ASDA online charged me twice and wont give money back for 10 days

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone. Ordered asda groceries as always, they didn't turn up yesterday.

40 minutes later I rang up they said they said it had been cancelled reasons unknown. They promised the local store would ring me back to try and squeeze it in that day, as payment had gone through.

Checked online banking and confirmed they had taken payment.

Didn't ring me so I rang them, they apologised, said they would send shopping tomorrow.

Got shopping today, however they have taken money a second time. Delivery driver said loads of orders got cancelled yesterday for same reason.

Phoned asda, they said if I get the authorisation number and fax number of NatWest, they will fax them so I can get an instant refund. Otherwise the money is held temporarily for 7-10 days.

NatWest gave me the authorisation code, but won't provide a fax number to the public and say their mechant provider (streamline) has the fax number.

Phoned back asda, they demand fax number, I merge them on a new call with NatWest, who put me through to card errors deparment. Natwest now say they cannot even act on a fax, it is completely asda's fault and up to them to get me my money back.

Asda will not do anything without this fax number. Their manager just went round and round in circles. They will not let me go into the store and have cash or do me a bank transfer. They say after 7-10 days I would have the money twice.

At the end of the day, I am out of pocket by £76. It is a weekend we are supposed to be taking the kids out today. We are now stuck. This is absolutely unacceptable I have to wait for this long banking process to resolve itself. Asda will not provide any sort of goodwill gesture.

Surely there must be something I can do to get these funds quicker. Why should we have to suffer?

I have recorded the entire call (over an hour plus 6 other calls totalling another hour) its quite comical to here how this manager, asdas highest point of contact, is so simply minded.

If I went into a shop and made the mistake of not paying for the shopping, then promise to pay them in 10 working days, they would insist this is stealing. How come it is acceptable the other way round?

Sorry for the rant I am livid right now. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks so much

Edited by citizenB

I agree, this is disgraceful and wonder how many others they have done this to.

Will try and find someone who can help.

What you do need to do is to send a complaint to Asda Head/Registered office.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Here you go :)

I kind of see your point, but also understand the payment clearing rules. Technically you shouldnt have been charged twice... Also I would run from Natwest, they are crap...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thank you I will give him an email.

They technically haven't charged me twice.

They have requested authorisation from Natwest twice.

Natwest authorised both transactions, but asda is only completing the second.

The first will be left to naturally expire which takes 3-5 days (according to NatWest).

However asda changed their tune half way through the call that both might have been authorised and so the refund will take 7-10 days.

Neither have shown on my bank statement yet they have just reduced the available balance.

Yes this is the last straw from NatWest, after glitch the other year left me unable to to pay for petrol

. And then the other glitch that stopped my wages and bounced half my direct debits.

As usually, I have to put the hours in to sort everything out.

I realise asda and NatWest are following a long established banking procedure,

but its time the little people stood up for themselves as these kind of things are not acceptable,

especially when the error is nothing to do with the customer.

Thats what I though, they are normal payment clearing times and the actual balance of the account will be different from the available balance based upon what funds have been "Earmarked".

I know, its tough when you get stuck in between. Either way. Drop him an email because it has still inconvenienced you.

We could do with some help from you.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

We stopped using asda for this reason - several years ago when it snowed a lot just before christmas, asda cancelled our christmas food delivery, but still took authorisation for the payment. We were also livid, how was a customer supposed to pay for christmas food shop if asda's authorisation request had disappeared the money from the account. Luckily we had enough money to buy from a different store - but asda refused to provide the shopping even if we went to the store to pick it up, we haven't used them since.

The problem with asda is they take authorisation for the order around midnight, even before they've picked the order. We had also had instances when a lot of the order was out of stock but was still charged for - and then we had to wait for a refund.

My advice is don't use asda for home delivery.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Twaddle by both nw and asda.

Their merchant services who process card payments through the PDQ are able to be emailed and or faxed to release a pre-auth.

The issue probably is the accounts department are M2F 9-5 and no one else can access merchant website to do this at the weekend.

By PDQ this can be software based nowadays.

On credit cards the pre-auth is released on a completion returning unused funds if the case or auto released on request for expiry of 5 days (MasterCard visa).

Amex is 7 days.

Debit cards are longer, up to 12 days.

You need to push asda to manually release the pre-auth or refund ( 3 days back to bank) the 2nd payment.

They can then complete on the 1st.

Potentially this will not resolve by bank holiday weekend.

Claim for any charges you may incur from the bank bills missed etc.

You will struggle to be compensated for anything else as the funds were not earmarked for owt else.

A gesture for inconvience is the best you will get.

Use the Asda Twitter and Facebook pages, you may get a quicker response

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.