to £500 now but I still pay about £5 PPI per month, and one with Mint which has fluctuated between £5000 and £8000 where the PPI is at a similar rate. As you can imagine my finances has been very erratic,so I would like to know how I stand re compensation. If so should I go through one of these reclaim organisations as I don't think I am capable of it myself?

what and get ripped off?

you need to start your own thread in the PPI forum.

dx

and they

Hi dx:)

One of my recent LTSB PPI refunds was on an account which is in arrears and without my asking, Lloyds told the FOS I would be paid the full amount by cheque - which I was ;)

Landy x

yea i know, its almost as if there is no hard rules and its who you get during your closing stages that almost dictates where it goes.

i'm sure this is why hfc have dragged their heels.

dx

and they

yea i know, its almost as if there is no hard rules and its who you get during your closing stages that almost dictates where it goes.

i'm sure this is why hfc have dragged their heels.

dx

Think you hit the nail on the head there dx - the level of conscientiousness varies considerably from one FOS adjudicator to another it seems :rolleyes:

Landy x

well i'm going to write to mine with rent debt letters and threat letters to disconnect the gas supply and see if i can swing it.

anyhow

i'll continue this on my thread

dx

and they