style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

WHAT?

There are liars and then there’s Boris Johnson and Michael Gove

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/25/boris-johnson-michael-gove-eu-liars

and regarding the eu, what but the most democratic and tolerant of bodies would ever let a person like Farage who does NOTHING but stand there and throw vitriol at it in its heartland ?

The UK parliament would have thrown Farage out and debarred him (if the UK voters hadn't already for the UK parliament) for saying far less than he has done there.

Junker wasn't sneering at Britain, in fact he said 'Cameron is still a friend,

and regarding the consequences for Britain, that was Junkers warning to alert the people, NOT a threat. AND it was true now WASN'T IT.

J

By the way, hope your mate buckthorn is getting on with his claim under our EU driven consumer rights. Make the most of it they will almost certainly be eroded if we aver do leave the EU under a Tory government..

:?:

Just seen the replies, doesn't it get feisty on here:madgrin: can't stay long to reply back today.

Have no idea what you refer to my mate Buckthorn and a claim. Can you guess which way I voted?

TJ I refer to your Liam Fox post. I am read it to mean he critizes the Germans and French for being spiteful and not to spread negative trade negotiations which aren't true. They have to accept and move on positively.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/tens-of-thousands-to-attend-antibrexit-march-through-central-london-a3286176.html

Ten of thousands of people are expected to march through central London on Saturday in a protest against Britain leaving the European Union.

Up to 40,000 people are due to gather at Park Lane at 11am for the 'March for Europe' before heading towards Parliament Square.

The march follows on from a similar rally, which took place earlier this week in Trafalgar Square.

Britain voted to leave the European Union in a referendum last week by 52 per cent to 48 per cent, although voters in capital strongly backed Remain by 60 per cent to 40 per cent.

Across the country, support for Britain to leave the EU was significantly lower in urban areas and among young people.

The disparity in the result among different demographics of society has prompted four million to sign a petition calling for a second referendum, and has resulted in renewed calls in Scotland for the country to leave the UK.

The rally’s organiser, King’s College graduate Kieran MacDermott, wrote: “We can prevent Brexit by refusing to accept the referendum as the final say and take our finger off the self-destruct button.

“The power is still with the people and we can change things if we are organised and passionate in our response. Let's unite the remain voters and those who regret their vote to leave. Let’s turn this on its head.

“Dump work, cancel your shopping trip, bring your afternoon get togethers to the streets!

Perhaps if they had done that on the 23rd July, then perhaps the vote might have gone the other way !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/tens-of-thousands-to-attend-antibrexit-march-through-central-london-a3286176.html

Perhaps if they had done that on the 23rd July, then perhaps the vote might have gone the other way !!

When the second referendum takes place, before any exit date, people will take it far more seriously.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It seems to me that there is a section of the population that thinks it can appeal any decision it doesn't like, ad infinitum, until it gets an answer it likes. You see it on the employment forum and the legal one sometimes.

Illegitimi non carborundum

People have a vote, the losing side don't like it so they protest in London ignoring the principle of democracy via the ballot box. Have I missed something ?..

Yes democracy is always fluid and you have to deal with changing circumstances. People might vote one way on one day and change their minds the next day.

Whether you like it or not, if politicians at Westminster feel that it is appropriate to hold a further referendum before any exit date, they will hold one. It is quite possible that a majority of people will be unhappy with any new deal that is struck with the EU. The UK economy might have problems between now and any exit date.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

People have a vote, the losing side don't like it so they protest in London ignoring the principle of democracy via the ballot box. Have I missed something ?..

Democracy in Britain doesn’t mean majority rule. It’s not the tyranny of the majority or the tyranny of the mob … it’s the representatives of the people, not the people themselves, who vote for them.

Government of the people, by the people, for the people

It seems to me that there is a section of the population that thinks it can appeal any decision it doesn't like, ad infinitum, until it gets an answer it likes. You see it on the employment forum and the legal one sometimes.

It does seem like that doesn't it ?..

How are the protesters ignoring the principle of democracy? They're upholding it by exercising their right to protest.

How are the protesters ignoring the principle of democracy? They're upholding it by exercising their right to protest.

I agree but, they are not just protesting, they are demanding another chance to have their say because they didn't get what they wanted the first time round. Yes, the referendum was close but the majority of those who voted, voted to leave. That is also democracy and anyone who tries to change that do not deserve to live in a democracy.

The only thing that would happen if they got their way is anarchy. The decision has been made, they don't like it. That is fine. Protest and air your views but at the end of the day, we will be leaving the EU (unless the Government of the day decide otherwise, something to deal with at a later date)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

When the second referendum takes place, before any exit date, people will take it far more seriously.

Sorry, I don't think this is acceptable. They should have taken it seriously in the first place - Those that did now have to put up with all the hype again and the tax payer has to shell out for another referendum. People need to learn to live with their mistakes !

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If, there is another referendum and it swings the other way - we will be the laughing stock of Europe and we will see more pressure on us to show just how much we do want to belong to Europe by having to sign up to even more things that the UK don't find acceptable.. !

BCOBS

If, there is another referendum and it swings the other way - we will be the laughing stock of Europe and we will see more pressure on us to show just how much we do want to belong to Europe by having to sign up to even more things that the UK don't find acceptable.. !

Other countries have had this situation. I think Denmark once voted out of the EU and then a year later voted to remain.

When the economic winds change, it is up to our elected politicians to do what is right for the country.

Just because people voted out of the EU on one day, does not mean that should be what happens whatever the circumstances are. If the UK started to see companies shifting their head offices and factories out of the UK and there was a massive cutback on investment in the UK, there would be serious consequences.

what amazes me is most people are saying . if we have a second reforrendon we will vote remain . but we could also very likely vote by an even bigger marjin to leave . then what carry on having them till we get the result the mob wants , also since they are saying people voted this way and that , i take it these are the same pollstors that said we would remain , no one know how people voted

indeed, the ref result is what it is. if there is another one, and it is Remain then it wld be the Leave 'mob' :)

imo, there wont be another one. it seems its now down to whether parliament actually puts an exit through. and, from whats being said, it seems that wont be laid until at least the new year. perhaps after the 'exit' dept has been set up and commented?

The makers of Melton Mowbray pies, is afraid that because of

Brexit the country could get flooded with cheap, inferior versions

of the pie, this could also affect Cornish clotted cream, because

they would no longer have the protection of the EU food protection

label, below are some of the EU food products which also have this

label, so if they do it to us we could also do it to them.

Our own English Champagne, Gorgonzola, Parmigiano etc; etc;

All I can say is dig out!

hams, sausages, olives, olive oils, Balsamic vinegar

Gorgonzola, Parmigiano-Reggiano, Feta,, Piave cheese, Asiago cheese, Camembert,

Cider, Cognac, Armagnac and Champagne can only be labelled as such if they come

from the designated region.

Roquefort, for example, cheese must be made from milk of a certain breed of sheep,

and matured in the natural caves near the town of Roquefort-sur-Soulzon in the

Aveyron region of France, where it is colonised by the fungus Penicillium roqueforti

that grows in these caves.[5]

This system is similar to appellation systems used throughout the world, such as the

appellation d'origine contrôlée (AOC) used in France, the denominazione di origine

controllata (DOC) used in Italy, the denominação de origem controlada (DOC) used in

Portugal, the denominación de origen (DO) system used in Spain and the Denumire

de origine controlată

Edited by buckthorn
add

so if they do it to us we could also do it to them

unlikely, as any trade to the eu wld have to comply with eu regs. so, not quite free from eu laws there.

unlikely, as any trade to the eu wld have to comply with eu regs. so, not quite free from eu laws there.

Did I mention anything about trade with the EU?

re-read my post protection labels, was the subject.

yes, you said mowbray was afraid the country cld get flooded with cheap inferiors etc. then you said we cld do the same to them. :) thats what i refer to.

maybe you shld reread your own post.

yes, you said mowbray was afraid the country cld get flooded with cheap inferiors etc. then you said we cld do the same to them. :)

maybe you shld reread your own post.

The subject was protection labels!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks