• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Company I bought a supposed brand new watch messing me around re my data?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

Briefly, a sent a DSAR to an organisation that I have been having issues with following a watch purchase.

Their 30 days is up next week.

They originally responded asking why i have sent the DSAR.

Yesterday they sent a short email verifying the address they have for me, stating who they share my information with (Visualsoft Ltd, Royal Mail, Barclaycard and Feefo Ltd?) and verifying that I sent them a copy of my passport as ID....and that was it. No transaction details, no copies of our communications, no internal emails or memo, etc.

I replied that they haven't included the copies of communications (emails) and they replied with as 'you have them already'.

After some prompting, they sent details of the order and subsequent issues I had with them.

When I pressed them for copies of any internal emails, they replied saying that there were none and that I was welcome to report them to the ICO and that they are 'now only prepared to deal with the ICO directly' and 'if we don't hear from them within 30 days then we will delete all your data'.

I replied to ask what their privacy policy is regarding customers' data and they will not respond.

Is this just me or are they taking the mickey here?

They dont have to send everything unless you specifically request certain things.  Especially if they think you already have a copy. Lots of companies do this.

Why did you send the DSAR in the first place? What issues are you having with them?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I sent the SAR letter from this wonderful site which is pretty comprehensive, is it not?

Let me get back to you re the watch problem as I don't want to confuse matters here and want to stick to the DSAR.

Also, deleting my data after 30 days if they don't hear from the ICO?

They have to retain your information for a reasonable amount of time (Used to be 6 years I think) but GDPR caused a whole hoohah... 

Also they can send you everything they have on you but anything considered business sensitive their DPO has to make a decision on

Great example - I send a DSAR to DCA - They respond with everything they are allowed to send. But I request the Deed Of Assignment for this account in particular and how much they paid for a debt etc.

They are permitted to withhold that information as the Deed Of Assignment contains sensitive business information but also information of other consumers under a "Deed Of Assignment Contract"

Why dont you tell us who the company is - I might be able to offer some further insight.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thanks for that.

They did not use any mention of 'business sensitive', my educated guess is that they don't want to include anything that might be useful to me - I'll explain

- I bought a supposed brand new watch from them but received a second hand one with a dodgy strap in return.

I obviously returned it to them with a pretty upset note.

They then claimed that they sent me a new watch but that I had, somehow, sent them a used watch so they 'sent it off for repairs' and would return it to me when it was repaired.

I obviously told them that I will not accept a second handwatch even if it had been repaired.

Since then, they have had my money (£190) and the watch that they sent me in the first place. 

This was in 2017 and the company is Edmonds Jewellers in Coventry.

Could I just add that yes you can ask for specific data but also make sure at the end where it may state other or add it yourself to use the simple phrase 'ALL DATA'

'ALL DATA' - Means exactly that is does not matter which format that company/business etc. hold it in whether it be digital, email, written etc. they need to provide all data.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

This has become the norm on ebay for anything over £100.

A lot of sellers send you old junk instead of new and claim you swapped it.

Or even worse,  they send an empty envelope recorded delivery so the ebay "resolution team" finds in their favour because they have a tracking number. 

Now this practise is spreading outside Ebay. 

Best thing to do is a chargeback/section 75 if you have paid by card (section 75 over £100)

We live in a sad world in which I have to film myself opening my mail and parcels so to have some sort of evidence of clear fraud.

Police don't care and say "civil matter", action fraud reports are just that, reports parked up in a database without any prospect of further action and somebody is taking advantage of this.

I think i opened a thread some time ago about this clever guy who bought a vintage binocular from me and claimed of having received it in bits.

He had specifically asked if the lenses were scratch free before buying. 

Mine was mint, not a scratch on lenses.

He sent all the pieces back and the lenses had been swapped with scratched ones.

The mug put "his" binocular on ebay the very same day, identical to mine, specifically mentioning the mint condition of the lenses.

Ebay refunded me but let him keep the binocular for free.

Police said "civil matter", you haven't lost money, action fraud report resulted in nothing, still prettily sitting there.

So to conclude, your only option is a chargeback or section 75 if you paid by card.

If you paid by any other method, you will need to sue this company with all related uncertainties. 

• dx100uk changed the title to Company I bought a supposed brand new watch messing me around re my data?