DRO & Credit File

wiseajak
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2793 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i had to take out a loan to help me move home from england to northern ireland.

I got a good job and was going well until a month into it

my employer losts its contract with the department i was working in

needless to say my job went with it.

for the further 4 months ir so i was paying my loan each month taking my whole benefit as by then i had signed on and jsa is sod all.

Inwas left with a fiver!

I thought i could keep it up but with other bills and a partner to suport conplete with his own debrs i had to stop paying.

I got onto CCCs and now paying a token payment of £1 a month by standing order.

I have aince recieved a default notice and the time required to make a payment before others actions has passed

so i was kinda hoping someone could tell me what i jow have to expect.

But i have since looked into a debt relief order.

But until then am i going to be harrased?

I suffer badly with anxiety and mental health issues even te default notice set me off shaking?

Help please. Many thanks-ali

Hi Wiseajak,

If your circumstances remain the same and you can only afford the £1 token payments, maintain them.

It may be the bank is going to sell the debt to a DCA. Can you confirm roughly what amounts are involved.

If the bank added any interest or penalty charges after they were aware of your misfortune with the job, see here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?557-Letter-for-an-application-for-consideration-for-hardship - You should consider asking them to refund any such interest and/or default charges.

I note what you say about anxiety, etc but please be aware that there are many here who will offer advice and support.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thank you slick :)

Well i firmly asked please can the interest be frozrn but they said well not until its passed over. (Is that aload of rubbish?)Theve been made aware several times of my situation even when i was still paying my normal payment of just over £100 a month. They themselves told me to contact CCCS so i did so, but im just worried that sooner or later the phone will start ringing of the hook. When i sent my letter of token payment i havent had any reply. Just a default notice telling me that if i didnt pay my £100 odd that they would want me to pay it all early over £1,400!

Hi Wiseajak,

If the a/c is sold, then you will get phone calls seeking payment.

However, you can simply tell whoever to put anything they have to say in writing. Don't answer security questions and hang up. These people have no authority and you do not have to speak to them.

Keep a note of any calls with the time and date, in case you need to make a formal complaint. No one can make you pay any more than you can afford.

See here on how to stop nuisance calls on your home phone - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?383-TrueCall-digital-telephone-recorder-the-Rolls-Royce-of-call-recorders

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 6 months later...

Hi

I recently got a debt relief order in december 2012. The OR sent the paperwork to barclays but they are denying ever getting it. Icontacted the oR to get another sent out this was done so. But they still denying getting that one. So i prsiannly copied my paperwork and sent one via recorded post to them. I have the tracking number and delivery proof.

They have since been sending many letters to me and one 24 hour notice threatening house visits or court action. I have told them on numerous times i have a debt relief order and you are commiting an offence by harrasing me but to no end they wont listen. What do i do now? I send my dro with a covering letter of all the details like ref numbers etc but still they claim they never recieved it.

Any help or advice would be grately appreciated. Thanks

make a formal complaint to Barclays customer services. try get compensation for the inconvenience/distress.

also, let the OR and OFT and FoS know that they are not complying

also, get your thread moved to an approp sub forum for any further input.

Edited by Ford

make a formal complaint to Barclays customer services. try get compensation for the inconvenience/distress.

also, let the OR and OFT and FoS know that they are not complying

also, get your thread moved to an approp sub forum for any further input.

Pardon my stupidity but how do i move it? Im relativly new here. Thank u for ur comments and help, who would i seek compensation from?

Many thanks

done already

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

a mod should look in just now and move it, if not click on the triangle of your post and ask for it to be moved to approp subforum. EDIT already done by dx :)

comp from barclays, and/or whoever is hassling you after being notified of dro.

Edited by Ford

I have a debt relied order as of dec 2012.

Barclays are denying ever recieving my debt relief order for which 3 copys have been sent one of which was recoreded delivery i have tracking a electronic delivery proof.

Since then i have had letters demanding payment and one worrying 24 hour notice of either house visits or court action if i dont pay.

What more can i do they are not listening and irgnoring all my paperwork.

They would look idiots taking me to court producing a DRO. This is causing me stress an worry i really dont need. Help!

this is causing me so much stress i dont know wht to do.

I auffer from depression and anxiety and its mot helping my case.

I have told them over letters and phone that iv sent them papers and all the details but they deny still that i never did. Please help

I have also told them that its an offence to demand money from me being under a DRO but they still send me letters demading money.

They would look like complete fools if they took me to court only to produce a DRO to the judge. I want to complain and seek compensation.

Who do i talk to?

Hi Wiseajak,

Barclays will have received the paperwork - they just haven't managed to get it to the right person or department. However, that is their failure and their problem.

I would make a log of all letters, demands or phone calls received and use this as the basis of a formal complaint to Barclays HQ.

You could even take court action against the bank using BCOBS, seeking compensation at the discretion of the court and/or any consequential losses.

• 2 months later...

Hi

Just looking for some opinions really.

I had to make a formal complaint to barclays due to the fact they were chasing a loan i had taken out with them but i had fallen into hardship and applied and was approved a debt relief order.

Thy were informed on numerous occaions of this by me and the Official Reciever. The denied ever getting any if the 4 copies if the paperwork sent to them and continued to persure me for the debt.

I made a formal complaint and conveinetly i was sent a letter saying they had the DRO and ajusted their records

acordingly. I still complained and was given £60 towards the cost of phone calls i had to make to them on 0845 number and on a mobile.

However they refused to compensate me for my stress and anxeity caused and also that imof my partner, i suffer with mental health issues and im on ESA because of it.

I had a call from the ombudmans saying that they were offering me a further £60 compnesation.

I however think this is insulting considering the timescale it took them to hold their hands up and admit fault and the stress it put me under and the fact they were chasing me after being informed im leglly protected, even the ombudman dealing with it says i could get more then this.

How much more do you think i could push for?

This is the typical response of the FOS. Half-hearted, limp-wristed.

If you think that you have been treated unfairly then you could bring a small claim under COBS in the County Court.

Quite straightforward and if you kept the claim very modest, I expect that they would fold rather than fight - but do be prepared to go to court - in case they feel feisty.

How long did it all go on for?

• 3 years later...

i cant find my last thread on this so many appoligies .

in 2012 i took out a loan.

sadly i lost my job not long after and fell behind with payments. in Dec 2012

i was granted a debt relief order which expired on 12th dec 2013.

now my understanding is the debt is now written off but its showing as an open but defaulted account on my credit file.

is this correct or should it read closed/ settled?

every month has a red D next to it.

i did have issues with the lender getting them to accept i had A DRO.

they kept claiming they never got the paperwork from me or the insolvancy service.

2 copies from me by recorded post and 2 from the IS.

they finally accknowledged it as soon as i lodged an official complaint.

thank you.

4 threads merged for history.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

any debt in your DRO should be defaulted from the day you opened the DRO or before

is this debt defaulted as above

and they