received parking 'fine' from Parkingeye

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello I am new to this forum.

2-3 months ago I received a parking fine when I overstayed in a free supermarket car park by 2 additional hours in july this year. the limit was 2 hours I stayed 4. I was charged £85 (reduced to £50 is paid quickly)

I did shopping in the supermarket but also went uptown and forgot the time.

anyway, I appealed this as I believed it was too harsh since the carpark was not full and I don't believe I cost the company or the supermarket £85 by my overstay. I sent a cheque of £15.00 to parking eye as I believe this to be a fair figure.(actually sent two because I didn't think they received first)

this has since been cashed by parking eye but they demand more from me. They did however give me an additional 14days (starting 3days ago) to pay at the reduced rate again.

the problem I have, is that I have sent two separate £15.00 cheques at least one has been cashed in(haven't checked bank to see if both were yet) so surely I would have to only pay £20.00 more, not the £50 or £85 they are asking for.

on top of this, I rang their automated service number to pay tonight and after giving my details over the response given was 'there is no outstanding amount due for this reference number'

so my issues are:

I tried to pay but was told I owed nothing

I am sent two letters demanding payment both on same day, both asking for different amounts

I have already paid £15 (potentially £30) 3-4 weeks earlier, neither acknowledged but cashed

I have no idea what I owe, no idea if I even owe it anymore, no acknowledgement of payment and not able to pay on phone.

I am getting a little concerened because I have also received a letter before court claim and being self employed as a tradesman I rely on my credit rating a lot.

Can anyone give me some advice please

regards

Firstly can you confirm on the their paperwork that they have used the word fine???

As its not a fine but a speculative invoice for some supposed breaking of a contract you never entered into

Shame you got spoofed into paying them

So you got the notice to keeper and appealed... Did you get a popla code?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, yes it is a charge not fine.

yes I got a popla code. however since 1 letter offered the charge back down at reduced rate and since I have sent £30 already, I was just thinking pay the remaining £20 and get it out the way.

but im not really sure what I owe anymore

regards

Hello there.

I don't understand why you would want to send them another £20 when you probably didn't owe the £30 that you already sent.

Have you had a read around the forum please? You may not appreciate yet what a rip-off these letters are.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

You have had a lbcc and a letter offering a reduced payment in the last few days?

Is all the correspondence you have received for just the one parking charge notice?

And which supermarket is this? Have you provided a copy of the receipt for your shopping to PE at anytime?

You shopped in the supermarket and spent money there

A different company wants to charge you for spending money

There is no loss

Have you complains to the supermarket?

Is it how an paying customer should be treated?

The supermarket own the car park,it would of been part of planning permission

They employ the parking company

What loss has anyone suffered ?

Apart from you sending parking lie money

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

By sending a cheque you have offered another contract to PE and by cashing it they have accepted this new contract. Stop trying to ring them, pay them any more or anything else. A simple letter stating that they have acepted your revision of the contractual terms offered and that is that. If they continue to demand more money they will find themselves in breach of the revised contract and you will seek damages from them for this breach and harassment.

Cancel the uncashed cheque.