Game Retail: Refused Refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Tried to take back a faulty headset to GAME today - was bought by Partner's mother for Partner's brother.  Issues with sound quality in both directions on Xbox live.

Was told by the store they could only replace it or offer a gift card.  We've since replaced it with another brand, and don't regularly shop at Game.

I tried explaining that we were exercising the short term right of refusal under the CRA 2015 - but even after contacting the area manager, they refused to honour.

I've emailed into the customer service dept - but I'd be curious about how people would go about dealing with this/whether there's anything else I can do - where a company is refusing to honour those rights.  We could stand there and argue all day - but that won't get us anywhere - and the suggestion of "hire a lawyer and sue them then" - really isn't a proportionate response.

Is Game the name of the store?

How much did you pay?
What date did you buy?
What date did it go wrong?
What date did you assert your right to reject and have you done this in writing?

There will be no need to hire a lawyer. You've been here since 2015 – surely you know that by now. And I would hope that you would have read around on this forum sufficiently to understand the general route to a solution.

How did you contact the area manager – in writing or verbally? How did the manager express their refusal – in writing? Or verbally?

Game is the name of the store (Game Retail, part of Game Digital Group, Part of Frasers Group)

• Headset was £59.99
  • Was bought 14th October
  • Was faulty on first usage
  • Asserted right to reject was done today, unfortunately not in writing (it was in person, in a physical store)
  • The store manager contacted their Area manager via phone (allegedly, she went out back to make the call)
  • Refusal was verbal

Okay. You have 30 days so assert in writing immediately. Refer to the Consumer Rights Act and that you are asserting the short-term right to reject because of the defects in the headset.
Tell them that you want to know what arrangements they are going to make to get the headset back and to refund you.

Separately, how did you pay? Did you pay by debit card or credit card? If you did then you should contact your bank immediately and request a chargeback.

The bank won't be very happy – but who cares. Do it and insist on it and get a reference number.

In a letter if you want you can refer to the fact that you're confirming your assertion of your right to reject which you made verbally at XX door on XX date to XX person and you are surprised that they rejected you as you returned with the defective item within only about 48 hours – whatever it was.

Keep us updated

Both

01256 784094

you can also try calling this, should go through to head office complaints?

also did you buy instore or online?

Edited by jk2054

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service