Dusary v Bank of Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hihihihi! I couldn't resist though - it was like Postal remark to a......er.....er...I'll go and think of a better analogy that won't get me in trouble!

(still, it's easy enough to register under a different identity):p:D:lol:

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OOOOHHHH, no fair!!!

I missed the party!! :mad:

CONGRATULATIONS DUSARY!!! :D :D :D

Do you know how long I've all waited to say that! Go get 'em. You're on a roll now. Let's hope this one opens the floodgates.

Here's Why I missed the party......... This is great news for me as it means I can buy my flat when I choose to. I'm on a mission to sort my credit file out, so that I can get a "proper" mortgage.

Anyway my belated congrats once again.

PS. I see that the thread has returned to form and is now three pages along from when I last posted. :p

deedee xxx

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Hihihihi! I couldn't resist though - it was like Postal remark to a......er.....er...I'll go and think of a better analogy that won't get me in trouble!

(still, it's easy enough to register under a different identity):p:D:lol:

Hee hee -don't be naughty. :p;)

deedee x

• Haha 1

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Hihihi!

You haven't missed the party.. it's tonight! Come over and help with the preparations :D

And many congrats on the court victory with the tenancy - that'll give you some good experience for what's ahead :D

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

:D HUGE CONGRATULATIONS :D

Hope they now send the rest of your statements, and give you the rest of your money quickly.

(How do you make the writing go big :confused: )

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

Congratulations!!

I've just spent the best part of 3 hours reading your thread and was gripped by the tension, can't wait to find out what happens next.

:razz:

Great, we can't wait to see you getting YOUR Money back!!

Keep going!!

Good Luck!

:D HUGE CONGRATULATIONS :D

Hope they now send the rest of your statements, and give you the rest of your money quickly.

Thanks for the congrats!

(How do you make the writing go big :confused: )

When you're replying you can try going *ADVANCED* and then you get a better toolbar for your reply - which includes text sizes!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Congratulations!!

I've just spent the best part of 3 hours reading your thread and was gripped by the tension, can't wait to find out what happens next.

:razz:

Hi!

Thanks for the congrats!

It has been a marathon - which isn't over - YET!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Yesterday (amidst ALL THE EXCITEMENT), I received two more sets of Bank Statements!

Guess what?

They were repeats of the ones I received a couple of days before!

Silly asses!

The Information Commissioners Office are just gonna' love THIS!

I'd like to say I can't believe the incompetence of these people...but I can't! :cool:

• Haha 1

Write to your MP and

Nor I!

It Totally Beggars Belief!

• Haha 1

Any Bubbly left Dusary?

Really happy for you.

It is a great feeling when you get over the final line isnt it.

CONGRATULATIONS.

Yes it is........................

but its not, if you see what I mean, BIGMAC!!

(You're help/ guidance and that from higher up would be appreciated !!)

We will go all the way!! Hope to hear from you!!

Any Bubbly left Dusary?

Really happy for you.

It is a great feeling when you get over the final line isnt it.

CONGRATULATIONS.

Thanks Bigmac,

Oh! Yes!

There's plenty in the fridge. But it'll stay there until all that HBOSplc owe me on these first 2 accounts comes through.

I am sending my Rejection of Offer letters tomorrow.

(Copies are appended lower down ......¬)

THEN you can have some champers (and CAG another FURTHER 2 donations - 1 interim one already made!).

Rejection of Offer letter 1 (with slight amendments to Templated letter)

Mr Chris Thornton

Bank of Scotland

Customer Relations

PO Box 29112

Dunfermline

KY11 2ZX

July 9th: 2006

Re: Account number D/XYZABC25

Response to settlement offer.

Dear Mr Thornton,

Thank you for your letter dated 27th June 2007.

I respectfully decline your offer of Full and Final settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling £12,919.10 (plus £4,317.68 which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total: £17,236.78 at the time of my claim (June 9th: 2007). Since when, other charges have been imposed.

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with a County Court claim if necessary.

My Request for Repayment letter dated 09/06/2007 and my Letter Before Action dated 09/06/2007 indicated that you had until 23/06/2007 to respond before I proceeded to the next stage of my request. My deadline remained and remains the same.

If you do not accept my conditions, or you do not respond within 7 days, I wish to stress that I do not accept your offer as Full and Final settlement and the money transferred to my account should not be viewed as my acceptance.

If you wish, I am willing to discuss this matter further with you on the telephone at a time mutually convenient to us both.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

Dusary.

Last para to have something added - possibly mildly threatening! (Thanks MacBoy)

Rejection of Offer letter on 2nd account (with slight amendments to Templatted Letter - highlighted in red)

Mr Chris Thornton

Bank of Scotland

Customer Relations,

PO Box 29112

Dunfermline

KY11 2ZX

July 9th: 2007

Re: Account number D/AnAwfulLotOfNumbers

Response to settlement offer.

Dear Mr Thornton,

Thank you for your letter dated 27th June 2007.

I respectfully decline your offer of Full and Final settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling, at the date of reclaim (June 9th: 2007) £5,156.39 plus £1,171.43 which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total to date: £6,327.82. Since when, other charges have been imposed.

I do this on the basis that Bank of Scotland have still not complied with my initial Subject Access Request dated 24th April, 2007, and have not yet sent my full banking history for that particular account, nor has Bank of Scotland complied with the enquiry issued by The Information Commissioner’s Office.

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with a County Court claim if necessary.

My Request for Repayment letter dated June 9th: 2007 and my Letter Before Action also dated 09/06/2007 indicated that you had until 23/06/2007 to respond before I proceeded to the next stage of my request. My deadline remained and still remains the same.

If you do not accept my conditions, or you do not respond within 7 days, I wish to stress that I do not accept your offer as Full and Final settlement and the money transferred to my account should not be viewed as my acceptance.

If you wish to discuss this matter further with me, I am willing to do so over the telephone at a time convenient to us both.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully,

Dusary

Last para to have something added!!!!!!

Well put as usual Dusary.

However, do you really want to speak to them on the phone? You might get Miss SixYearsThatIsAll! :mad:

Make sure you send it by Shhhpecial Delivery (sorry I couldn't resist that either).

deedee x

My threads

I agree with deedee. Your choice entirely of course, but I wouldn't entertain a call, unless i could record the whole thing; and even then I wouldn't do it out of choice. Stick to letters, Dusary - you're not going to lose anything, nor are they going to give you anything extra by going along with it.

You remain in control of proceedings that way.

Write to your MP and

Latest missive to ICO - 9th July:2007

Dear Sirs,

Reference Number: ABCDEF Dusary

Further to my DSAR to HBOSplc and to my writing to you.

I have to report that on 4th & 5th of July 2007 HBOSplc sent me some more statements for the accounts No 2 a/c & TheHopSkip&Jump a/c

They are for the periods 2004 - 2007 No 2 a/c; and 1999 - 2007 HopSkip&Jump a/c

POINT 1: I now have complete statements for the No2 a/c but NOT for the D/HopSkip&Jump a/c.

In addition: I also received statements for the D/1234567-X and for the D/7654321-Y

POINT 2: Nevertheless there are statements for 3 accounts STILL outstanding.

I would be grateful if you would add this information (POINTS 1 & 2) to my file and, in due course, I hope you would be good enough to let me know what is the next course of action.

Yours sincerely,

Dusary.

Email received from ICO today

10th July 2007

Reference RFA0XXXXXX

Dear Mr Dusary

Thank you for your email.

I wrote to the Data Controller at the Bank of Scotland on 3 July 2007 asking for the information you requested to be sent to you. This information should follow in due course.

If I can be of further assistance please let me know.

Yours sincerely

Janine Gregory

Casework and Advice Officer

Non-acceptance letter posted yesterday and sent *SPECIAL DELIVERY* (ie: new term for "Registered").

When I logged on to the Track This Item at *www.royal.mail.com* this is the message I received:

Your item is being re-directed and will take longer to reach its final delivery address.

This item is being sent to an address that has a redirection in force so it will take an extra day to arrive.

Now:

1) Why should Mr Chris Thornton's mail be redirected somewhere else?

2) I wonder if I would EVER have been able to trace it had it been sent *SIGNED FOR* - or know that it had even been received?

Possibly a redirect down to Trinity Road, Dusary? They're unlikely to keep two support functions separate like that after a merger, but may retain the address to keep the BOS punters happy. If you're worried about it give them a call - they might set you straight.

I don't think it's anything sinister personally - and I'm sure the signature would be recorded even at the divert address. ;)

Write to your MP and