Dusary v Bank of Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Banks do hold onto cash as long as possible. The amount of money they can make over a week - end is phenominal; and yes, the ham - shankers do like to frustrate us all!

??? Another quote from *Allo! *Allo!

the ham - shankers

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Did you sleep in this morning?

You are as bad as SSL - you are a bunch of *stickers*

For *stickers* read *STALKERS*

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Letter received this *mirning* from Bonk of Scumbags:

Following our conversation, I would like to confirm that on this occasion we are prepared to increase our goodwill gesture to £7,674.33 for roll number D/1234567 and £3,462.00 for roll number D/ABCDEFGH in recognition of your dissatisfaction. I am very pleased that you have told me that this offer is acceptable to you.

Now who told you that?

Not I!

Please note that this does not mean we believe we are under any legal obligation to do so......

......To accept the top up payments of £2,558.10 and £1,154.00 you do not need to take any further action as the payments will be credited to your accounts within the next 14 days.

If you do not wish to accept our offer, please return the payment and contact me on the above number (01977 627362).

Not likely! Not bloomin' bloomin' likely!

I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that if you remainm unhappy you may refer your complaint to the FOS, details of which were provided to you in our previous letter. If you wish to refer the matter to the FOS then you must do so within 6 months of the date of our previous letter.

Is that why they are stalling on sending me the FULL BANKING HISTORY?

Good job I got the Information Commissioners Office onto them, then!

Devious bu**ers!

Yours sincerely,

signed (with a real pen)

Sam Whitehead.

Customer Relations Manager.

Firing off my 2nd Rejecting Offers letter!

Good Luck with that Dusary... sounds like at least you're making progress, but they're still holding out on compliance.

Just out of interest, do you think (or have knowledge) that the Information Commissioner's Office is having any effect, or is that just coincidental? Asking because I have now had acknowledgement from them for a while, but have no evidence to suggest that this is having any effect on HFX!

Mac :D

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Well - the bunch of statements I received yesterday had a covering letter from HBOS saying:

In response to Information Commissioners Office complaint

So I can only assume ......

Sent you a PM - a reminder about the 28 day deadline for the banking organisation to reply to Information Commissioners Office complaint.

But, yes!

They are STILL failing to comply with sending the FULL banking history (though I have now some statements going back to 1995).

I'd better check my mailbox and see if ICO case officer has replied now!

I'd better check my mailbox and see if Information Commissioner's Office case officer has replied now!

Not yet!

dursary, sorry to high-jack your thread.

just to give you the good news that we won today.

thanks for helping and encouraging.

please will you let a mod. know my success story?

ta!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]if my response has been of help to you, please click on my scales. thank you:)

jontah,

you need to update your thread so we know what happened.

And of course so we can congrtatulate you...:p

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks for the PM, Dusary...we'll wait and see, then :D

(but still carry on with Operation Litigate) ;)

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

jontah,

you need to update your thread so we know what happened.

And of course so we can congrtatulate you...:p

SSL, i have done so on the LTSB thread.

this is the one for my son.

thank you so much.

we will be donatin as well.:p:D:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]if my response has been of help to you, please click on my scales. thank you:)

Dusary this is horrendous, bank of scotland are complete pratts! good luck with getting back the rest of your cash, if they keep dripping the money in at the rate they're going you should be completely reimbured by the 33rd of Julaugust 3089.

I wonder what the FOS will say to all their messing about??

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

I'd like to go to FOS - but only AFTER I've received ALL my statements and claimed them back and been given the "This is our Full and Final Settlement" letter.

Come to think of it - they did that in their original offer - their top-up says the same.

By the year 3089 I'll be dead!

sad0142.gif

JONTAH!

THAT'S GREAT NEWS!

!!!CONGRATULATIONS!!!

sign0101.gif

Hi Dusary watching with interest:D

It's a fascinating saga, Bigmac.

You were there at the beginning - and you'll be there at the end!

• Haha 1

Hi Dusary

Congratulations on your acheivements so far.You have replied to my post before so would like to ask for some more advice regarding rejection letters, as i posted yesterday they offered to up my offer to 75% so instead of £702 they offered me £1053 out of a £1400 claim i said i wanted 100% they said they couldn't offer anymore i told them i had already taken it to the FOS and they said to wait until they get in touch with the bank and they would probably give 100% then,so my question is do i still send the rejection letter and do i need to leave the origanal payment of £702 in my account and not touch it,it is very tempting especially as i have just came back from holiday.Hope this dosn't sound to silly.Thanks in advance

Willmurr6:?

Letter received this *mirning* from Bonk of Scumbags:

[/color]

Now who told you that?

Not I!

Not likely! Not bloomin' bloomin' likely!

Is that why they are stalling on sending me the FULL BANKING HISTORY?

Good job I got the Information Commissioners Office onto them, then!

Devious bu**ers!

Firing off my 2nd Rejecting Offers letter!

dursary, the end is nigh.

with my claim from halifax last year, it was a saga similar, although the amounts differ.

i bet you, they will capitulate. i suspect that you get full + final offer this week. it then takes 14/7 for the funds to hit your account.

i am coming round for the chappers!!!:):D;)

su

Hi Dusary

Congratulations on your acheivements so far.You have replied to my post before so would like to ask for some more advice regarding rejection letters, as i posted yesterday they offered to up my offer to 75% so instead of £702 they offered me £1053 out of a £1400 claim i said i wanted 100% they said they couldn't offer anymore i told them i had already taken it to the FOS and they said to wait until they get in touch with the bank and they would probably give 100% then,so my question is do i still send the rejection letter and do i need to leave the origanal payment of £702 in my account and not touch it,it is very tempting especially as i have just came back from holiday.Hope this dosn't sound to silly.Thanks in advance

Willmurr6:?

Thanks for the congrats.

As far as you are concerned - you are on the home straight.

To be safe - I'd fire off the Rejection letter #2 which allows you to keep the *goodwill* gesture, and carry on with FOS.

For what it's worth - with some of my dosh I bought a new HD 43" flat screen and moved the remainder elsewhere (clearing my overdraft, of course!0.

Remember - it IS your money!

It always was!

• Haha 2

For what it's worth - with some of my dosh I bought a new HD 43" flat screen
Nice one Dusary...shall I bring the popcorn & beer? :D

Absolutely spot on about the fact that it is your money - these EDIT are responsible for maintaining a state of semi-insolvency in people who are only marginally afloat as it is.. and I would suspect with the massive salary erosion that has been taking place in this country over the past few years, that's an awful lot of people :mad:

My money will get me a nice new bathroom, put somthing into my meagre savings (my fault - hands up!) and put me well on the path to becoming debt-free; which is my next goal!

Write to your MP and

dursary, the end is nigh.

with my claim from halifax last year, it was a saga similar, although the amounts differ.

i bet you, they will capitulate. i suspect that you get full + final offer this week. it then takes 14/7 for the funds to hit your account.

i am coming round for the chappers!!!:):D;)

su

We'll see if they give in this week - I doubt it, somehow. But, I'm, happy to go down the FOS route - all the way - ONCE I know how much they removed IN TOTAL since I began banking with them.

The "PAY ME BACK" letter has gone out for the 3rd a/c.

And once I get the info on the other *hidden* a/cs - then I'll pursue them relentlessly on that score as well!

Then I'll turn me habd to Sh'Abbey and Barclaycard.

This time I think I'll be even more agressive - and after the 14-day period has elapsed from the *PAY ME BACK WHAT'S MINE* letters have gone out - I'll just file!

I'm toying with the idea of the 3rd a/c which is around £520 of having fun with the Scottish Court system. It might help others out in the future!

i am coming round for the chappers!!!

You are welcome to some *shampoos* - even! (Back to 'Allo! 'Allo!)

• Haha 1

Thank you, whoever that was!

Then I'll turn me habd to Sh'Abbey and Barclaycard.

This time I think I'll be even more agressive - and after the 14-day period has elapsed from the *PAY ME BACK WHAT'S MINE* letters have gone out - I'll just file!

Good for you Dusary. You should definitely "stick to your timetable" ;):p:D

On the shAbbey note, I filed last Friday and received my Notice of Issue yesterday. My N1 was also deemed served as of yesterday. So the 14 day countdown begins!

For what it's worth - with some of my dosh I bought a new HD 43" flat screen and moved the remainder elsewhere (clearing my overdraft, of course!0.

Remember - it IS your money!

It always was!

My award from shAbbey (£5400 including Stat Interest) will be going towards a new kitchen and bathroom and a nice weekend away for me and the OH. Oh yes - and new shoes for the children. LOL!!

deedee x

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p