Tom Brennan v NatWest - This is a must-read!!!

calvi36
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For example a Group of bankers meeting up for lunch could be seen to be a Wunch of bankers'

Reminds me of something I thought of a while ago, "WAG". The only thing I can really say here is the more central role of manual intervention.

Anyway, to get back to topic, I'd love to see what Mr. B has included on his PoC, especially as a former customer of the most profitable bank in the UK.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

Reminds me of something I thought of a while ago, "WAG". The only thing I can really say here is the more central role of manual intervention.

Anyway, to get back to topic, I'd love to see what Mr. B has included on his PoC, especially as a former customer of the most profitable bank in the UK.

I thought EDIT (LANGUAGE) was more appropiate

thought we were all adults here alan, not taking umbridge at all but at end of the day we have to be 18+ to enter into agreements with banks etc. Bit of leeway wouldn't go amiss bro as emotions are running high.

Sorry, have to agree with Alan here, no matter how high feelings are, this is a public forum, any foul language or derogatory comments can mean huge trouble for the forum , im sure you understand :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Sorry, have to agree with Alan here, no matter how high feelings are, this is a public forum, any foul language or derogatory comments can mean huge trouble for the forum , im sure you understand :-)

trouble is trouble, not saying we should not have rules, just take a deep breath. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thats better

Quite right too, eat humble pie A and L!

:)

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Does anyone have any new info on this Judgement that's supposed to be coming? Haven't heard anything for ages about this and his site seems to be down.

Abbey - *SETTLED IN FULL!* ;)

-£445 refunded after one phonecall

HERE

Lloyds - Reclaiming Charges ***WON!***

-09/05/07 - Prelim delivered

-22/05/07 - LBA sent - no response

-11/07/07 - Filed at court

- 26/07/07 - Full settlement offer!!!! Donation made ;)

HERE

Next - Trying to Sue us with no agreement! :lol:

-29/06/07 - Defence filed

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

-19/09/07 - Claim struck out!! :p

HERE and continued HERE

PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES IF I'VE HELPED!

Still waiting for it. It could be anytime in the next few weeks. I think It's almost certain Tom will lose and all costs will be awarded against him but at least his appeal will be heard by a judge who isn't more interested in his forthcoming retirement

I hope Tom at least has a chance of appeal, as i do not think the judge was very informed this time, maybe an appeal judge will be better organised.

Long time ago in a galaxy FAR FAR AWAY, there lived an elf who shot banks for a living.........

Now through the power of the internet there is the CONSUMER ACTION GROUP,

Watch out they are getting crafty those pesky CRITTERS!

Banks will tell you their charges are transparent!

So is the invisible man but that does not mean he is fair or lawful.

DONT GIVE UP! FOLLOW THE CAG ADVICE AND RECLAIM YOUR CHARGES.

CAPITAL BANK! YOU ARE NEXT.

On the other hand, the judge in Brennan's case (assuming it goes against Brennan) may just have been what the banks yearned for all along. Unless, of course, you believe the enduring myth that judges and jurisprudence in this country are wholly unbiased, unprejudiced and aren't ever leaned on to reach a desired verdict.

Shoestring

The more I read this site, the more congratulations I want to heap on CAG for the invaluable service they are performing. Bravo!

Is there really anyone in this country that believes that the british court system is unbiased! Fair! Impartial!

I doubt it!

Informed people know what goes on up and down the country, i had an example myself when i was in court when the judge reckoned i was not entiteled to a judgement against the company i was claiming against, only some compensation....EDITED JUST IN CASE

Long time ago in a galaxy FAR FAR AWAY, there lived an elf who shot banks for a living.........

DelBoy, this is something that should not be said on a public forum, it is alluding to something illegal and if you cant prove it then you should not be saying it

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

The problem with todays judges is that,by the very nature of the job, it is based on experience and this can be gained by spending years and years in the legal profession.

Therefore judges are going to come from the older generation and as such may tend to be, shall we say. slightly out of touch.

What is needed is a bit of young blood at the top.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

I realise i may have said to much, but it appears to a friend who is also a solicitor that something was amiss as i had all the proof and also the witnesses but still i was not able to persuade a judge to pass a judgement against them and he also would not tell me why, which makes me think odd things were going on, of course at that time i did not have the experiance i have now and if that was to happen again i would know what to demand thanks to CAG

BTW Lula i still have all the proof and case notes and the solicitor who looked through them told me "it was a open and shut case" no if's but's or maybes he was sure that the judgement should have been easy and the compensation the hard bit.....

are you saying that you have proof of wrongdoing? if you have then you should make it available to the relevant authorities

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Please don't tar all Judges with the same brush. Remember the number of times they have whenever possible come down on the side of the consumer in this matter.

Clearly there ARE some unworldly judges for want of a better word but believe me when I say most judges DO know what is going on & are not one bit pleased. Also be assured that in most cases their ire is not directed at the consumer