Claiming beyond 6 yrs - important new information!!!

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5704 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Battleaxe

alibobsy,

I am having a second bite of the cherry and like Tanz also copped another charge after the account was supposed to be closed. I am letting the FOS handle this, and they have reported back that A & L wont cough up via FOS, so it is off to court we go.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone tell me what to do next please: I sent off my full S.A.R ages ago and received (only) 6 years of statements/charges which I am claiming for at the moment. While that claim is going through I've been trying to get First Direct to send me the info for the other years I've been with them (1.5). I've sent them the "breach of Data Protection Act" letter, giving them 7 days and again requesting the info or signed proof of its destruction etc.

They have partly responded to this (but mixed in with a settlement letter they have sent me on the other claim) and have said that they are only obliged to hold data for 6 years. They haven't said they haven't got it, but they haven't said they have got it either and they certainly haven't sent it.

Can I actually take them to court for not providing the data or at least for not giving me a definitive answer if they've got it or not? Where do I stand taking someone to court for something I'm not sure they've got and that I can't prove either way? Whats next? Do I send them another letter giving them 7 days before court? Do I actually take them to court after the 7 days?

OR Can I make a claim for estimated charges based on my 6 year average? Where do I stand with this?

Thanks.

I'm not really a Big Fat Greedy Banker so please don't treat me like one. ;)

Hi Battleaxe, I'm also going back to A & L for another bite of the corporate cherry. Would you be good enough to look over my Prelim letter and make any comments you feel are appropriate please? My thread can be found here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester/87004-please-read-my-proposed.html

Any idea when BF will update the template to allow for 6+ years claims?

Cheers ROS

RiPoFfStOpPeR

BUT HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY ATTEMPTED TO GET MORE THAN 6 YEARS? not finding a lot of info on this and definately not getting anywhere with getting my statements, maybe I should just fire offa fictious figure and see if they defend? BF?:razz:

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

Hi

Have you checked out bongs claim, 13 years worth........ inspiring

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/76820-calling-all-hsbc-claimants.html#post671596

and

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/26172-mindzai-lucid-lloyds-tsb.html

another pioneer, and one to follow, both have helped inspire me to start 20 year claims ( actually just finished doing spreadsheet, i am totally pink eyed now , hell its 11pm and the bar just opening ) :D

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Sorry second thread is contractual interest not claim over 6 years, but there are others

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Skegg, I'm currently working on 10 years with LTSB and 7 years with Cap1.

Does that count ;)

Admittedly it took some work to get the statements from LTSB, but I had help from, of all places, their own Internet Banking Help people.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Good evening all:)

Well, I've had no response from Halifax to my LBA in respect of 10 years worth of charges and am just about to embark on piecing together my POC.

I'd appreciate a point in the right direction with whether or not to make reference to the Limitations Act? I have read through various threads but most notiably Bong Vs HSBC thread who has mentioned it from the offset and Glenn Vs Abbey thread who has advised not to until it is brought up.

HELP:confused:

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Well, I've had no response from Halifax to my LBA in respect of 10 years worth of charges and am just about to embark on piecing together my POC.

I'd appreciate a point in the right direction with whether or not to make reference to the Limitations Act? I have read through various threads but most notiably Bong Vs HSBC thread who has mentioned it from the offset and Glenn Vs Abbey thread who has advised not to until it is brought up.

I'm fast reaching this point with RBS so I'll "double" muggins' request.

Thanks kenny, I'll highlight once more...for the both of us:D

We are open to suggestions.......anyone?

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Hi Im new to this and hope this message go,s to the right place. I have just sent a letter to barclays requesting statments but used Martins money template. I therefor only request 6 years worth of info. Is there any way of now asking for the other 3 years that I've held the account?:???:

Bump.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

I personally would include it from POC stage. There is no duty to refer to it in POC or at all unless they raise it in their defence, however, I know one user had her POC returned and told to take out the older charges where she did not refer to the Limitation Actin her POC. Also another court struck out a claim on its own motion where the claim was entirely made up of an ERC outside the limitation period. Also its more likely that the defendant will apply to have part of the claim struck out. There is the opportunity to object to strike out, however, this is more likely to end up in a hearing. Including the Limitation Act in your POC will not completely eleminate the risk of strike out but would make it less likely.

I am trying to get statements from NatWest on an old business account I have a/c number and sort code but they are giving me the has anybody managed to obtain old stsements from NatWest? Any help on how to do this will be greatly appreciated

I personally would include it from POC stage. There is no duty to refer to it in POC or at all unless they raise it in their defence, however, I know one user had her POC returned and told to take out the older charges where she did not refer to the Limitation Actin her POC. Also another court struck out a claim on its own motion where the claim was entirely made up of an ERC outside the limitation period. Also its more likely that the defendant will apply to have part of the claim struck out. There is the opportunity to object to strike out, however, this is more likely to end up in a hearing. Including the Limitation Act in your POC will not completely eleminate the risk of strike out but would make it less likely.

Thank you kindly:)

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

I am about to do my court bundle, of which some of my charges are 6 years plus. Should I include the LA in my bundle, to prempt them?

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Yes money!

Innocent :D

:D CLICK MY SCALES IF I HAVE BEEN USEFUL :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

Start 26/4 LBA 7/6 conLBA 22/1 N1 12/3 AQ 3/5/07ONHOLD

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

Start 2/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

MONUMENT VISA

Start 1/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

The continued concealment of their penalty charges, and the blind-siding using their 'transparent and open/clear T&C's' are enough to use the section32 voiding of the Limitations Act, and 'vitiate' any full & final offer previously agreed.!

Pers

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.