Standing Charge for unconnected British Gas-meter **WON** account closed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I am having a dispute with BG over a gas meter.

I moved into my property in November 2013,

there was no gas in the property but there was an outside meter which wasn't connected to any gas pipes in my property so I just left it like that.

The dials on the meter were all at zero.

About 6 months later I recieved a bill for £26 for having the meter there and was told this was a standing charge for it.

In November 2014 they sent someone out to remove the meter.

I told BG that I was going to look into the charge

a few weeks later I got a bill for £55,

maybe i shouldn't have but I ignored this bill then got sent another bill a few months later for £75.

When I phoned up to ask why I had got this latest bill they told me that the meter at my property was my responsibility

and that it cost 0.26p a day for having it there.

I have now had debt collectors threatening to take me to court if I don't pay up.

I don't think I should be paying for something that I haven't used,

I'm not even a BG customer!

I wish I had taken the advice of this website and kept track of phone calls and kept all the bills but i just ignored it,

I just thought that it was so stupid that I was being charged for something

that I've never had that BG would see sense and dismiss the dispute.

Can anyone give me advice on what to do next as I don't think that I should be paying British Gas for anything.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Energy

Who can we help?

Complaining to the company

What can we deal with?

Green Deal

Resolutions

Energy companies

Advice and stories

Terms of reference

Complain now

Contact us

Property

Copyright

More Services

Contact us

The best way to contact us is by phoning us.

Phone: 0330 440 1624

Fax: 0330 440 1625

Textphone: 0330 440 1600

Our phone lines are open Monday to Friday from 9am until 5pm. We close at the weekends, on bank holidays and between Christmas and New Year.

Please note that 03 numbers, introduced by Ofcom, are an alternative to chargeable 08 numbers such as 0845. Calls to 03 numbers cost the same as, or less than, calls to 01 and 02 prefixed numbers and are included as part of any inclusive minutes or discount package. These rules apply to calls from any type of line including mobile, fixed line or payphone.

03 numbers, introduced by Ofcom are an alternative to chargeable 08 numbers like 0845. Calls to 03 numbers cost the same or less than calls to 01 and 02 prefixed numbers and are included as part of any inclusive minutes or discount package.The rules will apply to calls from any type of line including mobile, fixed line or payph03 number03 numbers, introduced by Ofcom are an alternative to chargeable 08 numbers such as 0845. Calls to 03 numbers cost the same or less than calls to 01 and 02 prefixed numbers and are included as part of any inclusive minutes or discount package. These rules apply to calls from any type of line including mobile, fixed line or payphone.

If you need to write to us, you can do so using the following address:

Ombudsman Services: Energy

PO Box 966

Warrington

WA4 9DF

Contact Form

Title:

First name: *

Surname: *

Contact number: *

Alternative contact number:

Email address: *

Your Enquiry *

Maximum Allowed: 2000 characters.

If you have an existing case please include your reference number. If it is a new enquiry please tell us your preferred method of contact

Submit Form

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Thanks for the replys.

I have emailed the ceo of British gas and they have said that they are going to investigate the matter. Should take up to 5 days for a reply.

I'll wait and see what happens and let you all know.

Excellent, if he can't, or won't, sort it then straight to the ombudsman and the press.

No.

Straight to the County Court for rapid results and decent compensation.

Hi Everyone, well finally got a reply from the CEO department and have been told that there will be no action against me and my account will be closed. Just as well I visited this website and got advice from you guys. Wondering just how many people just pay what BG ask for even if BG are wrong. Will send in a donation and thank you to everyone for your help.

Did you check your credit files ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D