bought a mazda mx5 last week - diff / brake discs and tyres - advice needed pls

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1653 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I just bought a 2007 Mazda MX5, 42000 on the clock and in good nick. After having it a few days - I called the guy as its pulling to the left on acceleration. Also - Diff noise is audible too. He picked it up - took it to Mazda for a health check and the report says:

Front tyres are low

changed battering in key fob

slight corrosion to front discs

and I was spot on about the Diff

so when he's back from hols in 10 days time - he's gonna get the diff fixed and sorted.

to be honest - I'd be expecting him to put 2 new tyres on it at £100 a piece for Bridgestone tyres (recommended)

Does that sound unreasonable?

L.

Private or trade sale

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Did you not notice the tyres when you bought it? Who buys a car and doesn't check the tyres????

Private seller..he is under no obligation to sort anything.

Commercial seller....likely he will sort diff, but tyres etc, your problem unless seller is very charitable that day.