Euro Car Parks - Illegal tickets??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there,

I parked in a Chislehurt Sainburys car park about 3 weeks ago. Because it was one of the nicest days of the year me and my friends wandered around Chistlehurst high street and the park, popping in and out of sainburys a few times. When I got back there was a lovely sealed plastic bag under my window wiper of a "PARKING CHARGE NOTICE" from Euro Car Parks. Oh joy!

Now I've looked at the documents a few times and there's loads of faults with them. Firstly my registration is missing from one of the documents, secondly the time is different on two types of the documents. The car park (as I later found out) was a 2 hour no return, which lays suspicion on my as to why there are two different times.

The time on the Customer Information sheet says from 15:26 to 17:09, which just put's it within the 2 hour no return section. However! on the actual PCN, it says from 15:26 to 18:15! (which is really dodgy if you ask me) But it means I can say state to them that I returned within the two hours and parked in the same place.

What should I do? State the evidence to them in a letter? Or just ignore them like I've heard. I'm just a student about to head off to uni so I really can't afford to pay up >_

Any help would be great, thanks :D

Okay, I'm going to wait it out and keep you guys posted :)

Just one thing, can anyone clarify the legal rights I have against this? I've read this thread but I'm not fully sure of where I stand, and I don't want to get a knock on my door or a phone call where I don't have a leg to stand on you see. Cheers :D

If they do knock on your door or phone you up, just tell them to "go away" (how you word that is up to you). Just remember that these people are just private citizens. They are not the police or the council and they do now have any more power than you or me to demand this payment.

Okay, I'm going to wait it out and keep you guys posted :)

Just one thing, can anyone clarify the legal rights I have against this? I've read this thread but I'm not fully sure of where I stand, and I don't want to get a knock on my door or a phone call where I don't have a leg to stand on you see. Cheers :D

Dont worry about your legal rights, its those consters that dont have any!!!, they wont knock on your door, if you get a call, just tell them to go away etc etc

Chill and have a beer:)

Can anyone help. I have had 26 parking tickets for exceeding time in sainsburys euro car park, i have absolutely no clue what to do.

So a bit of history, 3 months ago i parked in sainsburys to leave my car and go to my place of work, the enter and exit time sign was not working and i asked the sainsburys staff and euro car park staff whether its ok for me to park. they said cctv not working so yes, i have been parking for last 3 months and just got a letter to say that my hirer company has been paying these tickets and now wish to claim funds from me, it has been agreed that any tickets shall be paid by hirer company first then re claimed by me, where do i stand in claiming back these tickets. totalling £1300

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just an update on my previous comments.

Today, 28 June I received a letter from Control Account PLC claiming to be writing to me on behalf of their client Euro Car Parks.

They now want £119.38 to be paid within the next seven days after failing to settle my outstanding parking charge notice.

All they say is that by settling this amount, it will prevent the requirement for further action.

Quite an official looking letter.

I will continue to ignore this. It does get you thinking though to what might happen!!

Official Letter from a PPC that will be a first

they cant issue an "OFFICIAL LETTER" they dont have the legal right to or the BRAINS

the may try and play on the term "OFFICIAL" and get the pre-school division to type it up :rolleyes:

A common definition of "Official" is "A person who holds public position; or an authority"

Presumably, that's why parking tickets issued by Councils, etc, are "Official", they are issued by a public authority.

And of course, those issued by Private Parking Companies are not - the clue is in the word "Private"!

Simple - innit?

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

For your reference, that which EPC issue - Parking Charge Notices do not exist in law.

FPN - Fixed Penalty Notice - Police

SCT - Standard Charge Ticket - Parking ticket under 1984 RTA

PCN - Penalty Charge Notice - Parking ticket under 1991 RTA and TMA 2004

ECN - Excess Charge Notice - Parking Ticket under 1984 RTA (less used)

EPC are clearly trying to be sneaky by calling it a Parking Charge Notice, I bet they didnt issue any of these before 1991!

The four listed above generally should be paid, unless there missing signs, incorrectly worded ticket etc etc etc.

Do not pay Parking Charge Notices, there is no legal backing to them.

How can you receive a 'parking charge' for parking when there is no offer to park because they are not allowing it, despite trying to charge for it?

apologies, i know my statements arnt exactly 100% clear, but I am not quite sure what you are saying / asking.

It appears that they are trying to immitate a Penalty Charge Notice (by shape, size, issue criteria and name). But they are not enforceable in any way as there is no legislative backing.

They are issuing the Parking Charge because they say you have parked illegally. (you havent but thats not the point)

Just pointing out the irony of calling an invoice a 'parking charge' when there is no contractual offer to park in the first place. They are not charging a fee for parking when they are trying to forbid it.

That's the way these companies trip up - it must be a penalty for breach of contract, not a 'parking charge' because there is no offer to park in exchange for money.

Well today I received one of those awful letters!

I'm almost 100% certain that I'll be ignoring it having read all the useful tips on here but I have one small concern; does it ever get as far as bailiffs visiting your home? I have teenage children who are sometimes at home on their own and am terrified that they might unwittingly answer the door to one of these creatures!

I'm almost 100% certain that I'll be ignoring it having read all the useful tips on here but I have one small concern; does it ever get as far as bailiffs visiting your home? I have teenage children who are sometimes at home on their own and am terrified that they might unwittingly answer the door to one of these creatures!

Worry not my fair maiden!, for it to get to baliffs it would have to go to court(and then some) and these cretins dont do court, just threatening letters.

:)

Please don't confuse debt collectors with bailiffs. The former are just private citizens with no special powers. They cannot enter your property, they cannot seize goods and they cannot blacken your credit record over parking charges. If they do turn up tell them to go away or you will call the police.

Bailiffs (who are "officers of the court") only come on the scene in the very unlikely event that the case goes to court, the even more unlikely event that you lose and you refuse to pay whatever the judge orders.

Hi. Relax :) Baliffs will not come to your door for these invoices. The PPC/ DCA letters are all threats and thats all they are. The only way a baliff would come to your door would be if you went to court (extremely rare!), you then lost and then refused or could not pay the amount awarded. That is is very long drawn out process and certainly not how the PPCs/DCAs make you think it is ;) Ignore them

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks