Accused of shoplifting - shop manager contacted employer offering his CCTV and i might get sacked - is this even legal under GDPR!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 98 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you. That means that you have dismissal rights and they have to be careful.

Obviously let us know what happens at the meeting but for me the most interesting thing for you in terms of compensation is the misuse of data by the manager of the shop.

That is very serious and we will be interested to see the result of the subject access request.

Make sure you keep all information safe

Also, do you know the name of the manager of the shop? Or any of the other staff 

Hola, hello everyone

I tried to avoid saying this in a public forum but I'm a mental ill person and have struggled all my life. I'm not ashamed but was very quiet about it.

Today after having a bad episode of panic I went to the psychiatric and he was furious.

I'm not going to explain with detail but I had a lot of trauma, losses and fears going on that never affected my job.

He said I'm classified as a disable person because of my anxiety and depression issues plus and sadly I'm in the worse menopause, hypothyroidism and chronic pain ever.

Said he would love to see the headteacher dismiss me and sent me a sick note for 2 weeks,

he said he can happily give me one for another 2 weeks and like that till the end of the term because of the trauma exposed to me with her attitude.

Tomorrow I have my meeting

I'm terrified and scared but I have a new therapist, mediocre and help from the NHS,

I feel more positive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well done for telling us this. It must be very difficult to deal with and it must be very difficult to have opened up to us.

You are right not to be ashamed. There's nothing wrong with having these difficulties and it is ridiculous that having panics and anxiety is somehow more shameful than simply being physically ill.

Your therapist is right to be absolutely furious. The whole thing is really quite disgraceful.
Good luck with the meeting tomorrow. Try to keep calm, of course – take notes during the meeting if you can and certainly as already suggested, try and make a full account of what happened in the meeting as soon as you get out while it is all completely fresh in your mind.

Then update us.

Sorry for all the spelling mistakes!!! I'm actually a good teacher, just can't see the letters after crying for 6 days.

I wasn't going to play the mental illness card but I'm going to do everything in my hands to deal with this. 

I have some days when I can't even remember crossing the road or handling hot plates without noticing.

After I leave the school and routine my brain just shut down and its all fog and sadness with the most depressing thoughts and however I never took a day off in all this years.

I'm tired of telling her I didn't took anything from the shop and her accusations of me bringing disgrace to the school name. 

I'm exhausted all this week has been horrendous. If she wants to be a b*tch I'm going to be the mental ill person.

Thank you for everything 

BTW Savers dismissed the manager but I'm not going to stop, I'm after the business.

We will help you deal with the business.

Keep us updated and particularly give us a full rundown of the meeting tomorrow.

I wonder how come the business knew that the manager had done this. Do you have the name of the manager?

Also, when are you next seeing your therapist? Presumably you have told them everything about what has happened and about Savers. Let your therapist know that you may need a written report as to your condition and the effect upon you which has been caused by this data protection abuse

Yes I have the name of the Manager I asked to Savers for it. 

Therapist told me he was going to help me to fight my headteacher for emotional abuse and help with the Data protection case (my headteacher told me it doesn't apply to her because she's a headteacher and she can see any cctv she asked for)

Hi

Further to what you have stated that the Head Teacher states she can see any CCTV she asks for.

I assume she was specifically referring to Savers CCTV.

With the above you need to make sure you ask this question at your meeting and specifically refer to that store Savers and that you want this and the Head Teachers response noted.

Another question to ask is Has the Education Departments Data Protection Officer been informed.

As for the above she is absolutely incorrect as I have previously stated the only people outside that Savers shop that have a Legal Right to view that CCTV for your Scenario is the Police not any Head Teacher who thinks the are above the Data Protection Act 2018.

Another point on her statement is the Schools/Education Departments Data Protection Policy will NOT cover anywhere outside that Schools Property more specifically that Savers Store so again that Head Teacher had no right whatsoever to view that CCTV under the Schools Data Protection Policy.

You keep you head held high and it's easy for may to say it on a Forum and look after yourself

Oh almost forgot if you are only given their evidence they are relying on at the meeting you are within your right to ask for the meeting to be adjourned for say 15-30 minutes so you have time to read their evidence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • I agree 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

2 hours ago, makkyinuk said:

I tried to avoid saying this in a public forum but I'm a mental ill person

:clap2:

1 hour ago, makkyinuk said:

BTW Savers dismissed the manager but I'm not going to stop, I'm after the business.

:thumb:

2 hours ago, makkyinuk said:

He said I'm classified as a disable person because of my anxiety and depression issues plus 

Said he would love to see the headteacher dismiss me.//..issued me with a two weeks sick note // and will issue more

if this all goes right, you could be setup for life through compensation and never have to work again if you don't want too.

i can't say who but very personally i know someone that was accused of something sexual that never happened, it was a trait of their condition. 

that was 20yrs ago. they got over £300k out of the education authority for wrongful dismissal etc etc. 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm afraid that I disagreed to a certain extent with my site team colleague @stu007

it is not at all clear that the head teacher does not have a legal right to look at the CCTV. I think I have already suggested above that your Head Teacher may well have a responsibility to the safety of the children to at least acknowledge the video and to consider what is in the best interests of the children – even if it is contrary to your own best interests.
This is a difficult area.
On the other hand, by receiving CCTV, it now forms part of the school's collection of personal data about you and therefore they have duties to process it accurately, not to share it, to delete it at some point – but we will deal with that once we know the result of your meeting today.

What is absolutely clear though is that your Head Teacher should understand that there has been no finding of guilt and that the CCTV has been made available illegally and so any action that the head teacher takes should bear that in mind and should be proportionate.

I'm still trying to understand whether you have seen the CCTV footage and whether you have a copy. Do you know if the head teacher has a copy?
Certainly the business has acted illegally. Once we know the result of your meeting today then we will start to help you take action and you can be certain that you will receive some useful compensation.
I'm not at all sure whether I agree with my site team colleague @dx100uk that the compensation will be as generous.

Incidentally, how do you know that the shop manager has been sacked?

Hola

A very strange meeting, quite a little bit of worries about me suing the shop... I'm coming back Monday. She even hug me.

No tears from my side which it's extraordinary, I think I'm full dry.

I been in contact all this time with the CEO of the shop, a very nice guy

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, makkyinuk said:

I been in contact all this time with the CEO of the shop, a very nice guy

He should be nice. He could be on the wrong end of expensive legal action.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Sorry but it is not really possible to understand what you are saying about this meeting.

Are you talking about the meeting with your head teacher? What happened? You talked about somebody hugging you. Was this ahead teacher?

Do we gather that they are on your side?

Please can you give us a detailed account of the meeting.

We really can't understand what you are saying otherwise

18 hours ago, makkyinuk said:

I wasn't going to play the mental illness card but I'm going to do everything in my hands to deal with this.

Well done on returning to the fray more positive! Echoing Bankfoddder, this will make you stronger.

I understand your reluctance, but as you say: if they want to play hardball, then you've got to play the cards you've been dealt.

Respect 👍🏼

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

Incidentally, you shouldn't worry about suing the shop. In fact you wouldn't be suing the shop for data protection. You would be suing the head office/business and you should do it.

I would expect that the amount of compensation would quite reasonably amount into a few thousands of pounds

However we need to know the whole story

• Like 1