style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2692 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I guess none of this really matters now as she very kindly gave me my notice while I was away for a couple of days. Didn't contact me directly, just left a note at the bottom of the stairs.

I have noticed, however, that the lodgers agreement refers to the 'tenant', but she likes to remind me that I'm 'just a lodger ' quite frequently, so I'm taking that as the 'tenant' actually being her. She seems to want it both ways depending on what kind of mood she's in. I think she will try and get out of giving me my deposit back if she can and that is rather worrying.

Going to go to the CAB next week about it anyway.

Hi junebug

Exactly what does the Notice say?

Have you contacted the actual Landlord of the property to see if they have permission?

I know you say registered to vote but can you clarify that the Council Tax Office are aware of you being resident in that property (council tax notifications even if exempt)?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I wrote her a letter saying the she can't have a lodger as she doesn't live there, and as the agreement refers to me as a tenant and not a lodger, she can pretty much leave me alone, not let herself in and not harass my guests and I'll be leaving as soon as I can.

And if that's not OK with her, I'll take matters further.

Considering dropping a copy of that and the agreement into the letting agents too.

change the locks, keep the old one safe and replace it when you move out. All perfectly legal if you are a tenant.

Your problem stems from the fact you havent bothered to find out who actually owns the building and what terms the space is rented out and to whom. the true landlord may well assign the tenancy to you anyway and she will be out

change the locks, keep the old one safe and replace it when you move out. All perfectly legal if you are a tenant.

Your problem stems from the fact you havent bothered to find out who actually owns the building and what terms the space is rented out and to whom. the true landlord may well assign the tenancy to you anyway and she will be out

I second this.

If the LL finds out that she's subletting and acting like a teenager might well decide to rent the property directly to you.