• Tweets

• Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
    • its not about the migrants .. Barrister Helena Kennedy warns that the Conservatives will use their victory over Rwanda to dismantle the law that protects our human rights here in the UK.   Angela Rayner made fun of Rishi Sunak’s height in a fiery exchange at Prime Minister’s Questions, which prompted Joe Murphy to ask: just how low will Labour go? .. well .. not as low as sunak 
    • From #38 where you wrote the following, all in the 3rd person so we don't know which party is you. When you sy it was your family home, was that before or after? " A FH split to create 2 Leasehold adjoining houses (terrace) FH remains under original ownership and 1 Leasehold house sold on 100y+ lease. . Freeholder resides in the other Leasehold house. The property was originally resided in as one house by Freeholder"
    • The property was our family home.  A fixed low rate btl/ development loan was given (last century!). It was derelict. Did it up/ was rented out for a while.  Then moved in/out over the years (mostly around school)  It was a mix of rental and family home. The ad-hoc rents covered the loan amply.  Nowadays  banks don't allow such a mix.  (I have written this before.) Problems started when the lease was extended and needed to re-mortgage to cover the expense.  Wanted another btl.  Got a tenant in situ. Was located elsewhere (work). A broker found a btl lender, they reneged.  Broker didn't find another btl loan.  The tenant was paying enough to cover the proposed annual btl mortgage in 4 months. The broker gave up trying to find another.  I ended up on a bridge and this disastrous path.  (I have raised previous issues about the broker) Not sure what you mean by 'split'.  The property was always leasehold with a separate freeholder  The freeholder eventually sold the fh to another entity by private agreement (the trust) but it's always been separate.  That's quite normal.  One can't merge titles - unless lease runs out/ is forfeited and new one is not created/ granted. The bridge lender had a special condition in loan offer - their own lawyer had to check title first.  Check that lease wasn't onerous and there was nothing that would affect good saleability.  The lawyer (that got sacked for dishonesty) signed off the loan on the basis the lease and title was good and clean.  The same law firm then tried to complain the lease clauses were onerous and the lease too short, even though the loan was to cover a 90y lease extension!! 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Letter Of Claim for death of cat now Court Claim received.

Also, in case it needs pointing out to you, don't have any more contact with them. Ignore any text messages, telephone calls – anything. Don't make any further offers to pay any money at all.

Decline to comment. Refuse to answer questions.

Report everything to us first

• Thanks 1

ok thanks - i wont contact them and will report back straight away

i have had a text picture from them today ..harassing me with picture of them posting the letter through my door saying its been 1 week now etc..i havent replied

Please continue as instructed. Ignore and post the letter.

BankFodder...ive just realised... the part in the letter that says: "In terms of the contents of your letter, I'm afraid that your recollection is completely different to mine" would maybe need changing as the cat owner was not even there.

The 2 people that were there was the cat owners husband (the policeman) and the cat owners mother (who owns the horse field).

but the catowner is the one seeking money/letter claim

should i put:

"In terms of the contents of your letter, I'm afraid that your interpretation of the incident is completely different to mine considering you wasnt even there" ?

No

Have you posted the letter?

@danyboy72, @whitelist - I'm going to move these posts to the bear garden if this continues.

Has the letter been sent?  Why not.

There are very limited costs in a small claims action

• Like 1

cat in field.pdflol, i have took advice from bankfodder and ftmdave which have provided educational and more than helpful answers - sorry but you havent helped me one bit as they were off topic and innacurate. no my opionion,..just the facts.

On 20/03/2023 at 16:29, BankFodder said:

@danyboy72, @whitelist - I'm going to move these posts to the bear garden if this continues.

Has the letter been sent?  Why not.

There are very limited costs in a small claims action

going now bankfodder - thanks

BankFodder  ..ive just uploaded a couple of the dozens of text messages the cat owners mother keeps sending me...

if your not familiar with the small claims court stuff as i am they can be quite worrying..but realise now they are just inaccuracies/lies and she probably worded it like that thinking that shes going to frighten me into paying some money straight away without seeing any proof of expenses. also she says its the start of the small claims court process which i now know is rubbish thanks to FTMDave.

also a theres a photo ive received via text...she said here's a photo of the cats brother pining for his dead sister....its a photo of the brother cat that lives in her field...would this be useful as future evidence as it shows the cats are not contained ? thanks

my brother is at the post office now with the letter...i will have the tracking number soon.

as an afterthought...what i've she is not in to sign for the delivery of the letter??

should i hand deliver one before the 14 days is up?

text messages.pdf

yes agreed honeybee13, thank you - i will have a look...im not that familiar with these forums either 😆 as you can probably tell ive only just joined and the first time ive needed help of this sort - cheers

Let's see what happens when they receive the letter and have to prove the "losses" they suffered.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

thanks ftmdave

thanks - @Kyosanto i dont forgive your cat for killing mice and canaries but at least we arent ripping into each over about it - agreed lets stay reasonable - sorry if im a bit techy but ...i cant help replying to people (not you) giving it the high and mighty

and also people keep saying on here 'reasonable control' whats reasonable? as i said its not that clear cut as my definition of reasonable is different to yours and that is different from a judges...so its not definite and not clear cut - it would be better if they acknowledged that when posting rather than sounding condescending!

I wouldn't worry at all about small claims btw

Not usually that intimidating and usually fairly easy to go through, if they haven't got the evidence the judge will throw it out

One question @dx100uk, is the protocol still notice 14 days before filing a claim?

Just I noticed that one of the text messages said the paperwork would be taken to @danyboy72 house within the day - wouldn't that be in breach of protocol?

apologies if I'm incorrect I've only done small claims a couple of times

• Like 1

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

thanks labrat,

ive had a photo text from the catowners mother showing her posting the letter through my letterbox....and ive just had another text message saying "its been a week now...youve got a week left to reply" and other stuff

The cat owner's Mother seems to be getting quite involved.

Who is actually threatening legal action... The owner, or her Mother?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

i have ignored it bankfodder, thanks - just thought id mention it incase it was a breach of protocol as suggested by labrat.

nicky boy - the letter is from the catowner but the mother is doing all the texting/harassing and delivering the letter to my door...ive actually not even seen the cat owner.....and at the time of incident the mother and the catowners partner was there

Edited by danyboy72

IMHO going by all the SH1T you are getting , this is actually going nowhere.

seems like a whole loud mouthed family, embolden by self importance.

LOC is is 14 days ...yes.

cant see this going anywhere.

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Keep a backup of all texts received – off your phone just in case.

• Thanks 1

thread tidied

posts about unneeded discussion around dog off leads now in bear garden thread

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • I agree 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There are no guarantees, but ...

... I must say i was thinking the same as dx.

I've had to deal with my fair share of dysfunctional families in the past and can just imagine the three of them egging each other one about how they are right and you are wrong and they're going to give you such a hiding.  "My family are always right".

Unfortunately for them it's not their family who would decide in court, it would be an unbiased judge.

Let's see what they do when they actually have to produce some evidence as per your letter.

• Thanks 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

i will say only one thing...sheep.

i am involved in all that .

now a cat and a sheep can't ever be equated upon any lines, a cat has brains......:flock:don't.

a fellow, a person i help out with, with my dog and herding, .... their family are historic 'tourist hotheads' up here, they are forever bring and losing batshit court claims against people simply walking their dogs , yes off lead, yes with camera evidence, claiming injury, sheep worrying and etc etc.

they have been told by the sheriff up here numerous times, the adjacent land is PUBLIC. if people don't want to leash their dogs, it's not his problem.

likewise the same sheriff has prosecuted numerous others for just the same elsewhere where PROVEN it was on their sheeps owners land.

thumbs up to you DB72. we are behind you.

dx

• Thanks 1

and they

thanks dave and dx for your understanding and support - much appreciated.

quick update - ive just checked the tracking number and its back at the depot as no-one was in to sign for it on the delivery attempt.

ive re-scheduled it to be delivered tomorrow of the royal mail website.

if they dont accept it should i hand deliver it on saunday as the 14 days is up on monday?