disabled driver and parking eye ticket - **cancelled by site management**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you for the info,

go after the bosses of the retailers there,

give them all something to think about and see what happens.

I bet PE will cancel as a gesture of goodwill.

In the meanwhile keep an eye on the appeals clock and get in an appeal to PE on the grounds

that they have no authority to determine what the limit of parking is at that site

and demand sight of the contract with the landowner that agrees that the limit is 45 minutes

and what provision is made in that contract under the Equalities Act for people with mobility prblems.

They wont let you see it and they wont answer your question but it will give you a POPLA code

so you can hit them again with a demand to see their statements under the EA.

Thank you for the info, go after the bosses of the retailers there, give them all something to think about and see what happens. I bet PE will cancel as a gesture of goodwill. In the meanwhile keep an eye on the appeals clock and get in an appeal to PE on the grounds that they have no authority to determine what the limit of parking is at that site and demand sight of the contract with the landowner that agrees that the limit is 45 minutes and what provision is made in that contract under the Equalities Act for people with mobility prblems. They wont let you see it and they wont answer your question but it will give you a POPLA code so you can hit them again with a demand to see their statements under the EA.

I appealed to PE straight away

although I did not receive the letter for three days into the reduced payment.

I also contacted management at the site and informed them of the situation.

To be honest my appeal was exactly that,

nothing technical just the fact I could not have coped hurrying and quite obviously would not have parked without paying where needed.

I am sure they know that already because realistically who would in threat of this.

My appeal is open and I can contact them again now I have more information thank you.

And the same with the site who have not replied.

Thank you so much.

It actually feels like I have a chance.

PE wont change their mind whatever you say, focus your attention on the retailers and they will force PE to cancel if they can. Whose business is being wrecked by the stupid limits on parking, not PE's. If the retailers think that thy are going to get bad publicity over a disability issue that is none of their making they will apply pressure, you can be certain of that. the developer that owns the land wont give a toss about you but will listen to the tenants threatening to leave or demamd changes to stay, that costs them money. Basically you have to poke them and get them to rwact, rather than worrying about PE at this stage, you can do them over when you get your POPLA code and cost them money to boot. .

2. blue badges mean nothing on private land

True but 16.5 of the BPA code of practice says this...

If your landowner provides a concession that allows

parking for disabled people, if a vehicle displays a valid

Blue Badge you must not issue it with parking charge

notices.

To be perfectly honest at this moment in time I cannot get enough up to pay anyway.

WHAT are you thinking ???.

you came to C.A.G for help,

the help you will get will be second to none,

alot of us have already been their and done it!,

got the teeshirt

,got the ticket,

challenged and WON.

sit back put the kettle on and enjoy the ride.

knowing caggers are with you all the way,

don't get mad get even.

here when you need us,

have a nice day.

Hi everyone.

Thank you so much.

I help out in a group forum for people recently diagnosed with my illness.

I do hope I'm as helpful there as everyone has been to me here.

In thirty years of driving I truly never had a parking ticket.

Since having a blue badge issued I have had loads and like a fool have paid !

I even packed it away for months as I was literally a sitting duck.

I will briefly list some of the instances.

Mainly in free to everyone car parks

1. Meadowhall - free. Blue badge.

We have had a number of fraudulent blue badge users.

Driving licence, registered disability, log book and badge sent.

Had to pay as reply said all could have been fraudulently obtained.

2. Edge of windscreen tint obscuring reflective stamp on blue badge.

Total rubbish - asked warden in person before leaving car if everything was correct.

Ticketed 4 mins later

.3 free car park.disabled bay.

Rear wheel encroaching yellow line of bay - by 1/2" next to a wall !

4 free car park.

Left vehicle engine running and car door open while reading sign 10 steps away .

Warden parked next to me. Ticketed.

When I asked him what he was doing was told I was not allowed to address him,

write to the address.

Reason for ticket - not set clock !

5 get this one !!! Blue badge incorrectly displayed.

Upside down not wrong way up.

The list is endless.

So accept my apologies for ranting but I HAVE HAD ENOUGH.

Update on current ticket.

..I have received a curt reply from shopping site management.

Thank you for contacting us. I have enclosed a diagram of the signs situated at the entrance and within the car park.

The appeals process is described on the rear of the parking notice you have received. (however the next line says)

Please forward your parking notice issue number and the vehicle registration so I may assist parking eye with their investigation. .

.Now read into that what you will but thanks to the brilliant information from you ie ammunition, I am loaded and ready

. Disgusted, downtrodden, disabled - but not dead in the water yet ! Lauren xxx

..I have received a curt reply from shopping site management.

Thank you for contacting us. I have enclosed a diagram of the signs situated at the entrance and within the car park.

The appeals process is described on the rear of the parking notice you have received. (however the next line says)

Please forward your parking notice issue number and the vehicle registration so I may assist parking eye with their investigation. .

.Now read into that what you will but thanks to the brilliant information from you ie ammunition, I am loaded and ready

. Disgusted, downtrodden, disabled - but not dead in the water yet ! Lauren xxx

Send the information asked for, but also ask for their policy on the Equality Act 2010. Also the land owners, British land.

As an aside, this is the signage that is on site apparently;

http://www.stpetersretailpark.co.uk/parking-tariff-info

You can't even read the small print on a computer screen...

http://www.britishland.com/our-places/our-places.aspx#/list/search-mansfield/71226

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone.

After my reply from the retail site management I gave the details asked for by them but also asked for their policy re. Equality act

and if permission had been granted to issue a charge to a blue badged vehicle.

I also informed him that should parking eye decline my appeal I would be asking for the popla code and appealing at that stage too.

I have now received a reply from the retail management. -courtesy included.

I was addressed by name and that they could now inform me that parking eye would no longer be pursuing the charge made !!!

It is in the process of cancellation and I should be receiving confirmation shortly from them.

However if I wish to continue to visit the retail site may he reminded me that there is a 45min limit on parking to all visitors.

The following day I received the parking eye no reply email simply stating the charge reference number followed by charge cancelled. .

... I would like to thank you all.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, for taking the time to help and for your support.

One very grateful disabled driver.

Thank you !!!

there you go, perseverence and knowing which tree to throw the stones into has rewarded you with the fruit.

They could have done a damned sight more re equality but that would damage PE's income stream so winning one at a time will have to do for the moment.