Jump to content

Good Sister

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Good Sister last won the day on December 4 2017

Good Sister had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

262 Excellent

About Good Sister

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Are you saying that your breaks appear as deductions on your payslip? As in, 2.5 hours per week are automatically deducted from your wages? I think it would help people if you could do the following please: - Post up the wording on your contract as to your work hours, your breaks and any overtime. - How these are shown on your payslip. How long have you worked there and are you in a union?
  2. Hi there, Perfectly normal for your contract to only stipulate actual hours to be worked and for breaks to be unpaid. As you are not paid for your breaks, you are presumably free to leave site during your break time? You're not losing out here - you are working 39 hours a week, your holiday is being based on 39 hours a week.
  3. Hi dtlew1984, sorry for being late to the party and I hope your gas is now back up and running. I had this issue myself a few years back, two years on the trot in fact, should be a long interesting thread on this board about it last dated July/August 2015 hopefully. To summarise, there was no legal requirement to cap off gas for non-access. Having a look on the legislation for The Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1998, this still appears to be the case. Link attached for your perusal http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1998/2451/regulation/36/made
  4. Have you considered Access To Work? https://www.gov.uk/access-to-work They do have links to organisations which specifically deal with mental health conditions in the workplace (Remploy is one that immediately springs to mind) and may be able to help in getting you a new job or may be able to give advice or support for a job interview. We all have to start somewhere and most decent employers will look favourably on someone who wants to better themselves, even if 'bettering yourself' is having a reason to get out of bed in the morning to start with. I'm also sure your voluntary experi
  5. Thank you so much for that link BankFodder - my dad and I did take a look online this afternoon to take a look at cameras. Haven't purchased one yet, as it's working out where best it can go, but good to see some options that look reasonable. Will keep everyone posted with news and updates in due course.
  6. OK, thank you, BankFodder. I'll hold off the visits tomorrow, which is something I think secretly my father will be pleased about. We will do as much as we can in getting as much evidence as we can over the next few weeks. I will see in the meantime what we can get camera-wise and also see what information is available online about council procedures etc. Thank you so much for your input.
  7. Thank you both stu007 and BankFodder so much for all of this info and your time in typing it all up. I am sure this is all going to be very beneficial. I agree that we should be getting as much evidence as possible, so I will be emphasising to my father the need for keeping the log up-to-date and taking photos in the meantime. I know that his initial enthusiasm for going to the HA on Monday has waned since he first made the suggestion - I guess that a noise complaint could have come from anyone in the area but adding fly-tipping to the complaint would now make it very obvious. I woul
  8. Thank you HB. Good idea about photos, will get some photos taken tomorrow.
  9. Good evening Caggers, I am asking for some advice on behalf of my father, who has been dealing with a nuisance neighbour for a while but issues have been esculating in the last couple of weeks or so. My retired father has owned his end-of-terrace house since the mid 00s, though it is an ex-council property. However the neighbouring property (mid-terrace) is council-owned, although it is looked after by a local HA appointed by the council to look after all their homes. These particular tenants (a couple with a child) have been living next door to my dad for about a year. There
  10. Right, first things first, unless you are recording your calls, get off the phone. As you can see with N-Power, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, which is putting it politely. Whenever you speak to someone, it is very easy for them to deny all knowledge of previous conversations and it is only when you get the SAR that you can start to see where the discrepencies are. Next thing - your SAR should be in writing. If there's no specific address on their website to send SARs to, I would advise to send it to head office (unless another Cagger knows where to send it to?).
  11. Well, you can file proceedings and it is good that you would be prepared to go the distance. However, at this stage, your strongest claim would be for data protection breaches regarding not processing your SAR. Which won't get you much compo. I think you would be better off waiting for an actual SAR to come through, going through it with a fine tooth comb and finding as much ammunition as you can to throw back at them. Perhaps with your health as it is at the moment, waiting on SAR/ICO responses might not be a bad thing? You are still persuing available avenues but giving yourself so
  12. When you say you've asked 3 times for SAR information... when? were these requests in writing? did you make any payment for their 'efforts' in processing a SAR? Or did you just ask them 3 times how to go about sending them a SAR and they just decided not to bother answering? I would give you some tips on sending out SARs, but just want to be clear what actions you've already taken. Thanks.
  13. Taken from ICO website, https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/principle-6-rights/subject-access-request/ Can I require individuals to use a specially designed form when making subject access requests? No. Many organisations produce subject access request forms, and you may invite individuals to use such a form as long as you make it clear that this is not compulsory and you do not try to use this as a way of extending the 40-day time limit for responding. Standard forms can make it easier for you to recognise a subject access request and make it easier f
  14. Originally Posted by Bazooka Boo Just ask us! You are entitled to see the personal information that we hold about you at any time. (If you write to, email or phone us and ask to see this information, it is known as a ‘Subject access request’ or ‘SAR’ for short) You can do so by: telephoning us on 0800 073 3000 (free from most landlines) or 0330 100 3000 (included in any 'inclusive minutes' from mobiles); Contacting us through npower.com – Contact Customer Service and choose the “Other” option; or writing to us at Data Protection SARs Team, npower, Rainto
  15. Have you gone through the invoice that Iresa have sent to you, to check that meter readings look OK, meter number matches up etc? Anything that looks different to usual?
  • Create New...