Me and Various Benefits

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

[ £300 pw for a one bed is market rate....I think someone mentioned in this thread that they worked for HB and its only 2-3 months bank statements......:(

You must be in London as nowhere else would £300/wk be Market rate for 1 bed! In other parts of the UK that would get you a huge mansion! Be aware that regardless of whether you are awarded full HB or no it will be capped at the LHA ( Local Housing Allowance) for your area. If you are single or a couple you are entitled to the rate for 1 bedroom in that area. You can check online how much it is but Central London is the only area where it could be as high as £300/wk! The rate for NW London (Hampstead, Golders Green etc. ) is just £250/wk or £175 for Hendof, Finchley etch (I have friends in those areas).

This is the max you could get even if awarded full HB (

Edited by confusedbunny
error error

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You were told you could get the true facts by ringing up the housing etc....yourslef with figures, facts and what you intended to do.

One call would have explained away any confusion it would then surely not be a grey area.

ps. you are not the only one to take time to understand something, but have to say this thread makes it pretty clear.

Posters have really tried to help you with this but unfortunately the message is still not getting through is it?

These rules are laid down by the Government!

Posters have not "accused" you of anything at all! They have tried to explain to you how these rules may be applied to the situation you are in.

As for £300 a week for a one bed flat. No chance whatsoever that is going to be paid.

You need to read this http://www.dwp.gov.uk/local-authority-staff/housing-benefit/claims-processing/local-housing-allowance/impact-of-changes.shtml then go to you local Councils website to see what they will pay.

p.s. they are not my rules saying you will not get £300 but the Governments. I have as much say as a giraffes lost flip-flop in a box of cornflakes in them.

please dont assume i was implying the whole £300 may be supported, i know that. its the capital that is confusing...

You were told you could get the true facts by ringing up the housing etc....yourslef with figures, facts and what you intended to do.

One call would have explained away any confusion it would then surely not be a grey area.

ps. you are not the only one to take time to understand something, but have to say this thread makes it pretty clear.

i did follow the advice! they said as i am

not claiming now they have no interest what i

do with this capital....thats confused me even more now...:(

Edited by confusedbunny

[ £300 pw for a one bed is market rate....I think someone mentioned in this thread that they worked for HB and its only 2-3 months bank statements......:(

You must be in London as nowhere else would £300/wk be Market rate for 1 bed! In other parts of the UK that would get you a huge mansion! Be aware that regardless of whether you are awarded full HB or no it will be capped at the LHA ( Local Housing Allowance) for your area. If you are single or a couple you are entitled to the rate for 1 bedroom in that area. You can check online how much it is but Central London is the only area where it could be as high as £300/wk! The rate for NW London (Hampstead, Golders Green etc. ) is just £250/wk or £175 for Hendof, Finchley etch (I have friends in those areas).

This is the max you could get even if awarded full HB (

error error

They don't care if you have no intention of claiming income based benefits.

yes, but what iam trying to get my head around is if i spend my money like i have "no intention" of claiming then i find myself having to down the line, why should i be judged on my past spending as to whats classed as "fair" if they "dont care"........

Like, why would i have to re-locate home to pay cheaper rent, opt for a cheap holiday, opt for a cheaper car.....all, just "incase" in the future i might have to apply for assistance.....i would be spending my money as i please, luxeries or not and paying my taxes like any other person with no intentions....

Edited by confusedbunny

But i would have receipts for that kind of expenditure, car, rent, bills etc....if i have proof i bought the car, why would it be suggested i have some of what money?.....Bizarre......

Do you know what.....let me take this opportunity to thank all you guy's on here that i have sent round the bend or otherwise for all your help and advice through my lack of knowledge as my total confusion on this particular scenario......with my self emplyed venture i am seeking to do hair implants so any of you that have torn your hair out in frustration with me, i will offer my service for free.lol
:)

I will just live how i always have before i even entered the benefit system a year ago as i am back to work now and will just cross this path when i come to it!!

This website is so supportive and amazing to all those in desperate need and all the caggers are awesome..I will leave you for now to concentrate on other people who are more deserving than me.......thank you all again

Edited by confusedbunny

• 6 months later...

Are you a new claimant or are you transferring from Incapacity Benefit?

I have heard, though I don't know if it's true, that prior IB claimants are getting priority at the moment.

I presume you are still being paid so there's no question of you having missed an appointment or your form having gone astray?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

seems there is a huge backlog...my appointment was initially cancelled because of their workload...then i had to attend of all days on a saturday that was over 2 and half months ago and still havent heard from them..but IB still being paid...wouldnt worry

• 2 weeks later...

I need advice please on behalf of a friend........

She has a disabilty badge that she uses to care for her elderly mother...

.....her car was off the road with mechanical problems and used her daughters car to get her mother around,using the badge.....

A few weeks ago, she found a lost disabled badge on the street and instead of throwing it in the bin, thought its best to return it to the local council as its their property..

..she thought that she better go via the post office when she had time off work and send it via recorded delivery rather than 1st or 2nd class

and therefore, placed it in the door of her daughters car......

The next day, whilst out, she parked in a bay and displayed her usual disabled badge (which is in a pink holder, same as the one she found).

..when she came back to her daughters car, she had a ticket!!

She realised that she had displayed the one she had found as the covers are so similar, realising this error, she had to pay the parking ticket.....

A few days later, she posted the lost badge back to the council who's property it is.......

A few weeks later, her daughter recieves a letter stating that a "stolen badge had been displayed" and asked who the driver was...

...her daughter filled out the form to state it was her mother (my friend)...

They then write to my friend to say that she has to attend an interview under caution this thursday

and to bring with her valid insurance that she can drive her daughters car and her mother's badge!

Neither of these are a problem, because even though her own car is off the road she still has valid insurance and also her mothers badge..

....my friend is so worried and stressed as what has turned out to be a genuine good turn has turned into one big nightmare...

...what do you think will be the outcome?

Nothing has ever happened to her like this before.....

Hi

1. Who actually has the Blue Badge Entitlement the Elderly mother or Daughter?

2. When they parked up and in error displayed the wrong Blue Badge thinking it was the correct badge was the person entitled to the Badge present at the time)?

3. Is the Car from the Motability Scheme or a private car?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

1. Who actually has the Blue Badge Entitlement the Elderly mother or Daughter?

2. When they parked up and in error displayed the wrong Blue Badge thinking it was the correct badge was the person entitled to the Badge present at the time)?

3. Is the Car from the Motability Scheme or a private car?

Thank you for your speedy response.

1. I am not sure, the daughter is the registered carer for her mother.

2.Yes, she had her mother with her in the car.

3.The car is a private one.

"They then write to my friend to say that she has to attend an interview under caution this thursday " that she "has to" ? ? please post the exact wording used.

They have invited her to attend an interview under caution.....does that mean she is not obligated? what if she doesnt go, what are the consequences?....

First, be aware that there is not an agenda to "get" anyone. They want to investigate, because Blue Badge fraud and misuse is rife.

I would say attend the meeting with a clear conscience, and on the basis that nothing will happen to her or you. Explain what happened. Show them the badge you have. Once they understand that you weren't stealing or doing anything wrong, that should be the end of it.

Totally unnecessary. The council are not trying to pin something on her. They just want an explanation, which she will give, and that should be the end of it.

The explicit purpose of a declaring this to be an Interview Under Caution (governed by the Police And Criminal Evidence Act) is that they think they might obtain admissible evidence for criminal proceedings against her. If they just wanted to discuss the incident, they wouldn't need to IUC.

I do agree though that a solicitor would be OTT (and very costly). A calm, supportive friend is all that's necessary.