style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sandy

You have already been given 2 options.

You either send a complaint letter or you ignore them.

The wrong email suggests their last letter had your address in error and you won't hear from them again.

If you send emails you will get nowhere.

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will send a letter of complaint, who is best person to send it to?

I am getting fed up of it now, lol

Thanks Uncle x

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Again see previous reply.

Head of legal/compliance and Data Protection officer.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

oopss, sorry ty, Uncle, had a bad day today

TYVW for the help

Sandy xx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

getting letter photo-copied and will send it as signed for, make sure it gets there,, thanks for all the help xx

Sandy xx

Quick question

is it best to send it, so has to be signed for?

Thanks

Sandy xx

Standard recorded delivery is probably best. Last time i sent a letter recorded, i think it was cost just over £1. You then have a tracker number to know it was received.

tyvm Uncle

It will get sent off tomorrow

Sandy

xx

Letter sent, the web site says it has been sent but not if it been signed for, says to check later

Just a thought snowdragon but are you receiving bills from us okay? On these bills, do the meter serial numbers we're charging to match those on the actual meters at the property? Sometimes, mix-ups occur and meters are attached to the wrong address. This can mean customers are paying for the wrong energy. Not saying this is the case and, from what you say, I doubt it is. Particularly given the time involved and the lack of previous contact. It's just something that can happen and you might want to rule it out.

Let me know if you need any help from our end as happy to take a look.

Malc

Hi e-on

never had a problem with you, we pay e-on every 2 weeks and get regular updates and send meter readings to you.

The letter from Co-op energy does not state what address the supposed account is for

Sandy

xx

Letter signed for, can not make out by who, says Co-op at bottom but signature does not look like it says that!

Hi e-on

never had a problem with you, we pay e-on every 2 weeks and get regular updates and send meter readings to you.

The letter from Co-op energy does not state what address the supposed account is for

Sandy

xx

That's fine Sandy. Glad all's okay from our end. Thought I'd just let you know I'm around if you need me.

Malc

Have today received a letter from Credit Style Limited, saying they are acting debt collection agents for Co-op Energy and we must pay £869.12 not later then April 6th

We sent a letter to co-op as advised and no reply as yet, it says on this new letter

1) Pay the £869.12

2: call us on

what do we do? wait for a reply from co-op themselves?

Sandy xx

3: email us at

ty Andy

never been a customer with them, told them this and sent a letter that was signed for!

Sandy

xx

ty Andy

never been a customer with them, told them this and sent a letter that was signed for!

Sandy

xx

So its all bluff...no contract...no debt......no need to do anything by their stated date.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

just had a email from co-op energy

Re: Re: Re: Other [182090-1489410861]

Finance

General Enquiries Today at 16:48

To

Co-operative

Message body

The co-operative energy

Good afternoon

Thank you for your email.

Looking on your account, there is another email address registered. A response to your initial query is sent to the registered email address.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If you need any additional information regarding this request, please answer to this email, keeping its reference [182090-1489410861] within the subject bar.

Kind regards,

Ernest Dragoi

seeing as only ever used the one using now I have no idea what email address they are on about

Sandy

xx

seeing as only ever used the one using now I have no idea what email address they are on about

Sandy

xx

Hi there,

The email address they are referring to could well be the actual account holder's email address. If they are getting the responses to your questions to Co-Op then hopefully the actual account holder will get in touch with Co-Op themselves asking what is going on. On the other hand, considering they appear to be in debt, I wouldn't count on it.

As previously stated in this thread, this seems to have the hallmarks of an admin error, and though the letters from the debt collectors look scary, they can't do anything.

You've sent Co-Op your complaint letter, which has been signed for, so you know they have it. I would wait for them to investigate and reply to this, hopefully informing you that they've made a mistake and that there will be no more debt letters sent out to you.

Any pearls of wisdom that I give on the CAG forums is based on previous experiences and knowledge I have gained from being on these forums.

Hi Good Sister

The letters are actually addressed to us ( our name ) but they do not state what address they say the debt is for.

It can not be where we are now as only been with E-ON,

Last 2 addresses we were with British Gas :)

Thanks for the help

Sandy xx

Hi Good Sister

The letters are actually addressed to us ( our name ) but they do not state what address they say the debt is for.

It can not be where we are now as only been with E-ON,

Last 2 addresses we were with British Gas :)

Thanks for the help

Sandy xx

Well if they have searched through credit reference agencies, they would have your name. It is probably someone else sharing your name, who has done a runner from an address without paying. Someone has done a search and found your details in error.

Just wait for Coop to respond.

Co-Op used to be a good small supplier. Then they grew, bought the same software as NPower use and it all went horribly wrong.

UB is right about thedca search, most peopel move house to somewhere near to where they lived and so these muppets do a electoral roll search for the same county and hey presto, you got the short straw based on this presumption.

I bet if you entered your surname and your county in to an electoral roll harvester like 192.co m you will find a couple of matches for people that lived near to you up until acouple of years ago and then they disappeared from the electoral roll. That is all the dca has done and then sent you the letter as you havent disappeared

hope that is the case, all I know is British Gas would not let us change suppliers even if we had wanted to, mainly due to us having arrears at the time.

Will keep you informed if get a response from Co-op energy

Sandy

XX

Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Just been sent a bill from Co-op Energy

Says Total charges Before VAT: £23.52

vAT AT 5% ; £.1.16

Your new balance : £25.30 CR

On the back it says

Fuel Electric, tariff name : N/A

Payment method : N/A

Tariff end date : no end date

Exit fees ( if you exit before end date : N/A

Your actual usage in the last 12 months : N/A KWH

Gas reads the same

It says gas used for your previous address from April 2012 to May 2012 = £23.52p

there is meter readings, gas charges etc, etc

Totally mystified!

Nothing about our letter we sent!

Sandy

xx

On the bill it should show your meter reference number. Go check your meter to see if the number is the same.