Hx car parking management parking charge

Guest dawny1969
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest dawny1969

Hi

Really don't know what to do,

I have recently had two letters threatening court action and bailiffs due to a parking charge

Unfortunately these letters have been going to my neighbour who has sent a lot back saying return to sender so don't have the date or whereabouts that this incident happened, meanwhile the fine has escalated.

I was puzzled why the letters were going to my neighbour

I phoned the dvla to check my records

who then informed me it had the wrong door number on their data.

The information is being updated now

this is also strange as earlier in the year I had correspondence from the dvla with the correct door number.

The parking company is ica registered,

please can someone help.

Edited by dx100uk
Fine

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

where does it say FINE please on any of the paperwork?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

It's the IPC, not the ICA. This company is very small but the owner has a relative who owns ES Parking so he will know all the tricks that the IPC use.

Don't expect a fair hearing at all. Check the ticket to see whether the PoFA2012 is mentioned (unlikely)

Ignore the threat of bailiffs. They can't send anyone. Keep every scrap of paperwork and do not ring them. Snail mail with free proof of postage is enough.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Guest dawny1969

Hi

I never got a ticket on the car it came in the post

but I never got these letters

all been sent back to sender,

just got the two but I will check.

It make matters more complicated with the dvla not having the correct details.

I will take your advise and not ring them

I'm having sleepless nights not knowing what to do,

some people are say ignore the letters

but the more time I leave it the more money they are going to put on.

dh

they cannot add anything

its all made to make you think its 'escalating'

I would expecft this far down the road

its dead now anyway.

its NOT A FINE

no bailiff will ever be involved

its a private parking speculative invoice

claiming you broke some kind of imaginary contract when you entered the car park on private land and parked your car.

nothing to have sleepless nights over

they are totally powerless

just like the DCA's that will write soon

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

I never got a ticket on the car it came in the post

but I never got these letters

all been sent back to sender,

just got the two but I will check.

It make matters more complicated with the dvla not having the correct details.

I will take your advise and not ring them

I'm having sleepless nights not knowing what to do,

some people are say ignore the letters

but the more time I leave it the more money they are going to put on.

dh

Really, sit back, relax. You have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Them saying that they'll add more money on if you don't pay is absolutely meaningless. Any debt collectors are completely powerless to do anything other than send you increasingly desperate and threatening letters. They're banking on the fact that you'll be intimidated and hand over your cash to make them stop.

Once you're aware of their tricks (all of them dirty) you come to realise that the demands & threats are worthless and the worry goes away.

The only time that you can be made to pay up is IF they take you to court and IF they win. Neither are certain! And only then, if you lost at court and refused to pay, could they even hope to instruct any kind of bailiff to come and knock on your door.

Anything else is just smoke & mirrors to make you contribute to their Christmas party.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

1.dont panic

2 tell us about where you were supposedly parked to breach their contract and when the event(s) occurred. The paprwork you have should help you with this.

3 tell us exactry what letters you HAVE got and who are they from, they certainly wont be from a bailiff. as already said, dca's cabt legally add a penny to the debt but that doesnt stop them hoping you dnt know this.

With most of the private parking companies, especially the smaller outfits, it's a numbers game.

For every 100 invoices/tickets/charges (call them what you will) they issue, 99 will pay up eventually. This means that they make a fortune for doing very little.

So let's say that they issue 10,000 tickets in a year. 100 of those won't get paid. So the PPC will decide to make an example of some of them and, let's say, take 10 people to county court. Which costs them a few quid, but it's small change now because they've already got the money from the 900 suckers that did pay.

So, of the 10 that they decide to take to court, 8 will cave in at this stage and pay up, which has now cost the poor punter even more as they're also paying the PPC's listing fee and "solicitors" costs (probably another £75) on top of the £160 (artificially inflated) price that the PPC are now saying you owe.

1 will try to defend but fail to do it properly or not turn up to court. Meaning that the PPC will win a 'default judgement' against them. They will have to pay the original cost of the notice £100, plus the artificial fees of debt collection £60, plus £25 listing fee, plus "solicitors" costs £50, plus hearing fee £55 if I remember rightly. So totalling some £290!

1 will defend fully and go to court. 9 times out of 10, despite what the PPC's, DCA's and tame solicitors will try to tell you, this 1 person will trounce them in an actual court. This would cost the defendant absolutely nothing but a little time. The PPC will end up picking up the tab for everything and may even end up owing the defendant money!

The PPC's have been spanked so many times, but, even if they ended up paying your mortgage off in damages/costs, they'd still be in profit because of the 99% of people that paid up no questions, or at least, paid up in the end.

It's all still just a numbers game.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Guest dawny1969

I will have a look when I get home tonight and send you the info .

Many Thanks

That's interesting thank you for the information can't believe people can do this, !

DH

Edited by dx100uk
merge

That's interesting thank you for the information can't believe people can do this, total **** !

DH

You've got it dawny. Not so scary anymore is it :wink:

Don't get me wrong. Their pet debt collectors will threaten all sorts of woes, they'll stop short (only just mind) of saying that they're going to come round and burn your house down if you don't pay up. :wink:

But the debt collectors can't do anything except write you nasty letters (I've got loads, I'm saving them up, the downstairs toilet needs wallpapering :lol:)

Only HX, via their tame solicitors (probably Gladstones or BW Legal) can threaten you with or take you to court, and even that is easy enough to deal with if & when the time comes.

It really is nothing to be worried about. You'll find an awful lot of people on these forums that are very happy to help you beat these bandits.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dawny1969

Another letter has come through the door charge up to £350, just ignored it hope I'm doing the right thing :(

Edited by dx100uk
Fine

Guest dawny1969

Hi

Its actually from Direct Collection Bailiffs ltd in regards to a county court judgement notice, they want us to get in touch to discuss payment. It also gives a court judgement ref number!!!

The letters are still going to my neighbour even though we recently rectified the log book with the dvla.

Edited by dx100uk
merge

Guest dawny1969

About a month ago.

Not sure whether I should appeal or not now there is a county court judgement number on the letter

Edited by dx100uk
merge

Not sure whether I should appeal or not now there is a county court judgement number on the letter

Ok. First thing to do is NOT panic. Second thing to do is scan the document up as a pdf so we can inspect it. Suitably redact it so no personal details are shown.

You need to do this as soon as possible and as a matter of some priority......

Guest dawny1969

All the correspondence regarding this have gone to a neighbour who was sending them back to Royal mail, but then realised they were for me so sent all mail from then on to us.

We have had three in total so we don't know when this parking offence took place or where just that is was Hx Management who then instructed Gladstones who now have done this.

I never got a ticket

ok I will, i'm at work at the moment so will have a look tonight

Edited by dx100uk
merge