Parking Eye ANPR PCN PAPLOC - dismissed appeal 15mins stay after 10pm - Colne Road, Clacton on Sea

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was collecting my partner from work whose shift finished at 10pm and this car park serves the restaurant he was working in

I arrived at 21:53 and he finally came out at 22:09

I received a fine for £100, reducing to £60 if paid within 14 days

I appealed this straight away as I was collecting a member of staff from the venue which is attached to the car park and have received a response today saying they haven't received sufficient evidence and that the appeal has been unsuccessful

Do I have to pay this?

Is there anywhere I can appeal to?

Hi.

It's a shame you appealed, we don't recommend that and we certainly wouldn't advise appealing to anyone else. 

It isn't a fine, we call them speculative invoices. You probably won't have to pay this but we need more information. I'm on my phone atm but hopefully someone will link to the forum sticky with a questionnaire.  Please sit on your hands for now. 

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

It is not a fine next time don't appeal

Await and see if they send a letter of claim

can you you fill in our have you received a parking ticket sticky from the page where you created your thread too please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Please complete this.

The more information we have the more we can undermine their claim

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/391121-have-you-received-a-parking-ticket/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...

Hi

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

(must be received within 14 days from the Incident)

Please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement

10/08/2021

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]

13/08/2021

[scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide]

please do not put JPG Picture files into your post

3 Date received

19/08/2021

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]

Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]

Yes

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

Yes

7 Who is the parking company?

Parking Eye

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]

Colne Road, Clacton on Sea

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

Independent Appeals Service POPLA

I have today received my letter before county court claim

I have completed the questions and attached here

Do I need to cover my name and address on the scan before uploading?

Scans attached

• dx100uk changed the title to Parking Eye ANPR PCM Claimform - dismissed appeal for a 3 minute stay after 10pm - Colne Road, Clacton on Sea

you need to reply to PE with a suitable snotty letter.  Use our search function and post up a draft of something you think suitable.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

15 minutes ago, Fringer said:

Sorry I'm not very good at this

That makes two of us!

I remember the first time I had to upload something to the site, I was sure I'd mess it up due to how useless I was.  Fortunately whoever wrote the instructions had done so so clearly that amazingly it worked.  Just read the instructions.

As HB says, no rush.

When you have time also post up a draft of a snotty letter.

• dx100uk changed the title to Parking Eye ANPR PCN PAPLOC - dismissed appeal 15mins stay after 10pm - Colne Road, Clacton on Sea

title updated

might be useful if we can see the text of your appeal too just so we dont make any silly mistakes in the wording of your snotty letter too please

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi all

I believe I have covered everything up I need to

I have been scrawling through to find out whether I should in fact answer the letter I received but cannot find an answer for looking

Would anyone be able to link me to a template please?

Sorry I'm so rubbish at this 

I also do not have a copy of the appeal letter 🙄, I had just said that I was only there for a short time collecting a member of staff.

PCN+LOC.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
pdf properly redacted

Everyone on this site has made mistakes in legal cases, the important thing is to learn from them for the future.

You really should keep copies of all correspondence when you're in legal dispute.  We now have to try to guess what you put in an important communication.

Can you remember if you outed yourself as the driver?

Does your OH still work in the same place?  Can he gets photos of the signage in the car park at night so we see the signs as you saw them?

I'm trying to think of how to undermine PE's case but we haven't got much to go on.

I do normally keep copies of everything but I've recently separated from my husband and lots of stuff has disappeared or been mislaid

He doesn't work there anymore but I can go and get photos of the sign

I do believe I said that I was just collecting him from work so yes, I outed myself as the driver 🙊

thread tied

pdf properly redacted and blank pages + unnecessary ones removed.

dx

and they

OK, understood.

if it's easy for you, yes, please get photos of the signage at night.  Signs at the entrance to the car park are particularly important.

Don't park in the damn place though this time!

Superb work.

Watch out that PENAULTY Notices apply though 🤣

• Haha 1

the pic with the small print text which is blurred might also be useful botton of sign

we might need that later..

pop that pix up zoomed into the text please as a sep PDF 

and they

6 hours ago, Fringer said:

the space where I parked states STAFF PARKING which I believe should cover me as I was collecting a member of staff

That's an interesting point. I don't think you mentioned it before. Maybe that's another thing you can use in your defence.

Looks like PE's evidence is limited to ANPR photos of your entry and exit time so they don't know you were parked in staff parking.  But presumably there's a way that staff of the restaurant can go in and out to use the staff parking area. Otherwise they'd all get a PCN every night. So how does that work? Did you say your partner doesn't work there any more? Does he know how the staff parking worked?

Ethel is right.  Try to find out from your ex or from other staff in the restaurant how staff parking works.

I did ask at the time whether they restaurant could write a letter for me stating I was collecting a member of staff but got told the car park is nothing to do with them

I will ring them again though and ask the question

clearer pics of the small print attached 

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-05 at 3.10.51 PM-converted.pdf

I've just managed to speak to someone at the restaurant 

Staff members give their registration to their manager who then pass it on to the land owner so it is logged

The girl told me you normally have a 10 minute window where you can stop and wait but any longer than that, a ticket is issued

She said her daughter was 30 seconds over the 10 mins and got a ticket in the summer 

Well done.

We moaned at you for appealing but ironically that could go in your favour.

So they "correctly" issued you with a ticket when you didn't pay.  You then informed them you were collecting a member of staff, and as they have a system in place for staff to be exempt from their scheme, they should have cancelled the ticket.  That is common sense. 

The problem of course is that PPCs don't do common sense and spend their time thinking up absurd rules for motorists to break so that they can issue their invoices.