Egg Card now owned by Barclaycard

MandM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks! I prefer not to receive the CCA as the account remains in dispute.

He he . Very good point.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else have any 2001ish Egg Agreements where PPI was (apparently) requested in the application (on line) but not mentioned on the agreement? And has anyone argued on this point?

Thanks,

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Does anyone else have any 2001ish Egg Agreements where PPI was (apparently) requested in the application (on line) but not mentioned on the agreement? And has anyone argued on this point?

Thanks,

M

If anyone has a view on the above point i'd be pleased to hear from you.

Have now calculated my PPI and my claim is almost £14k!!!!

I now have the starting letter for PPI but I think the fact that it is not mentioned in the agreement is relevant. Apparently, it is 'ticked' in the box on the online application but they can't or won't send me this despite my SAR,

thanks,

M

Have you read this from the FSA:

Egg fined £721,000 and will compensate PPI customers

PF

• Haha 1

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

And plenty here that may help you with you request for refund.

FSA FINES EGG - Google Search

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

thanks PF. Was aware of their existance but now now where to find them thanks to the links. ;). Nice one.

Special thanks to you too for the Info that's got me this far. Lots of typing but well worth the effort.

MandM,

Your Welcome, I only regret that I could not have help you sooner but as I said I have been very busy this past month.

But the court case will benefit many members here who have been unfortunate to get a law firm by the name of Optima Legal acting against them.

Still at least you will be ready to get this put in motion at the start of new year and of course as I am subbed to this thread I will follow it and offer advice as you go along.

Including if it ends up with the FOS as I have plenty of experience there too.

My PPI CLaim with the Co-op Bank for a sum totalling nearly £25,000 is soon to be sorted.

That has been ongoing now for over 18 mths.

I'm sure that 2010 will be kinder to me than 2009 lol

Regards

PF

thanks PF. Was aware of their existance but now now where to find them thanks to the links. ;). Nice one.

Special thanks to you too for the Info that's got me this far. Lots of typing but well worth the effort.

I got a full PPI refund off Egg but they fight dirty. Not responding to letters, witholding information and lying are but three tactics. Send everything recorded delivery, write frequent follow up letters when they don't respond and use the threat of the Financial Ombudsman Service to make them start to make you seriously. The FOS is completely free to use, and will adjudicate on whether your claim should be paid out. It will look at your complaint (see some examples) and decide whether your policy was sold unfairly or unreasonably. It can only do so once eight weeks have passed from the date of your first complaint letter, unless the lender itself specifically suggests you go to the Ombudsman.

To make its decision the FOS will look at each case individually, so if yours is a matter of you saying one thing happened but your lender disagrees, the FOS will decide if it thinks the lender acted fairly. As the party with responsibility to provide full details of the insurance, the lender are expected to have more evidence on what happened to back up its case.

Currently, of the cases that need to go as far as the Ombudsman, two thirds are being awarded in consumers' favour. And even if yours isn’t, there is no penalty for losing, it just means you don’t get the money back.

I am using the FOS against Abbey who point blank refused to refund my PPI. There is a huge backlog at the FOS, but once in the system, your claim will eventually be reviewed. I have waited several months now but have an acknowledgement letter that my case is in a queue.

Egg are in deep (insert a word of your choice) due to the level of PPI claims and also the number of badly written and unenforceable CCAs that they issued in the earlier years and are acting like this in self defense.

Thanks Ali, will choose my next move very carefully.

M

I have a question on Egg interest rates>>>>>>

Have been working out the interest owed by them for the PPI on the card.

Egg use a monthly balance; for example 0.944%. I assumed that to get to the APR you would multiply this by 12 i.e. 0.944 x 12 = 11.328% APR.

However, in Eggs example in their T&Cs they say 0.944% monthly gives an APR of 11.9%. Does any one know how to work this out as the calculators for working out interest need the yearly APR,

Also, can anyone point me at a good letter to fire off to Egg. Have looked at a few on here now and thought I had it - but most relate a lot to loans and single payment PPI.

To summarise, mine is a card; 2001; wrote to Egg last year and they said "bog-off" (pre-cag); Any pointers much appreciated.

Thanks

MandM

Hiya M,

I worked mine out at 13.9% APR, mine is a card and used self employment as reason for misselling ppi, they still told me to bog off twice so I went to the FOS, they have found in MY favour & I await Egg's refund - keep at 'em :)

beachy

Edited by beachcomber60
Spellin' - Shoppin' in one hand, iphone in t'other

Hiya M,

I worked mine out at 13.9% APR, mine is a card and used self employment as reason for misselling ppi, they still told me to bog off twice so I went to the FOS, they have found in MY favour & I awit Egg's refund - keep at 'em :)

beachy

Hi beachy,

Hope you're well. On mine I complained in 08 and they wrote back and said that i'd applied on line (may be true) as I ticked a box. But they've also said that all the info was then sent out (confirmatory documents) together with the Agreement and T& Cs.

Unfortunately for them I now have my SAR back and there's no mention of PPI in any of the docs :D.

Can also push them on lack of choice at point of sale etc so def going to give them a hard time.

On the APR I have all my statements for the whole 8 years and have the monthly interest charged on each (which varied). Just need to know how to turn that monthly figure into the true APR.

M

Dont worry, they pulled that stunt with me - you ticked the box, so luck.

The FOS decided differently & upheld my complaint.

Mine dates from 2001, although I managed to get the ppi cancelled in 2005.

If I can help in anyway give us a shout

(although I'm not home at the mo'. Being 'dragged' round the sales by the OH followed by a visit to the mother in law :( )

'B'

(although I'm not home at the mo'. Being 'dragged' round the sales by the OH followed by a visit to the mother in law :( )

'B'

Sounds like a bad day all round then LOL.

Found tha calculator (thanks google)

Converting APR from monthly to annual

Try the one above if anyone's looking for one :D

M

i have a tool that will convert apr from mth to yr i will post the link here this evening as i have it stored on my pc and im using my phone at the mo

oh great u got it mandm

i have a tool that will convert apr from mth to yr i will post the link here this evening as i have it stored on my pc and im using my phone at the mo

oh great u got it mandm

Thanks PF,

Yep, found one. Now re-doing all the calcs lol.

at least it takes the figure up

M

OK, all done. Was worth the effort - the small adjustment in the interest rate has made a difference of over £600 to the final figure!!!!

M

MandM,

Nice one amazing how it all totals up and just goes to show how much they are ripping us off.

PF

If I 'supposedly' ticked the box on the online application requesting PPI should there not be something to this effect in the signed agreement. It's not mentioned on the agreement.

Neither is PPI detailed or mentioned in the copy of the T&Cs Egg have sent!

Any ideas?

Thanks,

M

IMHO the agreement comes in the post for you to sign after the online for as the agreement is prepared from the info you gave online so yes it should be on the agreement.

If it is not you should have separate terms and conditions for the PPI.

Well Spotted

PF

IMHO the agreement comes in the post for you to sign after the online for as the agreement is prepared from the info you gave online so yes it should be on the agreement.

If it is not you should have separate terms and conditions for the PPI.

Well Spotted

PF

That's what i'm thinking of attacking them with. And, I assume, as they have now responded to the SAR it would be a bit difficult for them to come up with a new agreement or T&Cs.

I do feel that maybe they've possibly put the agreement together (in the absence of an original) as we had joint cards on this account and none of that part is shown as filled in!!! Maybe they've cheated a bit here and shot themselves in the foot :D

M

MandM, You could be right and unfortunetly it happens a lot i have first hand knowledge from one of the biggest offenders MBNA ill message you this evening

Thanks PF. Won't be home myself till about 8ish. Look forward to it. I also have a few MBNA issues myself and have found them to be very dishonest so far.

But on a brighter note they're only stoking my desire to attack them harder ;) so attack I will