Shocking pictures reveal ‘disgusting’ conditions inside @Hermesparcels depot where workers ‘feel like slaves’

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Workers claim they are “too exhausted to care” about the conditions – and have gone as far as kicking parcels around like footballs, according to one member of staff who wished to remain anonymous.

They claim drivers are expected to deliver between 700 and 900 parcels each day in just eight hours.

The worker said they regularly work overtime and clock in over 11 hours daily to complete the “impossible” task as deliveries would otherwise pile up.

The driver claimed any attempts to raise the issue were rebuffed by management who called them “replaceable”.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/hermes-depot-shocking-pictures-084537898.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Brilliant, well spotted.

Here is some more of the article

Some items in the Hermes depot are seen scattered on the ground after seemingly falling off the side of a conveyor belt (SWNS)
View photos

Some items in the Hermes depot are seen scattered on the ground after seemingly falling off the side of a conveyor belt. (SWNS)
More

These shocking photos reveal the conditions inside a Hermes depot, where one worker claims he was left “feeling like a slave”.

Hundreds of parcels are seen strewn in the back of a van and littered across one of Hermes' 26 UK warehouses on 27 December in Bradford, West Yorkshire, just after the gruelling festive period.

Some items are seen scattered on the ground after seemingly falling off the side of a conveyor belt – while one box that stayed on was massively dented.

In one photo, a brand new £350 43” television is balanced diagonally with boxes marked “fragile” collapsed all around it.

Workers claim they are “too exhausted to care” about the conditions – and have gone as far as kicking parcels around like footballs, according to one member of staff who wished to remain anonymous.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/hermes-depot-shocking-pictures-084537898.html

I suggest that anyone who has any further trouble with this shameful company copies the article and uses it as part of their case. They should also send a copy to Hermes to show that they are fully aware of the shambles of Hermes.

Also, I would suggest that anybody who has anything lost on Hermes – starts scanning eBay

• BankFodder changed the title to Shocking pictures reveal ‘disgusting’ conditions inside @Hermesparcels depot where workers ‘feel like slaves’

sadly this is not confined to Hermes, all the courier companies have similar issues at depots that are often too small for the traffic going through them.  There are often good workers there, but agency staff brought in during peak, are  an issue getting in the way more than helping usually  best one we had was a Yodel driver put a parcel through the kitchen window, and it landed in the sink..

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

At my work we share a depot with Parcelforce and even at Christmas when the place was packed out with Parcels there was nothing that looked anything like the carnage in those photos.

I'm in the depot for about an hour before I start out on my run and I can honestly say that any breakages ect are accidental, I know Parcelforce get a bad name but in the 9 years I've been there I've never seen anything that would make me worry about using them.

I know a good few drivers with Parcelforce and they also have to do between 80 and 100 drops per day, It's the self-employed drivers that struggle to make a decent living working for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Micky the Hippo said:

900 parcels in an 8 hour shift is a delivery every 35 seconds, that cannot be correct.

Totally impossible I would think, I know guys that struggle to do 100 in the same time.

If 800 of them was one stop, and they were small bags on a pallet maybe Could easily have 300 parcels on 100 stops, average 3 per stop try 75 stops over 300 miles in 11.5 hours. in Mid Wales.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

9 hours ago, brassnecked said:

If 800 of them was one stop, and they were small bags on a pallet maybe Could easily have 300 parcels on 100 stops, average 3 per stop try 75 stops over 300 miles in 11.5 hours. in Mid Wales.

Yeah, I was reading it as 700-900 drops.