Egg Card now owned by Barclaycard

MandM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well lets just say 4 now u will not believe what they are capable off but i put my 47 page WS plus bundles of evidence in court today im positive the Judge will enjoy reading it lol

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening M,

My agreement was also dated 2001, there was no mention of PPI in that or T&C's either.

Their response to my SAR included a screen shot of my 'on line' application, PPI didnt show there either.

HOWEVER, when I filed my complaint, their 'bog off - you ticked the box' letter also included a screen shot of my application which DID show the box was ticked.

Dont take any cr*p - go get 'um.

'B'

Evening M,

My agreement was also dated 2001, there was no mention of PPI in that or T&C's either.

Their response to my SAR included a screen shot of my 'on line' application, PPI didnt show there either.

HOWEVER, when I filed my complaint, their 'bog off - you ticked the box' letter also included a screen shot of my application which DID show the box was ticked.

Dont take any cr*p - go get 'um.

'B'

Hi B,

That's the plan ;). Just cobbling the letter together and doing a bit more reading in the PPI forums. When I complained to them in 08 they sent the 'screenshot' according to their letter.

They've not put anything from the application into the SAR docs though. Call me suspicious but it could suggest that they may be a bit worried that it doesn't compare too well with the one they sent last year.

Will keep digging,

M

MandM

You have a PM

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• 4 weeks later...

Decided it was best to put this in a new thread in the PPI forum so as not to confuse the issue.

Have held back on this a bit as I have had other issues with Egg but thought that now might be a good time to crack it ('scuse the pun :))

I have (or should I say 'had') an Egg card (2001). Defaulted last year (amongst others) following a change in circumstances and have been paying a very small amount to DLC (acting for Egg) since July. The application was done on-line in Oct 01 and a full agreement was sent out for me to sign and return (which I did).

In June 08 I did contact Egg as there was PPI on the card and was told "you ticked the box so tough - you have 6 months to appeal if you don't agree".

This was Pre-Cag and I knew no better - they sent me a letter confirming this and what was supposed to be a picture of a realtime application which supposedly proved that I asked for it.

Because of my other on-going battles with Egg I have CCA'd them and had my SAR stuff back.

I now have>>>>>>

(i) A copy of my signed agreement - this does not mention PPI anywhere!!!

(ii) All of my statements for the entire life of the card (and I have calculated all of the PPI that was taken).

I can see nothing on the agreement at all regarding the PPI. I do vaguely remember ticking the box (possibly) but if I recall correctly when you reached that part on the online application you could not read the terms and conditions as the page would time out meaning you had to restart the whole application again! So you had to tick one or the other to move on.

I'm pretty sure that there was nothing telling you that you could seek the PPI elsewhere etc. and my feeling is that I may have ticked it with a "sort it out later" view when the paperwork turns up. But i'm also just as sure that I never had any paperwork for the PPI element - it's certainly not mentioned in the signed agreement.

What should be the next move? Looking for a bit of guidance here as PPI was not an intended problem when I joined CAG so I haven't really got to grips with the do's and don'ts of it all.

MandM

Hi MandM

Watching with interest, exactly the same as me, mine was 1999/2000 you are right that you probably like me filled in the online forms more than once as they timed out. To complete the action you had to rush through the application, I had the same reply last year when sending letter regarding ppi.

Letter says that must have ticked it as the box contained words that cover was for i.e sickness/unemployment (I was Self employed )

Have subbed to this.

Jim

Hi MandM

Watching with interest, exactly the same as me, mine was 1999/2000 you are right that you probably like me filled in the online forms more than once as they timed out. To complete the action you had to rush through the application, I had the same reply last year when sending letter regarding ppi.

Letter says that must have ticked it as the box contained words that cover was for i.e sickness/unemployment (I was Self employed )

Have subbed to this.

Jim

Welcome Jim. If you were S/Emp I think you have a better chance than me as your PPI was worthless. Have you read Beachcombers thread?

Also, giving this thread a polite bump :)

M

Hi MandM

Just read Beachcombers thread, makes it sound easy. I will have to look for a template letter to demand repayment of premiums. It does apply to credit card accounts aswell ?? My account is defaulted and in their dcas hands, would I get A cheque do you think (drinks all round). I can dream can't I.

The minimum payment on the card was paid by DD each month for all the time it was OK NEVER checked statements online as we used Dial up internet when the card was taken out, then with kids using the net and phone disabled when using never found right time, then went to Broadband and egg was never in my mind. It was probably 2006 when telephoned them to ask about doing bal transfer ( 0% anniversary bonus or something ) they asked me if I had any idea what my credit limit was, Yes says I about 3,500 OH NO says she it is more than 10,000 so I used it ( super balance transfer )

Jim

Decided it was best to put this in a new thread in the PPI forum so as not to confuse the issue.

Have held back on this a bit as I have had other issues with Egg but thought that now might be a good time to crack it ('scuse the pun :))

I have (or should I say 'had') an Egg card (2001). Defaulted last year (amongst others) following a change in circumstances and have been paying a very small amount to DLC (acting for Egg) since July. The application was done on-line in Oct 01 and a full agreement was sent out for me to sign and return (which I did).

In June 08 I did contact Egg as there was PPI on the card and was told "you ticked the box so tough - you have 6 months to appeal if you don't agree".

This was Pre-Cag and I knew no better - they sent me a letter confirming this and what was supposed to be a picture of a realtime application which supposedly proved that I asked for it.

Because of my other on-going battles with Egg I have CCA'd them and had my SAR stuff back.

I now have>>>>>>

(ii) All of my statements for the entire life of the card (and I have calculated all of the PPI that was taken).

I can see nothing on the agreement at all regarding the PPI. I do vaguely remember ticking the box (possibly) but if I recall correctly when you reached that part on the online application you could not read the terms and conditions as the page would time out meaning you had to restart the whole application again! So you had to tick one or the other to move on.

I'm pretty sure that there was nothing telling you that you could seek the PPI elsewhere etc. and my feeling is that I may have ticked it with a "sort it out later" view when the paperwork turns up. But i'm also just as sure that I never had any paperwork for the PPI element - it's certainly not mentioned in the signed agreement.

What should be the next move? Looking for a bit of guidance here as PPI was not an intended problem when I joined CAG so I haven't really got to grips with the do's and don'ts of it all.

MandM

Just bumping. :)

M

I now have>>>>>>

MandM

Bump.

Cannot seem to find enough info relating to card PPI.

M

I now have>>>>>>

MandM

If they cannot produce the CCA showing you had agreed to the PPI then that is their problem. It is not up to you to prove it was mis-sold it is up to Egg to prove it was not and the lack of a CCA and probably a customer demands and needs questionaire would IMO show they are holding back with information. If you have not received all you asked for in your Subject Access Request then you can write back and ask them for this information.

You can be specific with what data you request although the Subject Access Request is really asking for everything. The Statutory fee is £10.00 Postal Order is fine but keep the details of the number for future reference. The post office will be able to confirm when it was encashed (just call 01246 542091 they will even send written confirmation if you request it) Send all correspondence by at least recorded to be signed for so you can track delivery through Royal Mail

You should request the following documents:

A true copy of your Consumer Credit Agreement with the Terms and Conditions that were applicable at the time you took the loan/card/mortgage.

A ‘demands and needs’ questionnaire.

Copies of all statements applicable to the loan/card/mortgage.

Copies of all correspondence that apply to you as a data subject ie letters, emails, faxes etc.

Copies of all recorded telephone calls or transcripts of the recordings.

Copies of any notes made by bank/loan company staff in their dealings with you as a data subject.

Do not be fobbed off by them citing issues such as relevant filing systems.

If they have any records/data on you as a data subject and it is held under your name, address, post code, account number/s or any other system where the data is identifiable to you then it is a relevant filing system. Even if it is a specific serial number on microfiche records and the serial number is applicable to you.

You can adjust this to fit with a letter stating the exact information you are missing and tell them to provide it as you have paid the relevant £10 fee.

If they then do not comply you can submit a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office ...Link to the complaint form is here...

Complaints - Information Commissioners Office

If you have not looked in detail at the stickies at the top of this forum I would advise you spend some time and do some investigating.

All new posters this is **important**

BANKS are giving incorrect advice on PPI

Mis-sold PPI? Want your money back? use these links to help

there is much more on this site you just have to spend time and look. At then end of the day it will be worth your while :D

aa

• Haha 1

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Update :- PPI is now with the FOS. As for the credit card balance, I was with DLC. Stopped paying them and any conversations were short and sweet (along the lines of "go do one").

Now ARC have the account. Had a few letters - usual threats. Had one conversation last week where I answered the phone (mobile - my mistake) and told the lady that it was now with the FOS and in light of the issues with the agreement coupled with my complaint to the FOS I was paying no more (DLC were only getting a token payment previously anyway).

Now had 2 letters from Trevor Munn threatening legal action - both of which i've ignored. I feel inclined to reply to TM and invite them to take me to court - see what happens.

M

More whinging calls from ARC. For info they now use a mobile number 07854 149150

M

OK, I hear it!

But use a template letter from her and tell them that they cannot call. They have to write.

That way they cannot call you, if they do, record it and send to the authorities.

• 3 months later...

Hi Mrs M here.

Mr M is at work but wanted to get this up as soon as. Had a reply from the FOS after 5 months.

003-6.jpg

Have left out the last page as did not want to give the name of the adjudicator. Not much on it.

Not sure where they are going with this as we informed them in the complaint form that Egg refused the complaint in 2008. So they have wasted 5 months to tell us something they obviously knew from the form.

Any comments or advice would be appreciated.

Mrs M

Hi.

Decided to look again at the letter sent from egg in 2008 and I noticed that the letter does not contain the words Final Response.

Had a look on the FOS website and found a newsletter dated 2001 which clearly states what a Final Response letter should contain.

001-11.jpg

Have sent an email to the Adjudicator handling my case and informed her that I do not agree with her finding and enclosed the article in their Newsletter.

Will let you know the outcome.

MandM