• Tweets

• Northmonk forget what I said about your Notice to Hirer being the best I have seen . Though it  still may be  it is not good enough to comply with PoFA. Before looking at the NTH, we can look at the original Notice to Keeper. That is not compliant. First the period of parking as sated on their PCN is not actually the period of parking but a misstatement  since it is only the arrival and departure times of your vehicle. The parking period  is exactly that -ie the time youwere actually parked in a parking spot.  If you have to drive around to find a place to park the act of driving means that you couldn't have been parked at the same time. Likewise when you left the parking place and drove to the exit that could not be describes as parking either. So the first fail is  failing to specify the parking period. Section9 [2][a] In S9[2][f] the Act states  (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Your PCN fails to mention the words in parentheses despite Section 9 [2]starting by saying "The notice must—..." As the Notice to Keeper fails to comply with the Act,  it follows that the Notice to Hirer cannot be pursued as they couldn't get the NTH compliant. Even if the the NTH was adjudged  as not  being affected by the non compliance of the NTK, the Notice to Hirer is itself not compliant with the Act. Once again the PCN fails to get the parking period correct. That alone is enough to have the claim dismissed as the PCN fails to comply with PoFA. Second S14 [5] states " (5)The notice to Hirer must— (a)inform the hirer that by virtue of this paragraph any unpaid parking charges (being parking charges specified in the notice to keeper) may be recovered from the hirer; ON their NTH , NPE claim "The driver of the above vehicle is liable ........" when the driver is not liable at all, only the hirer is liable. The driver and the hirer may be different people, but with a NTH, only the hirer is liable so to demand the driver pay the charge  fails to comply with PoFA and so the NPE claim must fail. I seem to remember that you have confirmed you received a copy of the original PCN sent to  the Hire company plus copies of the contract you have with the Hire company and the agreement that you are responsible for breaches of the Law etc. If not then you can add those fails too.
    • Weaknesses in some banks' security measures for online and mobile banking could leave customers more exposed to scammers, new data from Which? reveals.View the full article
    • I understand what you mean. But consider that part of the problem, and the frustration of those trying to help, is the way that questions are asked without context and without straight facts. A lot of effort was wasted discussing as a consumer issue before it was mentioned that the property was BTL. I don't think we have your history with this property. Were you the freehold owner prior to this split? Did you buy the leasehold of one half? From a family member? How was that funded (earlier loan?). How long ago was it split? Have either of the leasehold halves changed hands since? I'm wondering if the split and the leashold/freehold arrangements were set up in a way that was OK when everyone was everyone was connected. But a way that makes the leasehold virtually unsaleable to an unrelated party.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Rishi Rich might have a point even if he is an out of touch obnoxious rich boy. left to Susan Michie we would still be in Lockdown potentially.

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

Professor Susan Michie, of University College London, said she thinks some restrictions could be needed over the long-term as Brits wait for Boris...

• I agree 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

No, he isnt right, in any way.

- 'don't let science and reality get in the way of political agendas'?

That isnt right in any way - and is what has got us where we are - with rivers of doodoo, an NHS on/beyond  the brink, and energy at unpayable levels.

and Lockdowns shouldn't have been needed to the extent they were, let alone longer .. if mask mandate, proper messaging and temperature monitors at busy places were installed - the overall mismanagement made it a choice between lockdowns or mass deaths

Again - not hindsight as can be seen here.

.. which would bring us back to what to do about the refusnicks? Refuse them entry? - too damn right.

- its thereeir choice - yes - as long as other people dont get sick and die as a result of their choices

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

21 hours ago, brassnecked said:

In Wales GP's were doing a great deal of jabbing. 

WWW.WALESONLINE.CO.UK

Dr Eilir Hughes has worked tirelessly to protect the communities in rural parts of Wales

""Also, we had to consider whether the staff could cope with the flow of people that came here. But we succeeded and I'm so glad we did.""

So although this GP is a ferkin unquestionable hero

Look at the detail and it wasn't him personally doing all the jabs at his surgery, although I dont doubt he probably did loads

You would have seen that if you'd actually read it, or even looked at the picture properly.

The situation is as was and will be common at many surgeries where pharmacy staff, nurses and even people with a few hours training with some oranges (official training) were doing the jabs - let alone at the mass vaccination centers.

Just because they were done at a surgery, or a hospital, does NOT mean they were done by medical doctors

(name that fallacy)

The VAST majority of jabs were not done by medical doctors - simple fact and common sense. Some were, but a small (very small in most areas) minority in most areas.

Very basic sanity checking show these issues with these 'examples. 'tut tut' is all I should say

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

You miss the point TJ, GP's did some jabbing its obvious they wouldn't be alone doing it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

On 24/08/2022 at 07:42, tobyjugg2 said:

Regarding nasal sprays (I still think the prior posted examples seem better)

A recent one

COVID19.NIH.GOV

Nasal spray protects human cells and mice from SARS-CoV-2 infection, prevents severe COVID-19 in mice

So who seems something VERY questionable with:

"The researchers first tried one dose a day for seven days, starting a day before SARS-CoV-2 infection.

When treated with N-0385, 70% of the mice survived and had little to no lung damage.

When the treatment course was shortened to four days, starting one day before infection, all 10 of the mice treated with N-0385 survived.

Only one of the 20 mice given saline survived."

As no-one has stuck their head up, the two blindingly obvious ones:

1.  95% Death rate from a covid infection?

2. 30% more survived with 60% the application? - So a bit too much of the stuff is actually killing a large proportion?

The Tory Legacy

9 hours ago, brassnecked said:

Rishi Rich might have a point even if he is an out of touch obnoxious rich boy. left to Susan Michie we would still be in Lockdown potentially.

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

Professor Susan Michie, of University College London, said she thinks some restrictions could be needed over the long-term as Brits wait for Boris...

Shame he waited so long to say it

But as the great man Sir Winston once said 

nothing would be more fatal than for the Government of States to get in the hands of experts. Expert knowledge is limited knowledge, and the unlimited ignorance of the plain man who knows where it hurts is a safer guide than any rigorous direction of a specialized character.”

How true

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Utter rubbish

So was it NOT taking the early advice of science, or taking the later advice of science - that was wrong?

Make your mind up.

So even aside from the simple fact that sage was made up of the politically chosen and largely politically directed 'advice'

and indesage's independent and commonly well thought out and sensible advice wasn't followed

It is a simple truism that:

The advice (and note it is advice) of scientists is given, and sometimes disagrees (even without the idiotsyncrasies of idiotologies or the dictation of corrupt politicians).

BUT Decisions on actions to be taken by nations are chosen and driven by politicians.

Of course, incompetent and corrupt politicians, liars and idiots will often then try to blame the failures of their chosen paths on others

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

From Kate Bingham who organised the purchase of vaccines for the UK.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Ex vaccines chief aghast at civil service database changes that ‘will deter’ volunteers from signing up

Illegitimi non carborundum

On 25/08/2022 at 19:32, theoldrouge said:

Shame he waited so long to say it

But as the great man Sir Winston once said 

nothing would be more fatal than for the Government of States to get in the hands of experts. Expert knowledge is limited knowledge, and the unlimited ignorance of the plain man who knows where it hurts is a safer guide than any rigorous direction of a specialized character.”

How true

So now apparently we have Churchill talking rubbish

Now the MOS resident GP( Lets not hear the twitter sneer that’s she’s not a virologist)agrees with my comment entirely 

Government delegation to experts was never going to end well

“Rishi should have spoken up on lockdowns at the time

Rishi Sunak didn’t agree with Covid lockdowns after all, he said in an interview last week.

Apparently he thought the scientists had too much decision-making power, and his colleagues failed to consider the public health impact of locking down.

Well, it would have been nice for him to speak up at the time. I seem to remember that Mr Sunak, along with the rest of the Cabinet Ministers, ignored a letter sent by myself and other GPs warning of the devastation caused by restrictions.

The growing tide of mental illness, missed heart attacks and record delays for cancer treatment were all flagged.

Mr Sunak and his colleagues didn’t even bother to write a response. If he genuinely cared about the health of the nation he would not have stood back and let the lockdowns happen in the way they did. “

Not of course to mention the permanently lost education of millions 

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

@theoldrouge

seen this one from Lord Sumption regarding Lockdown?

ARCHIVE.PH

• Like 1

Whatever they did : “damned if they do, damned if they don’t”

stricter lockdown? When would that have ended? (As in China is still enforcing strict lockdowns now).

Less strict? Less societal harm from impact on business (and education), but more deaths from an overwhelmed healthcare system (including lack of ITU beds).

So, the politicians get criticism regardless - but that was the job they chose, with that risk of criticism inherent.

Yet, to know seek to blame the scientific advisors (indirectly, by blaming the outgoing Prime Minister [ / the Cabinet at the time] for listening to them “too much”) : disengenious.

The healthcare scientists would have reported the best estimates they had, to the question asked (“estimated number of deaths for Plan A” : here’s the average, best and worst case scenario numbers). They won’t have commented on the societal effect if that was outside their area - up to the government to ask that question (& there were a variety of expert groups across health and behaviour so I can’t imagine there wasn’t a socio-economic group!).

So, if it is now “we listened to the experts too much”: perhaps it is “we listened to one set of experts over another set, too much”, but

a) That is government’s job, not the fault of the experts, and

b) If you were part of the Cabinet then, don’t criticise now, aiming to make yourself look better. Your choice then was to accept the collective decision and take responsibility for it now, or you could have resigned if you really felt it was that wrong.

One can predict, that if asked this question the response will be :

a) I disagreed

b) There was a collective decision

c) I didn’t resign in disagreement as “the country needed me to stay on”.

A politician’s answer, as that way they never have to accept responsibility for anything.

So, if they “listened too much to the experts” : it was their job to balance the opinions from the different groups of experts with their conflicting pressures.

Blaming the experts, or saying “I disagreed at the time, but went along with it anyway”: what a cop out!

Edited by BazzaS
  • I agree 1

Absolutely, Bazza. They should think back to when Covid first appeared and we didn't really know much about it, how it spread, treatments. We only knew it passed by droplets because you told us early on. I don't think what possibly turns out to be over-caution - with hindsight - in dealing with Covid was a bad thing.

Someone here agrees with you.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Britain was ill-prepared for a pandemic because politicians didn’t want to make the risks public

• I agree 1

Covid is not over yet. We do not know what variants we will encounter over the coming years. And I am not sure we fully understand the impact that Covid has on the immune system. The number of people testing positive for Covid several times over a relatively short period of time.

And there does appear to be an increase in other viruses spreading.

Someone in Italy who had just returned from Spain, had Covid, HIV and Monkeypox at the same time.

• Like 1

As it seems we are expecting an early flu season this year, and a fresh upsurge in Codid cases (and hence likely covid mutations), I think that hoping for the best is making the most of the current relative lull

But only planning for the best, is the utmost in stupidity.

The Tory Legacy

On 28/08/2022 at 19:46, brassnecked said:

@theoldrouge

ARCHIVE.PH

Absolutely spot on as usual from Lord Sumption

The scientific genius Prof Ferguson’s predictions were their usual questionable crap yet they were believed despite his track record 

• Like 1

Although it wasn't - He could have had you 2 in mind too

"It's funny, isn't it? That all the blithering idiots, think tank shills, and client journalists, furious at the suggestion that blithering idiots, think tank shills, and client journalists shouldn't be treated with the same amounts of respect as proven authorities and experts.

- James O'Brien

The lockdown was the alternative to mass deaths = and was needed as a result of the other policies where science was ignored

Its quite simple, just not as  simply wrong as that 1+1 -1  = 3  article.

If the early science had been followed, and the funding had gone to local tracing rather than to dido the incompetent (after Johson had fone around spouting rubbish before he got infected) , then we almost certainly wouldn't have needed more than local (maskless refusnick area) lockdowns - but of course, thats the Johsnonite base isnt it? ooops.

This has already been highlighted here.

The Tory Legacy

On 28/08/2022 at 19:46, brassnecked said:

@theoldrouge

ARCHIVE.PH

@brassnecked

You actually read it properly?

Apart from the mish mash of self contradicting garbage, which is little more than another 'sunak was part of the mess but is the only one who can clean it' political cheerleading

The summary line:

"The result illustrated some of the worst features of top-down government."

Yep it did. Just not the way they are trying to re-write history.

The Tory Legacy

On 25/08/2022 at 08:08, tobyjugg2 said:

@theoldrouge@brassnecked

Waiting for some support that Blairs Iraq actions were in some real way a significant failure or criminal? or anything other than Justified.

- apart from the (not) endgame which IMO was entirely morally wrong and should have been handled very very differently

.. other than the stance that foreign forces in any land is immoral - with which i agree - but that MAY in some cases be a lessor evil (IMO)

and also clarify why you consider the actions under Blairs watch are more 'highlightable' than the actions in Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria under the Tory watch - which I after careful consideration I believe to BE far more criminal and incompetent

- and which arguably largely drove Russia to where it is today. 

You both might want to review the Syria thread where many similar issues are considered. Fore-armed ...?

Putting aside for the moment the simple fact that the initial war with Iraq was the result of them invading another country and the assault of Syria was clearly internationally illegal regime change ...

Heres an example from nothing so specialist as wikipedia on operation shader

By 26 September 2015, a full year after the operation first began, Tornado and Reaper aircraft had flown over 1,300 missions against ISIL and had conducted more than 300 airstrikes.

The aircraft had released a combined 311 AGM-114 Hellfire missiles, 117 Brimstone missiles and 540 Paveway IV laser-guided bombs by 24 January 2016.[58] In June 2016, the RAF used its Storm Shadow cruise missiles against ISIL for the first time, attacking a large concrete bunker in Western Iraq.[59]

killing more than 330 ISIL fighters.[2][56][57]

Thats more than three bombs/missiles per ISIL figher killed - yet ISIL tanks and howitzers could move with impunity across a desert with more spy planes and satellites over it than in a big brother is watching you wet dream.

So who TF were the RAF bombing?

No wonder ISIL built a caliphate across a number of national borders under such 'incompetence and failure' (aircover?)

Lets not forget that with Blair - Saddam was driven out of invaded Kuwait, and his murderous rape and pillage expansion across the middle east ended.

21 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

Although it wasn't - He could have had you 2 in mind too

"It's funny, isn't it? That all the blithering idiots, think tank shills, and client journalists, furious at the suggestion that blithering idiots, think tank shills, and client journalists shouldn't be treated with the same amounts of respect as proven authorities and experts.

- James O'Brien

The lockdown was the alternative to mass deaths = and was needed as a result of the other policies where science was ignored

Its quite simple, just not as  simply wrong as that 1+1 -1  = 3  article.

If the early science had been followed, and the funding had gone to local tracing rather than to dido the incompetent (after Johson had fone around spouting rubbish before he got infected) , then we almost certainly wouldn't have needed more than local (maskless refusnick area) lockdowns - but of course, thats the Johsnonite base isnt it? ooops.

This has already been highlighted here.

21 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

@brassnecked

You actually read it properly?

Apart from the mish mash of self contradicting garbage, which is little more than another 'sunak was part of the mess but is the only one who can clean it' political cheerleading

The summary line:

"The result illustrated some of the worst features of top-down government."

Yep it did. Just not the way they are trying to re-write history.

Still waiting for some effective and real counter?

I'll add more

Do you remember the 22 million people who were flown back from foreign covid hotspots into UK airports, and then simply sent across the country home with nothing more than a suggestion to some (and not many apparently)  that they maybe should consider self isolating - maybe rather than spread any infections other than on the trip home..... and that wasn't  just at the beginning

Regarding Sage + the 'scientific opinions differing

Of course they differed when you look who was on it: real quality scientists, political appointee scientists/heads of areas and a couple of purely political appointees, including the regular attendance of Cummings

and who remembers both van damn (lol) and whittering being uncomfortable and fencing questions with 'thats a political decision' at the podiums

Play spot the real scientist: Click on the link and see your swamp gas evaporate into just a bit more climate change eh?

the Guardian revealed the 23 attendees of the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage).

They comprise 21 scientists and two Downing Street political advisers.

Still also waiting some coherent and meaningful reasons why you two consider Blair worse than later Tory involvement in Iraq, Afghanistan (shameful retreat)  and Syria (air cover for isis)  by you two.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

It's not going well for Michelle Mone but the taxpayer is doing badly as well.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

PPE Medpro was awarded £203m contracts by UK government after Michelle Mone approached Michael Gove

Wonder what the Chinese Government knows about Covid that the rest of world does not ?

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Shocking footage shows people in the city of Chengdu clambering over each other at supermarket counters and stripping shelves bare amid fears that...

What in any way is strange?

1. China has always had hard lock downs to quell covid spread through its immense population centers

2. The next wave is expected, and there are concerns it might align with a bad flu season although it might not.

3. The mail is full of doodoo, not anywhere near as much as the Telegraph, which makes even UK water companies seem clean, but still ..

Remember the start of this thread? I suggest you look again at the first page of posts.

They are perhaps just trying to ensure they don't repeat a mistake, unlike our press.

The Tory Legacy

As some of you seem to have forgotten the realities, I'll let led by donkeys remind you of a few of Johnson 'The Corrupt Liars' covid and other failures (and an early warning or two for Truss - be interesting to see if she remains inept or has learned from Johnson and Trump).

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks