Guest Miss Anxious
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Miss Anxious

Well.....he finally faxed it through to the doctors, but I had to ring up and make sure that it had been done....if I hadn't.....it would not.....so please anyone who is in this boat....learn by this.....keep on top of things..... Miss A.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least you've got it done now, and yes I know just how they operate in their attempt at social cleansing.

Edited by honeybee13
Possible defamation removed.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Guest Miss Anxious

I was hoping that Maximus might try and achieve a better service than Atos, but now I do wonder?

I hope what I have written here helps some others who have have had the dreaded ESA50 arrive after a deferral?

Don't be afraid to call the disability centre as they 'appear' to be quite pleasant and helpful on the phone, but you MUST follow up what they say they will do, or have done, and get the name of the person you spoke to.

Miss A.

Don't be afraid to call the disability centre as they 'appear' to be quite pleasant and helpful on the phone, but you MUST follow up what they say they will do, or have done, and get the name of the person you spoke to.

Miss A.

Yes, we have two organisations down here, (Portsmouth) One called D.I.A.L (A disability resource centre) and SEAP. an advocacy support centre, got a meeting with SEAP next week to try and claim PIP..!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Guest Miss Anxious
Yes, we have two organisations down here, (Portsmouth) One called D.I.A.L (A disability resource centre) and SEAP. an advocacy support centre, got a meeting with SEAP next week to try and claim PIP..!

BB, What I was referring to was Maximus who are called the disability centre. I've been tracking my claim with them.

I saw my doctor on thursday who has stated "I am clearly unfit for work" and she will support me. She had the ESA113 in front of her and said it was her priority to fill it in and send it off to Maximus. I am so relieved and it brought me to tears as I was so worked up about her possibly not supporting me......

Now I'll follow it up with Maximus to see if they've received it...any bets they'll say they haven't???.......

Miss A.

Yes, I would definitely ask to have a copy of it, explain to her how they operate, and will almost certainly claim they've not received it, or it will get lost further down the chain of fools, so if you have a copy you can resend it to them, AND have it with you when you have to go for your interrogation.

Guest Miss Anxious

Thanks everyone, and I will do that on Tuesday, when the surgery opens....it's funny how everyone thinks the same as me......DON'T TRUST MAXIMUS!!.....Even although they are nice on the phone, they have a hidden agenda!

Miss A.

Guest Miss Anxious

Having said all that, I do feel if I have to go to appeal ( and I was not considering it) that my doctor is on my side. She was amazing.......

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Miss Anxious

UPDATE****ESA113.........

My surgery posted off the ESA113 to the Health and disability centre. They then said they hadn't received it! Surprise surprise. So the chap there who I've been speaking to ,rang my surgery last night and asked them to fax it to him. They did, and now he has it.

I read it through and found it in my favour. Reading it objectively, I would not employ me!! (I asked the surgery for a copy)

He read it through and we amended a couple of things and he initialled it. His opinion was that it was very thorough and my clinic report dated back to 1971...! He said it appeared positive , but it was not him who makes the decision. He also said that the history also proves that my conditions have not come on all of a sudden!

He is now awaiting my file to come back, from wherever it is, so he can attach this to my ESA50 for the "nurse" to peruse and make a decision.

He said he hope we should have one by next week.

I must say I feel a bit better, as at least my doctor is on my side. My doctor also told me that "maximus" are employing doctors to do the WCA's, so how can a doctor assessing me go against another doctors opinion?

We'll see, and I'll keep you posted.

For anyone who is interested, the department I've been phoning are the "Resource Department" of the health and disability centre who sent the ESA50 out in the first place. So far they have been more than pleasant to me......

My counsellor agreed with me that keeping in touch with them is better for me as I was being proactive which is better than sitting around worrying, (which I can't help)

A few people on here said NOT to phone, but I'm afraid I went against their advice, and feel better for it....Each to their own.

It's only advice MA, you do what you like with it, if you want to ring them, and it's helped you, then none of us can say you're wrong, just glad that you're happier and have been able to deal with it constructively, the only reason why I ring these departments is because i am able to record the calls, as I have the Rolls Royce of telehone recorders, Truecall!

Guest Miss Anxious

Well done you..I'm not that sophisticated when it comes to record, but they record all calls anyway, don't they?

Not sure, but as you say.being proactive has helped me, and I've eaten a bit today.....result.....BB !

Firms often claim to record the calls, but quite often it's just their attempt at intimidating you with the old ''well we have it on record you said this''.

Take it with a pinch of salt.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Miss Anxious

Well, I rang Maximus today and spoke to the lovely man who has been helping me, I can't thank him enough.

He said he had good news, and I am being assessed on the paper evidence from myself and the ESA113 from my doctor. He told me my file was being sent back to DWP for the decision maker to obviously decide........I am truly grateful for all the help on this site, and if I can help anyone at all I will.

I don't know the prognosis yet, but will phone tomorrow.....I am feeling so much better as knowing I don't have to go through the trauma of getting to the centre.

I will keep you posted, but what I will say is, give it your best, don't give up, there is light at the end of the tunnel......believe you me, I thought at one point there was no light, and thought of the options.......not good...

I believe you should not sit back and worry, not be afraid to call, as, at the end of the day...the result, is the result............For me being proactive worked......I wish you all the best.

I will update you with my prognosis.

Miss A.....

PS I will sleep tonight, what a relief!

Excellent for you MA, if it puts your mind at rest then you do what is good for you.

It certainly negates all of the waiting around for their letters which invariably go missing etc etc. Lets hope the prognosis is just as good for you! :thumb:

Get a good nights kip.... BB

Guest Miss Anxious

Thanks to you al who have taken their tie to respond. I will now be on the lookout for posts like mine, hoping I can be of some help.....thanks again x Sleep well....I hope to do....

Guest Miss Anxious

**UPDATE** the DWP rang me today to inform me that I am now, after being on ESA since 2010 that I am now in the support group....what a relief...also I'd been having child maintenance deductions for whatever reason...my son is now 25 and i have not had child tax credits since he was 21.....so maybe a back payment.....

Maybe my new name should be...

Miss Less Anxious.....

Guest Miss Anxious

I would just like to add this was without a face t face assessment. This was based on my medical evidence and the ESA113 that my doctor completed for me.

I also have t say, if i hadn't kept tabs on the progress I'm not so sure i would have had the same outcome. Maximus were fne with me phoning every other day, and were helpful, so I can't really fault them......hope this helps at least one person

Good luck to all.

• 4 weeks later...
Firms often claim to record the calls, but quite often it's just their attempt at intimidating you with the old ''well we have it on record you said this''.

Take it with a pinch of salt.

Hi, well done Miss A, just wanted to add to your point Baz B, about firms recording calls.

The last 3 so callled recorded calls, 1 cant trace the call, 2 cant trace call as i used a withheld number ( i had a name, date and time.) 3 thats person has now left.

So yes a very big pinch of salt !