No Help Removal Etc Council Downsizing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm hoping someone may have some advice for me ,

I've recently moved into a smaller council property I had a 3 bedroom but only needed a 2 bedroom , they found me a house transfer ,

My housing officer said they would help with removals etc

She was only a temp

When I rang them asking for help i was told "no and that I should apply for a budgeting loan from the social fund"

I explained to the man that I had only 2 days to move and he said "sorry nothing we can do"

I've spent ALL my bill money just moving here as it's 40 miles away , I still have stuff at the old property ,

I know in england they actually pay you for downgrading to smaller property with less bedrooms ,

But here in Wales I'm stuck

It will take 2 weeks or more for a budgeting loan to go through and my bills need paying 3 days ago ,

I had to pay "a man with a van" who someone told me about I paid him £70 to move the sofa and fridge etc ,

Plus the new house I'm at now does not have gas it's electric only and my oven was a gas cooker so I've had to leave it at the old house , I'm living day to day but it's getting to the point I cannot sleep it's 4.15am and I don't know what help if there even if there is any?

Any help I'd really appreciate it all

Hi I'm in Wales though , I know England do it

I feel so bad for my carer he sold his beloved playstation console to carpet the bedrooms , my auntie sent him down from England because she thought he was getting involved with the wrong crowd , he's only 22 and he dragged this carpet he bought all by himself , I'm feeling so guilty as this I was hoping for a new start as I lived neat abusive family ,

And everything is going wrong , he's put 1200 miles extra on his car when I know it needs servicing

That's just going back n forth to the house , it's 87 miles in total going there and back ,

I'm asthmatic and my allergies are at there worst as I'm allergic to dust (of all things) ,

How they expect me to fund everything is beyond me ,

Im negative £60 in my bank and England are very understanding about all the extra money that arises from moving , Wales im sad to say are not

I've searched and searched and I can't seem to find anything about financial help

Thank you for looking though mickymack

Blimey expenses to another property? never ever have I heard that in 70+ years, better put in claims for the last 65 years of different moves by my parents and myself! this country has gone mad - and out of the real world order relating to reality

Only thing I can see as might be fair if say you are in a 3 bedroom with only 2 in use, then forced to move to smaller place yes as incentive to act on when not objecting?

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Yes I moved to a smaller property as I was only using 2 bedrooms and I lived in a 3 bedroom , I'd been living there 16 years too afraid to do anything , you see "Oldcogger" I don't want a pity party but I'm not one of these people who just moan at whatever I possibly can , I grew up with an alcoholic mother who wanted to leave us 4 kids to be with a man in england ,

I had to get her friend to try and talk her OUT of it , my childhood ended when i was 12 years old , I took care of my 3 brothers so they wouldn't go into care ,

I went through abuse , the list goes on , my husband was a violent cruel man and my house became my own sanctuary but at the same time , my own prison ,

I lost a partner due to a motorcycle accident and when you see someone with there head twice as big and there jaw hanging off ,

YES it would have helped to have some support but I've NEVER had it

I'm nearly 40 years old and wasted my life being frightened and I take this opportunity to move and at least try to make my life better ,

Did you stop and think that maybe during the 65 years of moving your family had HELP in doing so , so therefore didn't really have to pay anything

I've got NOBODY and had to pay strangers to take big items from my house , money that was for bills

I would have thought a lady of your age or a man , would at least think outside the box as in not everyone has the same situation ,

Do you think I'd waste my time asking for help on here if I didn't need it !!

This new house has electric only so my gas cooker is useless so for most people buying a new one is expensive ,

Im on benefits yes

Your comment "Oldcogger" was just pointless why you felt the need to put other people down then I think it's time to look at your own values !!

Blimey expenses to another property? never ever have I heard that in 70+ years, better put in claims for the last 65 years of different moves by my parents and myself! this country has gone mad - and out of the real world order relating to reality

Only thing I can see as might be fair if say you are in a 3 bedroom with only 2 in use, then forced to move to smaller place yes as incentive to act on when not objecting?

The o/p has freed up a bigger property that a family might need- seems fair to help with basic removal costs.

To the o/p- is your income from benefits? Have you gone back to the council and told them that you were incorrectly advised?

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.

It's in everyone's best interests that people don't under-occupy council (or other social) housing. Of course, there are times when it's not possible for a tenant to move, and this is why the Bedroom Tax is fundamentally unjust, but where a tenant is both able and willing to move, and a smaller property is available, then providing them with help to do so seems eminently sensible.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

With a dearth of properties and families in overcrowded accommodation it makes sense for councils to give an incentive for those in a position to do so to downsize. Helpless2016 you might find it useful to visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau and get impartial non judgemental advice.

There are local yahoo groups that you can join.

Once a member you could ask help from local people and you'll be surprised how many will do.

I have helped a few elderly people move or dispose of their furniture and I was never alone.

Give it a go!

Also, one of the groups is called Freegle or Freecycle and people give away stuff they don't need anymore.

You can post a "wanted" advert on it for an electric cooker.

First port of call should be CAB as they probably have a list of organisations that help people on benefits and will probably know a few that would be useful to yourself.

Take a look to see if there's a community advice organisation in your new area. Our local area has one and they can normally give you an indication of what help could be available,

If your new place is with a housing association there could be the possibility of discretionary payments which are basically there to help people on low incomes.

Foodbanks -: - yes right not a favourite conversation piece but it could be something that puts a little food on the table and could free up a little money for other things. I believe that some Doctors, benefit offices, councils can authorise these. CAB could probably give you more info on this.

Fregle/Freecycle, these can help but you have to register and they generally want you to OFFER something first before you can post wanted requests. (I actually got my account on Fregle closed when I sent a message to the moderators reporting another Fregle account user who was running around in a van collecting everything they could from people and then selling it at a local boot sale).

Gumtree -:- yes some people do offer FREE items on here occasionally but in general it's large stuff (sofa's, Fridge/Freezers) so you would probably have to pay someone to get it for you.

Just a few ideas but I think the CAB organisation should be the highest one on the list.