Parking Eye PCN for shopping over 1 hr - Lidl carpark Worthing ***Cancelled by Lidl***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So is there any point in continuing to try to make Lidl change their mind at all ? What other reasonings could I invoke ? 

should I just wait a reply from the one addressed to the CEO? 

also, a lot of threads here are missing an outcome. How many of those ( and who agreed to do nothing) get dragged into court? The majority ? Some ? Or all of them ? 

People seem to be pretty quick to come back if a problem arises but I agree it's frustrating when there's no outcome shown. Hopefully you will keep us updated to the end. :)

For more reading, have a look at our Successes thread. Start with the most recent.

HB

• Thanks 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Sometimes the rogues don't take motorists to court at all-probably because they think they will probably lose. Unlikely to be the fact that they don't need the money.🙂

Another reason could be that the motorist has won and doesn't want to come back and tell us to avoid making a contribution. Other times they have missed the Court hearing and lost or just lost anyway- perhaps the Judge took a contrary view. These are just some of the reasons but it is frustrating when we don't know the outcome.  

It is good to get the feedback from the hearing win or lose. If a win then we know that a particular reason that didn't appear to us to be the strongest argument was the winner. Equally we can glean reasons how to improve cases that were lost so the next similar case can be more successful.

We cannot win them all but that is what we aim to do. In your case you have three options.

1] pay them

2] appeal to Lidl

3' wait and see if the have the courage to take you to court. They don't always and there doesn't seem much point in poking them to take you to Court. Just keep your head down and hope they ignore you. 

• Like 1

Thanks, lfi. Great points. Totally agree that knowing the outcome-good or bad is invaluable to the remarkable job you and the other selfless people do on this forum. It’s frustrating for passive readers so it must be even more so for you who dedicate your time and knowledge. 

As for my 3 options you listed: 

1 paying them feels so wrong 

2 what else could I say when appealing to Lidl? 
3 worst case scenario: they take me to court and I lose- will they be adding costs, interest and other made up charges or did I read right that P-eye don’t usually do that ?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Nicky Boy said:

Out of interest,  I know it's been suggested before,  but is there any mileage in threatening to add Lidl as a 3rd party to any legal action?

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I'm currently on holiday and had a few drinks...😁

We've threatened it a few times to try to push some of the organ grinders into action, but that's it, it's only ever been a threat.

I'm not sure how it would work, despite me having actually added someone as a third party to a claim ... but in 1982 so the old memory is playing up!

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

How about one last email with a strong suggestion that if the fleecers do court and lose, you will then make a gdpr claim against themselves as the fleecers are their agents.

Also ask for a copy of their contract with the fleecers, to allow you to consider whether to appeal or not.

A contract could be VERY useful later on.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you are a regular visitor to Lidl and often pay by card you can show that you are a good customer that they should want to keep. 

That you were there to shop  and therefore a good customer. you were not parked there to go shopping somewhere else.

You like shopping there but as there are so many items of of interest  one hour is not long enough especially  if  a] you are no longer as young as you were or b] disabled in some way that slow you down or c ] you were unwell when there   or d] you weren't even there as you weren't the driver and give reason why the driver overstayed.

Politicians have brought out a new Code of Conduct for what they call "the rogues" but you know one of them as Parking Eye who are more interested in making money out of Lidl customers than running a proper monitoring system  to control non Lidl shoppers.

PE have not complied with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 which means they cannot transfer the charge from the driver to me the keeper. I was not the driver so am very unhappy at being pursued by PE for something I am not liable for.

There is very little point in appealing to PE since they are reluctant to cancel PCNs .

Suggest that you show the letter to your CEO since you would hope that he would see the common sense in cancelling the PCN for a genuine regular customer.

Something along those lines.  I am not fond of threatening them when hoping to get a positive result.

• Thanks 1

Here’s the reply to my last e-mail to Lidl where I pointed out all those things suggested by lfi. 

Re: Parking Charge Notice

Thank you for getting in touch again. 

I appreciate this is an upsetting matter and I am sorry that you were unhappy with our previous response. 

As advised all correspondence to our CEO is dealt with by us at Customer Services. I must again reiterate we are unable to cancel parking charges at Lidl. 

This is now our final response on this matter and we will not be responding further. 

Thank you again for contacting us. 

Yours sincerely, 
For and on behalf of Lidl Great Britain Limited 

Kim Richmond
Customer Service

The staff are obviously reading from a script forced on them by a higher boss. 

The Lidl route is closed.

• Like 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 2 weeks later...

Well well well.. an unexpected surprise following the e-mail to Lidl’s CEO. 
A happy ending to the little fight I embarked  on a few weeks ago.

Thank you all for your great advice along the way. 

Re: Lidl Store: 34 North Street Worthing

Thank you for taking the time to contact our GEO. I have been asked to respond on his behalf as a member of our Customer Service Management Team.

I would like to apologise for the upset caused due to receiving a parking charge while shopping at your store. I would like to assure you these restrictions are not in place to penalise genuine customers like yourself.

I have been in touch with our Regional Office regarding your parking charge and I am please to advise you that this has now been cancelled .

I hope th is assures you of our best intentions at Lidl and that you will remain a valued Lidl customer.

We look forward to welcoming you in our store again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

For and on behalf of lidl Great Britain limited
Beth Gallagher
Customer Service

IMG_3469.pdf

• Like 1

Which idiot wrote -

On 12/05/2023 at 23:38, FTMDave said:

The staff are obviously reading from a script forced on them by a higher boss.

The Lidl route is closed.

- shows how much he knows!

Well done with persevering for so long!

So how did you manage to turn "no, no, no, no, no" into "yes"?

• Haha 1

• FTMDave changed the title to Parking Eye PCN for shopping over 1 hr - Lidl carpark Worthing ***Cancelled by Lidl***

Ahh.. that guy! 🤓😅

Not sure what exactly helped swaying them but in the last e-Mail to my mate Ryan 😂, I appealed to his sense of justice🤓 in reference to the company’s pledge to their customers. But who knows.. 

See E-mail below 

Dear Ryan

Please see attached the latest e-mail received from Lidl Customer Service who has refused for the 6th time to act on a genuine loyal customer’s plea to cancel a PCN received as a result of doing a weekly shop where £105 was spent. 

I can understand if the driver had parked in Lidl carpark and shopped elsewhere but to be a customer spending over £100 in store and then to receive a fine of £90 for not getting out of the carpark fast enough is incredibly unfair and upsetting. 

Does this treatment to a genuine customer align with Lidl’s mission: 

To deliver outstanding customer satisfaction

Please take the time and respond compassionately by rectifying this injustice and instruct Parking Eye to cancel the PCN Ref :..

Refer your friends and relatives here if they face similar situations.

Also, I see no-one has mentioned it yet... Everyone here are volunteers.

The only funding for the website comes from the ads you see and donations using the "donate" button further down the page. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Good points well made, NB

I will always refer people in need to this amazing site. 

the fact that those who restlessly help here are volunteers is even more admiring. 

I have just made a small donations. Thank you for your prompt. Really appreciate all the help. Keep doing what you do best. X

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Superb result well done.

• Like 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!