• Tweets

• god they've got at you haven't they. told you all the usual utter BS. a CCJ vanishes from your credit file on it's 6th B'Day regardless to being paid off or not or paying or not. same with any debt with a registered defaulted date - it vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th B'day regardless. creditfix are Knightsbridge, (they renamed) there are 100's of threads here on Knightsbridge, if i remember rightly 2 of the directors of a certain very big IVA provider were struck off for embezzling £1m's out of debtors. pers i'd stop paying now.  end of . just ignore them all. 99% of your debts are to utterly powerless DCA's and probably were never owed in the first place only goes to firm up my belief from post one..you got had blind. its very easy to deal with the debts even those with CCJ's. can you copy and paste what you credit file says regarding the IVA please?   
    • The airline says it is investigating reports that customers can view other passengers' personal information.View the full article
    • They are finding new ways to cut back on household spending as China’s economy loses steam.View the full article
    • Sorry I meant credit fix - I really wish I'd known this before - kicking myself right now  If they come back to me asking for more money I'll cancel it and start trying to deal with the debt myself let's see what they say  Feeling tempted to cancel it now but scared that some of the debts will do more CCJ's on me and I'll have to wait 6 years again.  2 of the CCJ come of this year and then I'll only have the iva in credit file - effectively if I'd have not took out the iva in 2021 I'd have clear score by now - but then again would I because I would have been hounded the last 3 years, as bad as it is it's saves me lots of headaches whilst my debt was still within the 6 year mark.  I think most of them are near there but in all honesty no point chasing them if I do cancel iva I'd jjst wait for the ones who contact me and then start the relevant letter process on them.  Of over 6 years easy if not still possible to write off. My true victory would be having the iva wiped off my credit file as mis sold or something that way I Don't have to wait till 2027 Other option is to fight back and ask for them to offer the creditors to accept payments so far and use the following method    Will your IVA firm agree to complete your IVA on the basic of funds paid to date? The Guidance lists a lot of factors to be considered in deciding whether a settlement on the basis of funds paid to date should be proposed. You should read the list. But that may not give you any feel for whether they apply to you or not. The following are my thoughts on when an IVA should be treated as settled, not failed. They assume that you have £75 or less to pay a month: if you would currently qualify for a Debt Relief Order, then your IVA should be settled now  There is no point in making your IVA fail and you have to apply for a DRO – it will not generate another penny for your creditors. If you are renting and owe less than £50,000, check the DRO criteria now and talk to National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 about whether you qualify. You may have been told at the start of your IVA that you aren’t eligible – still check now as the DRO criteria have changed, your situation has got worse, and some people were given incorrect information about DROs at the start. if you have no assets that would be realised in bankruptcy (eg a house with equity, car worth over £2000), then your IVA should be settled now Same as (1), there is no point in making you apply for bankruptcy after your IVA fails. if your only asset is a car that is worth less than £8000, then your IVA should be settled now A car that is worth say £5000 would normally be sold in bankruptcy and you would be given a small amount to buy a cheaper car. But your creditors would not get any benefit from this as the Insolvency Service takes the first £8000 raised to cover its own costs. if you have significant assets, the closer you are to the end of the IVA, the less reasonable it is to fail it If you have been paying your IVA for 4 years, you have done your best over a long period. It isn’t your fault you can no longer continue. The fact you may have had equity to release isn’t relevant as that simply isn’t going to be possible. if your situation will clearly improve soon, then it’s unlikely your IVA will be settled I mean real improvements, not hoping that prices fall. If I can get them to accept payment to date or threaten with cancellation hopefully they may accept it -  Other option is to try and borrow money and pay make a full and final offer  Or I can just ignore and hope for the best which I'm very tempted to do especially if they respond to my review with bullying tactics despite me being skint as a fart with no mortgage as renting  It's so stressful but I've just checked the iva agreement from 2021 and it's Cabot 2 accounts Lowell about 5 accounts and then lots of repeats of the same debt with for example zopa and Cabot same amount listed twice -  also loyyds banks but I'm sure that's older than 6 years and not on credit file anyway  If I can somehow remove the iva from my credit file I'd be happy 
    • India has one of the world's fastest growing economies but the benefits are yet to fully reach the poorest.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

CWD - PAP Letter re old UAE debt now claim form

Hornsey62
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Once I found cag Dx I didn't feel alone because believed everything I read on here. That UAE cases will not be heard here.  Wrong.

Contesting jurisdiction has cost me £2300 I don't have and you say I've lost nothing!  It's ok for people advising on here because they've nothing to lose. 

I did everything I was told..I asked numerous times if I would have to speak in court and was told everytime no..it's between the judge and CWD but as soon as I got into court I was asked what my argument was? I wasn't prepared. ..because cag told me i didn't need to be!

So before blaming us defendants take a look at yourselves and ask what could we have done better? We've let these people down..let's improve our knowledge before giving advice on this subject we know nothing about. No what do you do? You blame us!

For your information Dx my defence went in 2 days ago..I didn't spend 21 days running around other people's threads moaning..have never done that.

I did my defence myself because I knew no one on here knew what to do and if I lose I lose..nowhere to get any advice.

You'd do better acquainting yourself with the law of the UAE instead of picking arguments with people who are here because they're areally desperate for advise.

Not one person on here who told me don't worry they will not be allowed to hear this case has ever come back to me or squaddy  and I see concerned expat was never advised not to contest jurisdiction even though two cases had been lost the week before. 

On 17/04/2019 at 19:37, Hornsey62 said:

Once I found cag Dx I didn't feel alone because believed everything I read on here. That UAE cases will not be heard here.  Wrong.

There's always a first time and now CAG are aware .

Contesting jurisdiction has cost me £2300 I don't have and you say I've lost nothing!  It's ok for people advising on here because they've nothing to lose. 

That was the correct process in challenging the claim and we are surprised as much as you and if you hadn't you would have had judgment against you by now,  still we learn and and adapt our advice and pool our ideas..providing posters share their information with others

I did everything I was told..I asked numerous times if I would have to speak in court and was told everytime no..it's between the judge and CWD but as soon as I got into court I was asked what my argument was? I wasn't prepared. ..because cag told me i didn't need to be!

And normally you shouldn't have been asked...how can a Litigant in person advise an experienced District Judge the arguments against Jurisdiction ? Could she not decide herself if the court was right to hear the claim ?

So before blaming us defendants take a look at yourselves and ask what could we have done better? We've let these people down..let's improve our knowledge before giving advice on this subject we know nothing about. No what do you do? You blame us! 

So why didnt  you share instead of posting to other same UAE threads and sitting back waiting for the forum to do all the work ? This is new territory to CAG and we have never in all the time I have been a member had to submit a defence on a foreign agreement.

For your information Dx my defence went in 2 days ago..I didn't spend 21 days running around other people's threads moaning..have never done that.

Why not post a copy here for opinion and to help the 2 other posters involved in the same type of claim ?

I did my defence myself because I knew no one on here knew what to do and if I lose I lose..nowhere to get any advice.

See above

You'd do better acquainting yourself with the law of the UAE instead of picking arguments with people who are here because they're areally desperate for advise.

Its hard enough keeping up with UK Law and given that yours and the other two claims are the first we have ever had in 13 years.We offer our advice free as volunteers and achieve a remarkable success rate for posters unable to afford legal representation or the knowledge to understand the legal process...obviously you have never bothered to view the Legal Success Forum.Of course you did have the option to consult professional legal advice on foreign claims at a cost to yourself which would have easily in been in access of the claimed amount and costs so far.

Not one person on here who told me don't worry they will not be allowed to hear this case has ever come back to me or squaddy  and I see concerned expat was never advised not to contest jurisdiction even though two cases had been lost the week before. 

I did its on his thread and explained  the two options

On 17/04/2019 at 01:01, Hornsey62 said:

No one on here has been sent anything in Arabic everything we received you received. ..none of us ever got sight of the T&Cs. .

you know that.

ConcernedExpat09 has and we have copies of them.

It's all been sent from county courts in this country and no one knew  how to to defend.

You mislead us and has cost us money we can't afford. 

You removed all your uploads as the thread progressed and as for costing you see above my last post.....even if you had not done anything you would still now have a CCJ which you cant afford to pay....I suppose if Jurisdiction had been denied you would be singing our praises ?

You told us they could do nothing.

.to any of us ..wrong.

they can.

We relied on cag..wrong. .and now we are speaking out

Probably be banned now..

Not at all why would you be banned ? Speaking out is what you could have done more of and engaged with your thread.

Where's Andy now with all of he's knowledge?  No where. 

Im here Hornsey just taken a few days off to recharge my batteries and take a break from advising on 100s of threads...

I'm beginning to wonder what this forum is all about.

The ethos of the forum is to share information and pool advice on how best to deal with legal matters that posters cant afford or wont seek from Legal Representation because of the extravagant costs and unfair judicial system.It works very well if posters engage with their threads regularly and dont sit back to be spoon fed.

Banning people for having more knowledge? ?

Only one person banned connected to the threads in question and that was for breaking forum rules and being rude to SIte Team...its quite clearly explained in the forum rules what our members must abide by.

On 17/04/2019 at 19:37, Hornsey62 said:

• Thanks 2

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I know Andy can be rude because he likes to look like top dog and doesn't like being questioned! You will hear from CWD no doubt saying they are going to strike your defence out. But you have got a good case so stick it out. It's the costs that they stick on that worries me.

well I was going o help but now ive had enough of you two too

as you people simply do not understand how a forum works.

being selfish is not one of them.

bye!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

IDRWW cant do court because they dont own the debt, are not solicitors a nd anyways the debt isnt enforceable in the UK for several reasons.

Should they be daft enough to attempt a civil action you just point out they have no locus standi.

In short, stop worrying about this steam (high pressure wind and water).

Please stop giving people wrong information.  So far this year 4 of us are in court and yes it IS enforceable. .we owe £1000s in court costs alone .

IDRWW are CWD who can in fact  take you to court ...

If you are here to help people please give them the facts. .

Ericsbrother I am sure you have read our threads so please explain why you think these debts are unenforceable in the UK. ?

You are giving false information and people are believing they are safe !!

I am not a patsy.. just want people to know the truth 

it is not wrong information 

it has not been enforced.

all that has happened is the judge have given permission for the cases to be heard in a uk court

that is not enforcement.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I also keep saying that anyone can sue anyone in the UK for anything.

It is when it gets to court and the claimant has to show locus standi and a cause for action that it all falls down for them.

UAE law is not enforceable in the EU for a multitude of reasons but with big money to play for Dubai banks obviously want to try their luck using a third party as they have nothing to lose

( and in any case, they generally cant even enforce these debts in Dubai because they havent followwed their own laws).

It is your job to make sure they get a spanking.

so name the court, tier and what the judgement was if my advice is wrong, I can only find references to cases that were not defended

I have reread your thread and it is clear that as you failed to enter certain evidence on time

the opposition went for a summary judgement and you got scorched.

I have advised people on parking threads to submit absolutely everything they can for case arnagement or set aside hearings in case they can go for a summary judgement if the parking co hasnt been on the ball.

This of course works the other way.

We cannot help where we havent been given the information and that would include knowing what orders for the case management have been given

look up champerty and maintenance and then demnd proof that they actually have a client that has engaged them properly as part of your request for ducuments if it gets that far.

Sd's are an odd thing but they will have to prove the debt if you challenge it and that will be very difficult for them as they wont have the paperwork and what was dealt with in Dubai wont be in English.

Did the matter go through the Dubai courts? if not then there is no debt as UAE law makes the demand void

uk courts cant enforce UAE law.

we've not executed anyone since the 1960's

and they

• 1 month later...

No they are not.

Whats a redient?

and most certainly not on mortgage debts

Obv hornsey you've not read this thread

other siteteam have already stated why earlier.

and they

Does anyone of you have real

experience to deal with the matter at hand ...no.. leave it to people who have been through it please. Then this site is really dealing with peoples problems first hand other than  what you  think.

You are brilliant at what you know but can I please talk from experience. 

Hornsey - would you kindly let me know about your experience?

I recall the last thing you posted was that the uk judge accepted jurisdiction.

Anything further than that? Thx 

5 minutes ago, Hornsey62 said:

Yes and he passed judgement. Didn't even look at my defence. I'm sorry but not good news for anyone.

Did the judge accept the interest accumulated on top of the principle outstanding or was that taken off?

sorry to hear that

posts moved to your own thread as it contains important updates.

so what do you recon hornsey...judge lottery or just plays golf with the right people.

can you give us a better understanding of what he said, that way CAG can help others avoid those pitfalls.

and when was this too?

and they

Yes but they can never explain how then can enforce and the debt has never been enforced through the courts in the UAE either. 

Mr Coyle and his band members from CWD and now IDR they seem to be crossing over can never explain and it annoys me and when you talk to the FCA or FO they say it’s fine in some respects but it’s not. 

Dx I have read this thread and unless you've dealt with CWD you have no clue what they are like. 

So stop telling people they can do nothing..they can.

Judge lottery..no! I think it's a disgrace what is going on in the courts  concerning these claims but who's going time stop it ?

not sure how many more times you are going to simply say the above

I counted 15 so far around various threads 

why dont you tell cag what you did/didn't file or do that contributed to your loss to help others win?

or is it that as with your whole claim here

its all secret squirrel still.

you refused to post your defence or get help with it

you refused to post any disclosures you got 

you refused to post their witness statement

you wouldn't accept help 

no good keep blaming us for your loss by being negative

dx

and they

any tom dick or harry can issue a speculative claimform claiming they are owed money on anyone they like.

if the claim is not defended at all, or done poorly, a bad result will almost certainly happen

I believe admin place any current cases under UK litigation in the financial legal issues forum till resolved oneway or another.

one such classic example of the above is currently running there - an old Aqua card debt.

and they

• 4 weeks later...

What's the wrong thing dx ?

I did everything I was advised to do on this forum and lost. So why don't you admit you have no sound advice about UAE debts and stop giving people wrong sense of security because these claims do go through court and they are winning and not because people are doing the wrong thing.