Puretecfitness - faulty exercise bike

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

On October 19th I bought an exercise machine on the Decathlon website. However, they were just displaying the item and the purchase was made to a "market place" affiliate called Puretecfitness.

The item was delivered on Oct 26th, however it was not the one I ordered. But I contacted Puretecfitness and they arranged for it to be collected and the right machine delivered on Nov 2nd. No problems - this all went smoothly.

However, the machine does not work - there is a problem with the monitor.

Puretecfitness did not manufacture the machine I contacted the manufacturer, BHfitness.com. They asked to see proof of purchase - no problem - and have said they will order parts for the machine. they have not replied for over a week in relation to when the parts will arrive.

I have a machine that has never worked and now I am waiting.

My issue is,

this could drag on and on and that I may not receive any parts by Christmas - especially given how they now seem to be ignoring emails.

My questions are really,

if I want a refund, who should I contact - Puretecfitness?

Are they responsible? Or BHfitness, given that they have said that they will order parts and that machine seems to be under their warranty?

I also have a feeling that Puretechnfitness only refund within 30 days of purchase (I think I saw something on their website), so would I still be able to get a refund?

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

• BankFodder changed the title to Puretecfitness - faulty exercise bike

The suppliers are responsible.

Under the consumer rights act 2015 if a defect manifests itself within the first 30 days then you are entitled to reject it for a refund.

You say that the bike was delivered on the 26th of last month. This means that you are just within 30 days.

Write them immediately by email and also by post and tell them that you are asserting your rights under the consumer rights act. A defect has manifested itself within 30 days and you are rejecting the bike and you want a refund. Want to know what their arrangements are for collecting the bike and also for giving you the refund.

Do this immediately. Don't waste any time. Even if you don't want to reject it, write the letter to assert your rights. After 30 days and that part of the remedy is lost to you.

How did you pay?

• Like 1

I paid by debit card - I don't have a credit card

do my rights begin when the machine was delivered or when it was bought?

Also, the machine I ordered was delivered on November 2nd - would it start from then?

Thanks

Your rights begin when it was delivered. There is a very good argument to say that your rights began on 2 November.

Anyway, it doesn't matter what their website says. Send the letter. The only thing that matters are your rights under the consumer rights act.

Phone up your bank and do a chargeback. Your bank will be happy but you have the right to have a refund from your bank. Then send a second letter to the suppliers and tell them that you have got your money back from the bank and that they, the suppliers, should make arrangements to collect the bike as soon as possible – and at their expense.

Frankly if they don't pick it up in seven days then we can talk about charging them storage

• Like 1