• Tweets

• Excellent news! Thread title updated. Please do consider a donation in light of the help received here. The help we give is free, but try telling that to our server hosts!
    • Hello dx100uk, After months of waiting for a response I finally got a reply and I must say it was the worst 4 months of my life the - fear of the unknown. So, they wrote back and said I was in the wrong BUT on this occasion they  would not take action but keep me on file for the next 12 months. It. was the biggest relief of my life a massive weight lifted -  I would like to thank you and the team for all your support
    • I have contacted the sofa shop who are sending someone out tomorrow to inspect the furniture. I suspect if anything a replacement will be offered although I would prefer a refund. Few photos of the wear in the material, this is how it was delivered.  
    • Yup, for goodness sake she needs to stop paying right now, DCA's are powerless, as .  Is it showing on their credit file? Best to use Check my file. All of the above advice is excellent, definitely SAR the loan company as soon as possible.
    • Hi all, I am wandering if this is appealable. It has already been through a challenge on the Islington website and the it was rejected. Basically there was a suspended bay sign on a post on Gee st which was obscured by a Pizza van. The suspension was for 3 bays outside 47 Gee st. I parked outside/between 47 & 55 Gee st. I paid via the phone system using a sign a few meters away from my car. When I got back to the car there was a PCN stuck to the windscreen which I had to dry out before I could read it due to rain getting into the plastic sticky holder.  I then appealed using the Islington website which was then rejected the next day. I have attached a pdf of images that I took and also which the parking officer took. There are two spaces in front of the van, one of which had a generator on it the other was a disabled space. I would count those as 3 bays? In the first image circled in red is the parking sign I read. In the 2nd image is the suspension notice obscured by the van. I would have had to stand in the middle of the road to read this, in fact that's where I was standing when I took the photo. I have pasted the appeal and rejection below. Many thanks for looking. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This is my appeal statement: As you can see from the image attached (image 1) I actually paid £18.50 to park my car in Gee st. I parked the car at what I thought was outside 55 Gee st as seen in image 2 attached. When I read the PCN issued it stated there was a parking suspension. There was no suspension notice on the sign that I used to call the payment service outside number 55 Gee st. I looked for a suspension notice and eventually found one which was obscured by a large van and generator parked outside 47 Gee st. As seen in images 3 and 4 attached. I am guessing the parking suspension was to allow the Van to park and sell Pizza during the Clerkenwell design week. I was not obstructing the use or parking of the van, in fact the van was obstructing the suspension notice which meant I could not read or see it without prior knowledge it was there. I would have had to stand in the road to see it endangering myself as I had to to take images to illustrate the hidden notice. As there was no intention to avoid a parking charge and the fact the sign was not easily visible I would hope this challenge can be accepted. Many thanks.   This is the text from the rejection: Thank you for contacting us about the above Penalty Charge Notice (PCN). The PCN was issued because the vehicle was parked in a suspended bay or space. I note from your correspondence that there was no suspension notice on the sign that you used to call the payment serve outside number 55 Gee Street. I acknowledge your comments, however, your vehicle was parked in a bay which had been suspended. The regulations require the suspension warning to be clearly visible. It is a large bright yellow sign and is erected by the parking bay on the nearest parking plate to the area that is to be suspended. Parking is then not permitted in the bay for any reason or period of time, however brief. The signs relating to this suspension were sited in accordance with the regulations. Upon reviewing the Civil Enforcement Officer's (CEO's) images and notes, I am satisfied that sufficient signage was in place and that it meets statutory requirements. Whilst I note that the signage may have been obstructed by a large van and generator at the time, please note, it is the responsibility of the motorist to locate and check the time plate each time they park. This will ensure that any changes to the status of the bay are noted. I acknowledge that your vehicle possessed a RingGo session at the time, however, this does not authorize parking within a suspended bay. Suspension restrictions are established to facilitate specific activities like filming or construction, therefore, we anticipate the vehicle owner to relocate the vehicle from the suspended area until the specified date and time when the suspension concludes. Leaving a vehicle unattended for any period of time within a suspended bay, effectively renders the vehicle parked in contravention and a Civil Enforcement Officer (CEO) may issue a PCN. Finally, the vehicle was left parked approximately 5 metres away from the closest time plate notice. It is the responsibility of the driver to ensure they park in a suitable parking place and check all signs and road markings prior to leaving their vehicle parked in contravention. It remains the driver's responsibility to ensure that the vehicle is parked legally at all times. With that being said, I would have to inform you, your appeal has been rejected at this stage. Please see the below images as taken by the CEO whilst issuing the PCN: You should now choose one of the following options: Pay the penalty charge. We will accept the discounted amount of £65.00 in settlement of this matter, provided it is received by 10 June 2024. After that date, the full penalty charge of £130.00 will be payable. Or Wait for a Notice to Owner (NtO) to be issued to the registered keeper of the vehicle, who is legally responsible for paying the penalty charge. Any further correspondence received prior to the NtO being issued may not be responded to. The NtO gives the recipient the right to make formal representations against the penalty charge. If we reject those representations, there will be the right of appeal to the Environment and Traffic Adjudicator.   Gee st pdf.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Evri left parcel in full view on street

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 96 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My parcel was actually delivered by Evri to the terrace house but the buyer wasnt at home ( sunday) the driver left the parcel on the 5 steps up to the door which is On the street and when the buyer came home the parcel had gone, he only knew it had been delivered by the card through the door.

He went onto the website to see proof of delivery picture which does show the parcel on the steps but who in their right mind would not think its going to be stolen ?

Ive messaged Evri opening a case but they have replied with " Parcel found" and case closed.

I didnt take out protection.

Would i have a claim because the evri driver has left the parcel so anyone could steal it ?

He might aswell of just thrown it out of the vans window.

Yes I think you will have a claim.

Please can you tell us more about it:
what was the item?
Was it correctly identified?
What was the value?
Was the value correctly declared?
I understand that you sold this item. Was this through eBay? To use 1/3 party broker such as Packlink or did you deal with EVRi directly?

Please answer these questions and also spend at least a couple of days – seriously, a couple of days – reading lots of the stories on the sub- forum. Most them will involve EVRi – but it doesn't matter if they involve other parcel delivery companies. The principles are the same.

It is important that you understand the basis of your claim and the way that it will go.

Answer the questions now, do the reading and then come back here in a couple of days

Thank you for that ...

I have read a few posts on here about evri but they were to do with Evri losing the parcel in their network and not having the item stolen once delivered, its the fact that the parcel was left in plain sight where anyone walking past could just pick it up.

The item was a cars power steering pipe worth £100 which i sold on ebay and ive refunded the buyer.

I used Parcel2go to book the postage with Evri and its value was declared.

I'll have a read through some posts and think about what to do , id usually just leave it but its the fact it was just left in plain view

Please read the stories and come back here. There is no reason why you should give up. Your chances of success are excellent. You have a picture of where the parcel was left. Maybe you could post that here please

Hi

So Evri using the tactic of Photographic evidence of the parcel at your front door so it has been delivered case closed really.

That parcel irrespective of there photographic evidence unless you agreed for them to deliver it in that manner has not been delivered as it was not handed to the customer so there excuse is a load of bull.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

6 hours ago, ProperDribbly said:

My parcel was actually delivered by Evri to the terrace house but the buyer wasnt at home

would have been nice if the buyer had responded to the email from evri asking what to do with the parcel before delivery....

be careful here, you have to prove evri acted irresponsibly.

it would be nice of the buyer would answer a simple question from you, has he had parcels from them before and stipulated delivery instructions?

that might help your case.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

I sent Evri a complaint via the Resolver website and attached is their reply.

I initially went through Parcel2go to book the delivery and apparently my case is with them ? But at least Evri have said that leaving the parcel wasn't a safe place ....

Evri's reply

"" Hi Andrew,

Thank you for getting in touch with your enquiry regarding parcel reference ........

Im sorry to hear that you have experienced a problem with this delivery and I can appreciate how frustrating this situation must be for you and your recipient.

I can see that you purchased the shipping label for this parcel via Parcel2Go. While your parcel was sent using the Evri network, Parcel2Go are regarded as the carrier in this situation as they provided you with the shipping label. This means that any claims for parcels which have become lost, damaged or delivered late will need to go directly to them so they can discuss the appropriate next steps with you.

Here is a useful link which may assist you:
Parcel2Go Help Centre: https://www.parcel2go.com/help-centre

I understand that you would like to raise this as a complaint so therefore I am going to add the courier onto the non compliance list for leaving your parcel on the door step which we do not class as a safe location. Once the courier is added onto the list, the Field Manager will be fully aware and internal actions will be taken place.

We will ensure going forward, your parcels are delivered to your satisfactory needs but if you do require any further assistance on this matter then please do feel free to respond back to my email.  """

Now didn't take out extra insurance but surely I can claim with consumer rights ?

resolver is useless you should have written using royal mail.

as with 100's of threads here eVRI are your target.

delivery photos now as pdf in post above

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Firstly, we asked you to do a substantial amount reading in order for you to understand the principles.

Have you done the reading? Your last question relating to insurance suggest very strongly that you haven't done the reading at all. This is a self-help forum and although we will direct you and guide you and help you with your documents, you must at least meet us halfway. We don't get paid. We are just volunteers and you have to take some responsibility.
It will also help your confidence and so that you will be better placed to take control of the claim as it proceeds through the courts – which is absolutely where it will go.

Please will you do the reading

Secondly, you raise a complaint to Resolver. When you do this? If you are seeking help from more than one source then we suggest that you stick with Resolver rather than try to ride two horses at the same time and received possibly conflicting and confusing advice.

Once again, what we do here is completely free. We don't want to compete with some organisation. The people at Resolver are paid and if you have gone to them then it is better that you stick with them so that we can get on helping other people who have decided simply to take advice from us.

Please will you clarify

As stated I used Resolver because I could up load pictures to Evri showing wider images of the steps Showing that the steps are basically on the street which you can Not do on their live chat.

I haven't done the reading No, I don't understand it , I've read The courier industry insurance requirements are unenforceable because: but I'm lost .

Anyway Thanks I'll leave it

• Sad 3

I'm sorry you feel that way. We would suggest that you keep and try to do the reading. It will become clear and if you try to understand it and then ask us questions will be happy to help you.

However please understand that all information is here. We spend many hours helping people on the same issues and we don't have time to keep on repeating ourselves every new case.

You can win this and you will feel better about it and not only that, you will learn enough about the principles involved in the small claims process to be able to go on and be more confident about dealing with other companies who treat you in this way.

dont let evri win!!! issue your claim and go to mediation!!! 

WE WILL HELP YOU WIN IT!!!

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Morning ...

Ive been emailing Evri through Resolver which I'm using just as a portal to Evri nothing more and I've an update.

After several replies from Evri saying my contract was with Parcel2go so it's them who I need to contact and me replying with the Third right act ect ect Evri have today said I can make a claim through their claim process but I'm just worried that they will repeat that it's to do with Parcel2go and close the claim wasting time .

Should I go through their claim process or stick with the Third right act ... ?

P.s.   Thank you for the help so far, if it was for a smaller amount I probably wouldn't bother but £100 is too much to lose.

You have been bringing your complaint through Resolver so what do they advise you to do?

Why don't you simply stay with them?

First of all, the Resolver staff are paid. We are not. We are all volunteers. Therefore it is unhelpful to find people try to ride two horses at one time. They makes our job harder and it can create confusion because you can get conflicting advice.
If you want help from us, then we are very happy to give you the support you need but we are not interested in competing with another organisation and you really should make up your mind and we would suggest that you go to Resolver.

You start dealing with this only two weeks ago and it seems to me that you haven't moved on it at all. This would not be our style.
You would probably have sent a letter of claim by now and be on the verge of issuing court claim.

Why are you going against EVRi? Why not against the broker that used?

I don't understand why you felt that there was some advantage in communicating with the courier company indirectly through a third party intermediary.

Have you done the reading that I suggested? About two weeks ago you said that you have read only a few posts.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Yes I know the Resolver staff are paid you have mentioned it before and the fact that here is voluntary , I know.

As I've said , I am only using resolver to email Evri as if i go through the live chat there will be a case opened and then when they decide it will be closed and that's that,  where I've found if I go through Resolver that can't happen, now let's forget about Resolver.

I have NOT asked Resolver their opinion or help and they have NOT said anything to me. 

I opened a case with Parcel2go on the day of it being stolen and they opened a case which was closed the following day saying the parcel had been found which isn't what I asked for , I'm sick of them just closing cases it's like banging your head against a brick wall so I'm going for Evri

question is , Should I accept Evri's offer of going through their claim process. 

I think you should send a letter of claim to p2g.

And in terms of forgetting resolver,  you are the person who keeps on bringing them up

Draft your letter of claim and post it here.

It's a shame about the delay. This could have been done almost two weeks ago

2 hours ago, Nicky Boy said:

Hi,  Thank you ,   I've already read that along with a few others

Waiting for your draft letter of claim.

sue parcel2go,

They're legal department are worse than evris.

They'll just tell you stories.

• I agree 1

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service