Tom Brennan v NatWest - This is a must-read!!!

calvi36
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Tom says on his website that he's not expecting a verdict til later in the week

I'm impressed you've managed to get on his website, I've not been able to! I think it might be rather busy for some reason ...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this is remotely a realistic assessment then I wonder if after the OFT ruling (supposing it is along the lines as above?) then the banks thereafter will repay unlawful charges on a case by case basis for all charged amounts over the "new" £12.00 benchmark?

Yeah, but credit cards have a ceiling of £12, but we're still seeing them pay back in full plus interest.

RBS Account 1: Won

RBS Account 2: Won

Capital One: Won

Capital One (Wifes Card): Won

RBS Account 2, round 2: Won

RBS PPI: Won

he has already been paid more than he can legitimately claim," said Mr Pilling"

Erm, so his claim for the refund of unlawful charges was legitimate?

Great. Let's rock...

It's going to be an interesting year...

Yeah, but credit cards have a ceiling of £12, but we're still seeing them pay back in full plus interest.

Time will tell.

Shoestring

The more I read this site, the more congratulations I want to heap on CAG for the invaluable service they are performing. Bravo!

Unless I'm missing something here, Lloyds "win" was based upon incorrectly presented evidence by the claimant.

In the opinion of the Judge, the Claimant did not adequately support the claim under UTCCA because he didn't include the charges leafletin his evidence.

Lloyds, or any other bank have proven nothing. One judge rejected a claim on the grounds of evidence submitted.

Advice given is either my experience or my opinion and is given without liability. If in doubt, consult a qualified professional.

If you PM me for advice I will only reply in your own thread

Never under estimate your ability. I won over £17,000!

For the full story - look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/17630-thecobbettslayer-NatWest.html

Lloyds argued that it was NOT a breach of contract which was accepted by DJ Cooke in ruling the claimant had no case

Nat West appear to be arguing that it WAS a breach of contract & the Tom's claim for exemplary damages has no merit.

They each appear to be arguing from totaly apposing standpoints!

Good article from the Fool, if a little pessimistic. I hope it doesn't take 6 weeks to comme to a judgement!!

Any advice given is purely my opinion and not based on any legal fact unless referenced with a case. Follow my advice at your own risk. Although the fact may be correct, my interpretation and therefore findings may not

Barclays - £391 Just getting started

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/144290-chris-barclays-take-2-a.html

Barclays - £760 Settled in full

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/17995-chris-barclays-bank.html

Barclaycard - £100 settled in full

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/17996-chris-barclaycard.html

It was never about how much he lost....he was offered a lot more than the charges he was claiming (does that not tell you something)....it is about the damage he suffered due to the loss. Please please read the whole story.....its a true insight into a very interesting case and one that could shape the future for claimants who lost a lot more than a few quid in charges....people who lost homes through repossession after extortionate chartges were applied (see the mortgages forum for many stories)....people who lost faith and committed suicide through the banks extortionate charges (I am personally unfortunately aware of one case of this)......people who had nothing to feed their children with due to banks

I lost everything. My Family. My Home. My possessions. My Dignity. All in the name of profit. In ONE HOUR.

I have watched the press avidly, and seen a number of reports of suicide, where parents have said "if he'd only let us know, we'd have helped him. We knew something was wrong when he didn't contact us for three weeks".

What the banks have done is fundamentally wrong, and has been THE major contributor to today's 'live in fear of a knock on the door' Society.

I will be continuing my claim regardless of this decision, and as mine involves damages, it will challenge any decision made in Tom's case should he fail. I can prove serious damage.

Right behind you Tom, Justice must not be seen to be done, it should be done, as the masses will not be content with the former.

Return the bullion.

Tide

• Haha 1

I lost everything. My Family. My Home. My possessions. My Dignity. All in the name of profit. In ONE HOUR.

I have watched the press avidly, and seen a number of reports of suicide, where parents have said "if he'd only let us know, we'd have helped him. We knew something was wrong when he didn't contact us for three weeks".

What the banks have done is fundamentally wrong, and has been THE major contributor to today's 'live in fear of a knock on the door' Society.

I will be continuing my claim regardless of this decision, and as mine involves damages, it will challenge any decision made in Tom's case should he fail. I can prove serious damage.

Right behind you Tom, Justice must not be seen to be done, it should be done, as the masses will not be content with the former.

Return the bullion.

Tide

Stunned! :(

i read that and i am literally in tears, i have said for a while about banks pushing so far that........................ well no i cant say anymore , suffice to say you have seen first witness to what the banks have caused by their uncaring ways , for what, profit and even when we plead with them, yes they help, they help you to another loan so they can take even more money, i have seen weeks / months where as a small business a cheque (or couple ) has not come, then fees for going over the overdraft fee and next thing you are looking at hundreds of £'s in fees for one month, where do they expect you make the extra money from.

This last post should be framed ( with permission of the writer) as a rally call, as an incentive and as motivation to fight against the banks for what they have taken from us unlawfully, they should be held resposable for their actions, and for that, Tom Brennan is fighting, he is fighting for the effects of the charges on ordinary people like you and me, who because we believed what the banks told us, continued to LET THEM take OUR money and i say this with regret for those who took further steps, for those whos lives were Taken because of the banks GREED. :mad:

I cant say anymore

CM

• Haha 1

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Originally Posted by mrsfoot viewpost.gif

.... it is about the damage he suffered due to the loss. Please please read the whole story.....its a true insight into a very interesting case ....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs Foot,

Whose whole story is available for reading? Where? Thanks.

Don't cry for me Celicaman, the truth is....

Anyway, maybe the bubble is about to burst.

Consider the scenario where the banks have purveyed their 'win' down the ranks to boost moral and conveyed it to everybody who calls them (they are now telling all callers that "we have won, so there's no point in claiming").

They then have to admit to their staff it was a false alarm.

How many companies in the world produce reverse lights for airliners?

Tide

• Haha 1

Or as the saying goes. Always sit at the back of plane. How many planes knowingly reverse into mountains. Sorry guys. light moment. I too have had everything taken away, Almost my life when i took a flippin overdose 3 years ago. My OH had left me. Now 1 income coming into house. Would the banks listen when i wanted to change payment date to suit my salary payday. Just so i would not go overdrawn. Oh my goodness. Cant do that. Computer. It says NO. Bu*****t. Now i seem to be in a bit of a mess. Neck deep i would say. Well no more. I wish Tom all the luck in the world. Might not help me, but if one person comes through this then it will all be worh it. Sorry for rant. I am behind tom all the way x

1999 TWO CHILDREN AND ONE PARTNER DIED IN A FIRE. I was away working.

Could not work, charges etc on mortgage and interest. Could not pay.

House taken and sold for 70k less than the average of 3 valuations I had done.

Am I in a fighting mood, put it this way I have been raped financially, lost my home as if it's not bad enough losing your familing. These people care nothing about customers all they care about is PROFIT. I aint no sob story, I have managed to rebuild, but not with the help of any fair treatment from the financial lot, they can all go see it on the other side, i WILL NEVER GIVE UP AGAINST THEM NOW, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS TO BRENNANS CASE.

''I just cannot abide by injustice or the abuse of power, particularly when it is directed at the weak and vulnerable. That is why I am so determined to see this case through to the end''

That seems an odd thing for a Barrister to say. Surely the duty of a barrister is to put his client's case to the best of his ability even if he does not believe it is just

That seems an odd thing for a Barrister to say. Surely the duty of a barrister is to put his client's case to the best of his ability even if he does not believe it is just

It is an odd thing for a barrister to say but he's not representing a client.

Can't quite see what you mean

i cant believe the amount of horrilbe sad stories on here, i though i was on my own till i found this site. i had to take out loans to cover the amount of charges cause i couldnt magic money to cover the every increasing amount of charges put onto my account, in the end i had to sell my house as the stress was massive,

i hope tom is given a possitive outcome that allows his to sue them, this sends the message out to people who were too scaired to clame to clame.

NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, IF TOM IS UNSUCCESFUL THEN THE NEXT PERSON WILL STEP UP AND BE SUCCESFUL.....FROM EVERY WRONG WE LEARN THE RIGHT,

WE CANNOT LEARN WITHOUT MAKING MISTAKES FIRST!

There are just to many people here for us to lose, so i firmly believe that even if Tom is not succesful i am sure there will be someone who is successful and when that person comes along the banks better look out.

Long time ago in a galaxy FAR FAR AWAY, there lived an elf who shot banks for a living.........

Now through the power of the internet there is the CONSUMER ACTION GROUP,

Watch out they are getting crafty those pesky CRITTERS!

Banks will tell you their charges are transparent!

So is the invisible man but that does not mean he is fair or lawful.

DONT GIVE UP! FOLLOW THE CAG ADVICE AND RECLAIM YOUR CHARGES.

CAPITAL BANK! YOU ARE NEXT.

NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, IF TOM IS UNSUCCESFUL THEN THE NEXT PERSON WILL STEP UP AND BE SUCCESFUL.....FROM EVERY WRONG WE LEARN THE RIGHT,

WE CANNOT LEARN WITHOUT MAKING MISTAKES FIRST!

There are just to many people here for us to lose, so i firmly believe that even if Tom is not succesful i am sure there will be someone who is successful and when that person comes along the banks better look out.

I'm right there with you on that delboy. If he loses it will only show the world that more people are standing up to it. All publicity is good publicity and if NatWest win it'll anger people even more.

No matter what the outcome of this case, I really feal the tide is turning now. Somewhere along the line some one is going to get lucky. And about time to.

Six barristers against one...

Well that says it all,if the banks are so confident that they are doing no wrong,then why do they have to employ so many legal bodies to defend them..

there would have been seven but sleepy couldn't get up in time..

Go for it Tom Justice will be done..;)

It rather reminds me of Daniel goung into the lions den.

I think Tom Brennan is a very brave young man indeed.

I also lost my home. And my buisness, in fact everything.

My ex building society is now chasing me for 33 thousand pounds.

They may as well chase for a million as I have nothing left to give them.