MET/CST ANPR PCN Claimform - occupants left carpark - (346) SOUTHGATE PARK STANSTED CM24 1PY. **CLAIM DISCONTINUED**

Which Court have you received the claim from ? Civil National Business Centre, Northampton, NN1 2LH

Name of the Claimant : MET services Ltd

Claimants Solicitors: CST Law

Date of issue – 7 December 2023

Date for AOS - 25th dec

Date to submit Defence - 8th jan

What is the claim for  

1.The Claim is for unpaid parking and collection charges for parking in a private car park managed by the Claimant. 

2.The Defendant contravened the Claimant's displayed terms and conditions in the car park located at (346) SOUTHGATE PARK STANSTED CM24 1PY. 

3.The breach occurred on 2022-06-24 and for which Parking Charge Notices were issued.

4. The Defendant is the Driver and/or Hirer and/or Owner of the Vehicle with Registration Number XXXX XXX to which parking charges relate. 

The Claimant claims:

1. The sum of £170.00 GBP for monies relating to the parking charge/s as set out above. 

2. Interest in the sum of 18.67 GBP pursuant to s69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% pa from 22/07/22 to date, or such other rate as the court deems fit. 

3. Interest heron in at the same rate until judgement or sooner payment at the daily rate of 0.04 GBP

What is the value of the claim?

Amount Claimed £188.67

court fees £35.00

legal rep fees £50.00

Total Amount £273.67

Have you moved since the issuance of the PCN? (y/N - if Y state Date too) NO

Did you receive a letter of Claim With A reply Pack wanting I&E etc about 1mth before the claimform? NO

Hi,

I have received a county court claim from CST Law (claimant MET Services Limited) for parking in the Southgate Park, Stansted. 

Parking was for approx 30 minutes, and visited both Starbucks and McDonalds premises. 

I have not responded to any letters or responded to the Notice of Registered Keeper which was dated over 14 days after date of contravention. 

But as this has now proceeded to a court claim I would appreciate any help and advise on how to proceed?

1 Date of the infringement 24 June 2022

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 19th July 2022

3 Date received One or two days after 19th July 2022

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No

7 Who is the parking company? MET Services Ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Southgate Park, Stansted Airport

I think you have, apologies. We're more used to seeing the ticket and claimform stickies answered separately. I see they're trying the claim against the driver/keeper/hirer stunt again.

So the next thing you need to do is to sign up to MCOL and do the AoS. Then we can start looking at a defence for you.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks for all the information.

Well done on not corresponding with MET and not outing the driver.

Nick is spot on that we need to see their letters, in particular their original invoice as there is a very good chance it hasn't established keeper liability, and also we need to see if they respected the court process and issued a Letter of Claim.

This car park is a scam site and has been shown up as a scam on national television.

For years & years MET didn't dare chance court but in the last month we've seen a spate of court claims.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to MET/CST ANPR PCN - Southgate Park, Stansted
  • dx100uk changed the title to MET/CST ANPR PCN - (346) SOUTHGATE PARK STANSTED CM24 1PY.

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform

.register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site
Go to HMRC's login page.

Click the GREEN sign in button.
Click “Create sign in details”
Enter your email address where asked.
You will now be emailed a confirmation code. ...

You will now be issued with a User ID for your government gateway account.
 note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.
then log in to the MCOL Website

.select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.

.then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

.get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

.you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.

you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.

thread title updated.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to MET/CST ANPR PCN Claimform- (346) SOUTHGATE PARK STANSTED CM24 1PY.

The POC are a mess...

"The defendant is the Driver and/or hirer and/or owner of the vehicle"

They missed out "and/or the keeper"

Mind you they can't transfer liability to the keeper, as the NTK was well out of time.

Might be a good time to modify the defence a little, this time guys??

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Is there not a limitation period on the difference between the PAPLOC and the claim form?

I feel like waiting 10 months to issue the claimform is unreasonable and is them trying to inflate the interest as high as possible!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

They have 6 years from when they issue their first invoice...

2 minutes ago, lolerz said:

I feel like waiting 10 months to issue the claimform is unreasonable and is them trying to inflate the interest as high as possible!

Exactly so!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

For the statute of limitations sure.

But their PAPLOC was issued on 10th February 2023 and their claim form was issued 7th December 2023.

10 months to go from Letter before claim to claim form? Seems unreasonable to me, I would have thought after that time another letter of claim would have been needed.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

What is the timing of the protocols?

A letter of claim needs to be sent to the client before you issue a claim. If they do not reply within 30 days, then you can start court proceedings.

However, if the client replies to say that they are taking advice, or want more information from you, or want time to reach agreement on instalments, you must give them reasonable time to do this.

If agreement is not reached, then you still have to give at least 14 days’ notice of your intention to start court proceedings, unless the limitation period is about to expire.

• dx100uk changed the title to MET/CST ANPR PCN Claimform - occupants left carpark - (346) SOUTHGATE PARK STANSTED CM24 1PY.

NTK date of issue is 25 days from event date - out of time to create keeper liability, that's your defence, you weren't driving and are not obliged to say who was (anyway it was your friend from overseas who you have since fallen out with and they have returned home) and the PPC can't use POPLA to create keeper liability therefore the case should not progress to be heard.

• Like 1

no please don't you don't know who people are on here

either of you could be a plant.

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You can easily follow each other's threads.  Just click "Follow" at the top of the thread.  That way you'll get an automatic e-mail when the thread is updated.

Any doubts you have, just ask on your thread.  The regulars will be happy to help.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

if you post on a thread you are automatically following 

dx

and they

Hi everyone,

I know I have until the 8th of January to submit my defence on MCOL but as Christmas and New Year is fast approaching just wanted to get my ducks in a row and any helpful advice/comments on my defence while you guys are still around. 

I've had a look through the forums and understand that a generic defence at this stage needs to be submitted. 

I am assuming the following wording is ok, but any comments or advice much appreciated, as this is not my area of expertise and have never dealt with a court claim before.

The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4.  The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1.  The Defendant is the recorded keeper of [XXXX XXX]. The Claimant is not in a position to state if the Defendant was the driver at the time.

2.  It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant.

3.  As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance.  The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner.  Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. 

4.  It is denied that the Defendant breached any terms and conditions set on private land.

5.  It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant, or broke any such contract.

6.  The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety.  It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all.