Issue with housing and parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have moved into social housing, we had strict guidelines when taking on the tenancy eg both had to be working full time, no rent arrears , no issues with police or asbo etc, after providing all evidence we moved in yeahhh!!!! 

Dilemma one

our drive way is not next to our house its weird....

our neighbour next door has a drive way , then it's ours,  then the house on the other side, 3 driveways next to each other, ours is obvious ours  due to our back gate leading to it, we can't fit one of our cars in driveway due to its size so park outside house, but we have another car and that goes up driveway, 

the issue is the neighbours keeps using my driveway or blocking it and if they can't use it they park right outside front door, (you exit house and onto street)

Today I came home from work and my driveway blocked, I asked them to move and I got why, were do you live etc, I said its my driveway please move, they did after throwing tantrum and again questioning myself who i am etc, This is constantly reported to housing association but nothing happens. 

2nd issues, we are the only ones working in the area, the 3 neighbours have admitted to either just being released from prison or having asbo orders! Why was we treated differently 😕 

3rd issue is the back garden just sinks, I've gone flying on it a few times and bruised my back badly on the grids which are constantly blocked! (we are an end house so got all the drains in ours) if it rains its a slip and slide on the land, its not safe at all.

4th we are told we can not pull garden up etc to flag it for safety (I have a child with mobility issues so needs to be safe for them) but again neighbours have got permission for there's. 

Rent has been paid on time every month, no one gets back to us for repairs on house 

• 1 month later...

Hi

Issue 1 Driveway you need to put this in writing and title the letter Formal Complaint and explain the parking issue fully right down to that
neighbour getting aggressive and that your are paying rent for use of your driveway and do not have peaceful enjoyment due to the actions of this neighbour.

Issue 2 Is actually nothing to do with yourself but the Housing Association who will no doubt have some agreement in place to place these individuals.

Issue 3 Again a Formal Complaint about the Garden in writing explaining the issue and that it is now a Health and Safety issue and need to investigated properly and further action taken to rectify this matter.

Issue 4 Since you have been refused permission your next route due to your Childs mobility issues is check the Local Councils website for "Occupational Therapy" and request an Occupational Therapy Assessment due to your Child Mobility issues and when they come out explain about Garden and that it needs paved if they agree then they will contact the Housing Association for this to be done. (why should you pay for it go through Occupational Therapy)

Done this with my own Housing Association as my back garden was all cobble stones as I now use a wheelchair got Occupational Therapy Assessment done and Housing Association were made to completely pave back garden at no cost to me.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 3 months later...

open

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I finally got a response they are now saying we do not have a driveway (if that the case then the building plans are wrong and all the emails we saying its ours from them are wrong) and that no one down our road has one, but yet they do its just our is the only one awkwardly laid out, to be shared with another 2 houses,we all have our plot numbers on them. 

We have not slept very well due to constant dogs barking and I understand that they cannot help it due to disabilities but a neighbour is shouting and screaming at 2am onwards, there carers are with them but unfortunately we are still woken up by this. 

Hi

Right you need to make another Formal Complaint responding to there response and asking that your Complaint is now escalated to a Stage 2 Complaint.

You point out the issue with the Parking and attach copies of there emails stating that it is your Driveway which they have confirmed in numerous emails so why in there response has that suddenly changed.

Have you contacted the Local Council and arranged an Occupational Therapy Assessment?

Have you due to your childs Mobility issues applied for a Blue Badge from the Local Council?

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

OK thank you we will escalate it. 

They are awaiting a report from the medical team, and I was told no blue badge till report Is done and we can't have a disabled spot as we have a driveway according to the building plans.

And if we did get it, the neighbour would use as they fighting for a blue badge space outside house, the council have said it would not be just for our use it would entitle anyone with a badge to use it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Can you just clarify I understand they will hold off on Blue Badge issue until a Medical Report but I assume the Council stated you can't have a Disabled Spot as you have a Driveway? If this is correct ask them to put that in writing to yourself

When we called to sort  this is what they told us , I will get them to send it in writing. 

They went on to say that if they did put disabled spot outside ours, it's for anyone with blue badge so our neighbour and 2 others across way would use it 

Hi

Yup get that in writing

What they say about if they made your parking bay into a proper disabled bay is correct anyone that anyone with a Blue Badge would be entitled to park in that Disabled Bay.

I had a neighbour that got a Disabled Bay put in and others with Blue Badges were parking in it and they complained to Council and were told the exact same and even I told that neighbour it would happen and it did.